I voted for the Libertarians a time or two. It is a shame that poor polls results mean we won't get the representatives for liberty even a place in the debates.
We don't have to have a libertarian to protect liberty. Ronald Reagan wasn't a libertarian. Neither is Ted Cruz. It just requires a true constitutional conservative.

I voted for the Libertarians a time or two. It is a shame that poor polls results mean we won't get the representatives for liberty even a place in the debates.
We don't have to have a libertarian to protect liberty. Ronald Reagan wasn't a libertarian. Neither is Ted Cruz. It just requires a true constitutional conservative.

During Reagan's administration the debt ceiling was raised 18 times and the federal debt just about tripled. Ted Cruz I'd gamble on though. But he was rejected in the nomination process and I don't trust either major party when it comes to stop making us all slaves to the government's wreckful spending.

During Reagan's administration the debt ceiling was raised 18 times and the federal debt just about tripled. Ted Cruz I'd gamble on though. But he was rejected in the nomination process and I don't trust either major party when it comes to stop making us all slaves to the government's wreckful spending.
Reagan slashed taxes leaving more of your money in your pocket and he drastically reduced regulations to give business owners more freedom and flexibility.

Who are you to tell them no if you believe in personal freedom and liberty? Are you big government?

There is no personal freedom in destroying your life. The laws also do not just apply to the poor.
Why, yes there actually. The very base of liberty is the ability to freely choose what you want to do with your life and that includes destroying it.

Nothing illegal with eating yourself to death. Nothing illegal with drinking yourself to death. Nothing illegal with smoking till you drop.

Just do not smoke weed....

Actually government regulates all of the things you mentioned. You may have noticed Matthew was crying wolf as he lives in a state that recreational pot is legal.
Its sale is regulated, yes. It is not illegal.

Is there anyone pushing for legal pot to be completely unregulated? Is there anywhere such has happened?

Your argument that we should let more things potentially kill citizens is beyond stupid. Following it with two pointless questions makes me think you're high.
Actually my argument is that we should respect the rights and freedoms of individuals to do as they please rather than telling them what we think is best for them.

But you don't have a problem with spending 6 trillion dollars as Trump said on the goddamn sand box in the middle east...Certainly, this forces the American tax payer to pay out the ass for something totally stupid.

But hell, that pot holed filled road? Oh'boyyyy that is just so wrong to fix.
I get sick and tired of the whining about roads
Just look how many tax dollars that are collected collected both federally and by the states that are supposed to be earmarked for roads and then tell me why our roads are in such bad shape

Hint it ain't that there isn't enough money

Your argument that we should let more things potentially kill citizens is beyond stupid. Following it with two pointless questions makes me think you're high.
Why should we try to force people to live? :dunno:

Please explain how a law forces people to do things. It certainly doesn't make them stay below the speed limit, sober and a host of other things.

Actually my argument is that we should respect the rights and freedoms of individuals to do as they please rather than telling them what we think is best for them.

At some point those freedoms and rights rest against the freedoms and rights of other people. This is normally where a law is written to create an understood limit.

Why should we try to force people to live? :dunno:

Please explain how a law forces people to do things. It certainly doesn't make them stay below the speed limit, sober and a host of other things.
Then why even have laws if they don't do what they are intended to do? :dunno:

At some point those freedoms and rights rest against the freedoms and rights of other people. This is normally where a law is written to create an understood limit.
Absolutely. But how does some idiot overdosing on heroin "rest against" my rights and freedoms? It doesn't at all.

For the record - nobody vehemently opposes drugs more than I do. They are destroying communities. But you cannot regulate behavior and outlawing it has only made very evil people extremely wealthy and left death and destruction in its wake. We would be much better off legalizing it, taxing it, and educating people (like we have with cigarettes) to reduce or eliminate drug use.

Absolutely. But how does some idiot overdosing on heroin "rest against" my rights and freedoms? It doesn't at all.

For the record - nobody vehemently opposes drugs more than I do. They are destroying communities. But you cannot regulate behavior and outlawing it has only made very evil people extremely wealthy and left death and destruction in its wake. We would be much better off legalizing it, taxing it, and educating people (like we have with cigarettes) to reduce or eliminate drug use.

You said it, drugs destroy communities. That effects everyone and that is where laws assist. Wow! What an awesome idea, educating people about the issues with drugs. How did no one think that before? Is pot use in Colorado down in relation to use before the taxation? Let me get this straight, you would rather the government be enriched versus a criminal. I guess you can pick legalized stealing if you want.

You said it, drugs destroy communities. That effects everyone and that is where laws assist.
Folks...you can't make this stuff up. In the first sentence, SL proclaims that drugs are "destroying communities". In the very next sentence SL states, "that is where the laws assist". :uhh:

Obviously the laws are not "assisting". Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Let me get this straight, you would rather the government be enriched versus a criminal. I guess you can pick legalized stealing if you want.
Let me get this straight - you would rather preach liberty but implement oppression? You sound like a progressive hypocrite proclaiming you want to restore liberty while demanding to control what people do with their own lives.

Spoken like a true anarchist.
Spoken like a true idiot. You got caught with an irrational position and when I point that out, you run from the issue and change the subject. You are adamant that we need laws to stop drugs while proclaiming that laws don't stop people from doing what they want. That is a special kind of stupid. You're contradicting yourself.

Alcohol is legal. It alters the mind just like narcotics.

"Liberty" is when you can do what you want without interference from people you didn't ask for.

A few examples: People can't take things that are yours, can't kill you, threaten you, enslave you.

If you make a voluntary contract with someone to give him something or do something for him, in exchange for his giving you something or doing something, then you are obliged to carry out your part of the deal as he must carry out his part, because you both agreed to. The sanctity of contracts is very important, because without it there can be no reliable cooperation or long-term planning. Getting out of a contract is unusual, but shiite happens, and you can get out if you both agree.

If you want to help someone who's having hard time (charity), you certainly can. And if you want to talk others into doing the same, you (and they) can certainly do that too. But you are not obliged to, and neither are they.

Government's job is to make sure someone you didn't ask for, doesn't interfere with you. Aside from that, you're on your own. Govt doesn't owe you food, shelter, health care, or anything else but protection. And it has no business telling you how you must get those things, as long as you don't interfere with others who didn't ask for your "help".

The progressive ideology is a cancer that is killing this nation. It is an ideology which places stuff (housing, healthcare, etc.) above liberty. We cannot allow the ungrateful left to place their wants above freedom.

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

The Party of Liberty

Lol?

Which party is against gay rights and weed?

The right ! The only liberty they care about is owning guns .

You said it, drugs destroy communities. That effects everyone and that is where laws assist.
Folks...you can't make this stuff up. In the first sentence, SL proclaims that drugs are "destroying communities". In the very next sentence SL states, "that is where the laws assist". :uhh:

Obviously the laws are not "assisting". Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Let me get this straight, you would rather the government be enriched versus a criminal. I guess you can pick legalized stealing if you want.
Let me get this straight - you would rather preach liberty but implement oppression? You sound like a progressive hypocrite proclaiming you want to restore liberty while demanding to control what people do with their own lives.

I understand you have comprehension problems. I understand you wish to destroy the country. You falsely appear to "help" those on drugs by allowing them to die. Way to protect their freedom. You're big on abortion too?

Spoken like a true anarchist.
Spoken like a true idiot. You got caught with an irrational position and when I point that out, you run from the issue and change the subject. You are adamant that we need laws to stop drugs while proclaiming that laws don't stop people from doing what they want. That is a special kind of stupid. You're contradicting yourself.

Alcohol is legal. It alters the mind just like narcotics.

Again, read for comprehension moron.

Yes, exactly.

The right for you to control your own body and put whatever you want into it does not interfere with others rights ergo drug laws are bullshit. Their only goal is control over the individual - not the protection of rights of others.

You said it, drugs destroy communities. That effects everyone and that is where laws assist. Wow! What an awesome idea, educating people about the issues with drugs. How did no one think that before? Is pot use in Colorado down in relation to use before the taxation? Let me get this straight, you would rather the government be enriched versus a criminal. I guess you can pick legalized stealing if you want.
So does alcoholism yet we discovered that making it illegal destroyed MORE communities than legalizing it as has happened with drugs.

The progressive ideology is a cancer that is killing this nation. It is an ideology which places stuff (housing, healthcare, etc.) above liberty. We cannot allow the ungrateful left to place their wants above freedom.

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

The Party of Liberty

Lol?

Which party is against gay rights and weed? The right ! The only liberty they care about is owning guns .
LOL! Which party keeps making shit up? No party is against "gay rights". Homosexuals can vote, carry a firearm, worship in any religion they choose, are secure in their persons and documents, etc.

Keep trying there Timmy. Maybe some day some crap that you throw at the internet wall will actually stick.

Forum List

Back