CDZ Is this image a problem for you? Does it disturb you?

Nobody expects background checks to stop all illegal gun buyers. Your question is childish.

so what exactly do you plan to do about the actual criminals who buy guns illegally?
Nobody expects background checks to stop all illegal gun buyers. Your question is childish.

so what exactly do you plan to do about the actual criminals who buy guns illegally?

Easy. Make it illegal to be a criminal.
LOL. Yes, that's what modern liberals believe. They'd rather pass new laws restricting rights than enforcing the laws already on the books.

Actually, that's what the nutters say - Just throw up our hands and give up.

Anyone old enough to remember when car makers said the same thing? They said seat belts and safety measures will not save lives. That was code for 'it will cost us money'.

NRA is now saying very close to the same thing, except they wave the flag and the constitution at the easily owned tee potty types. Yes 2aguy I'm looking at you.

It was effective for a while for car makers and it will ring the bell for the nutters until they're sick of stepping over hundreds of dead kids bodies to sell more guns to those who don't need them. Like cleverly disguised cupcake 2aguy

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So then maybe you can tell me how restricting my right to own firearms will stop some piece of shit criminal from using an illegally obtained gun in the commission of a crime.

Who's restricting your right to own firearms?

LOL. Yes, that's what modern liberals believe. They'd rather pass new laws restricting rights than enforcing the laws already on the books.

Anyone old enough to remember when car makers said the same thing? They said seat belts and safety measures will not save lives. That was code for 'it will cost us money'.

NRA is now saying very close to the same thing, except they wave the flag and the constitution at the easily owned tee potty types. Yes 2aguy I'm looking at you.

It was effective for a while for car makers and it will ring the bell for the nutters until they're sick of stepping over hundreds of dead kids bodies to sell more guns to those who don't need them. Like cleverly disguised cupcake 2aguy

So then maybe you can tell me how restricting my right to own firearms will stop some piece of shit criminal from using an illegally obtained gun in the commission of a crime.

The government

I cannot own certain semiautomatic rifles
I cannot own magazines of certain capacities

All in the vain attempt to stop gun crime

and has it worked

No.

The government

and has it worked

No.

Regulating guns is not the same as taking away your right to own guns.

So without a background check, what will stop him from being able to buy a gun?

And how did background checks stop the killers shooting up Chicago, Baltimore, D.C., L.A., New York? They already are not allowed to buy a gun because they are criminals...so when the police encounter them while they have the gun, we can already arrest them and lock them up....then, people like you who are judges and prosecutors let them back out, over and over again....that is the problem....not our dumb background check system.

What is childish is punishing people for the illegal actions of a very, very few assholes.

Do you think people should text while driving?
No. Do you think we should ban cars because a few people do?
or cell phones?

The problem we have is that liberals do not want to punish criminals.

The government

and has it worked

No.

A ban of a rifle for no reason other than cosmetic accessories is not regulation

and how does saying I can't own a particular type of semiautomatic rifle stop criminals from committing crimes with guns?

Hint: It doesn't

The government

and has it worked

No.

Well, the racist Democrats only want to disarm legal citizens, making violent thugs and criminal illegal aliens the only people they hope to exempt from criminal arrests and prosecution, and they dream their dogs will then start murdering a lot of white people, especially those Evul Xians and white proles. At least that's what their degenerate violent politics point to. They've already 'mainstreamed' assassinating police officers and glorifying hood rat vermin as 'martyrs' among their base, so now they need to move on to the next goal. It's yet another one of their 'social justice' platforms that align perfectly with the political goals of the billionaire 'globalist' labor racketeers and swindlers they suck up to.

Just read the Foreign Affairs quarterly for their flagship propaganda outlet; it's not like they're concerned about keeping their criminal operations secret or anything. They now hope to make Red China the new military power for forcing 'compliance' among the other nations as a fall back if they fail in the U.S.

Last edited:

The government

and has it worked

No.

It most certainly is.

Here we have an image....if you see what I am alluding to...please comment.....View attachment 140169

If you have a problem with these women, please explain why.........
Nope; no problem with nice quiet girls in the "house next door".

These women may "intimidate me" if they should ever receive orders to "leave no guy behind".

Female-servicemen-of-the-Military-University-of-the-Russian-Ministry-of-Defence-march.jpg

The government

and has it worked

No.

It certainly can be in several instances. The fact you claim to not understand this, given you actually are capable of doing so, just means you can't be trusted to discuss this honestly. Another reason Constitutional Amendment supporters do not trust Left Wingers to be honest.

And how did background checks stop the killers shooting up Chicago, Baltimore, D.C., L.A., New York? They already are not allowed to buy a gun because they are criminals...so when the police encounter them while they have the gun, we can already arrest them and lock them up....then, people like you who are judges and prosecutors let them back out, over and over again....that is the problem....not our dumb background check system.

And nothing in your post is accurate....as more people own and carry guns our gun crime rate went down...showing you don't know what you are talking about. As more Americans own and carry guns, our gun accident rate and our accidental gun death rate went down, not up...showing you don't know what you are talking about.

As to children....those of us who support the Right to self defense believe that gun safety should be taught in schools, to help lower the incidents of gun accidents and kids.....and people like you stop those programs whenever you can....

So....we want children to be safe around guns, you want to stop those safety programs....of the two of us, you are endangering more children, not me....

Yeah.....the bar one? Virginia and allowed concealed carry in bars...their crime rate in bars went down....

Allowing guns into bars has ‘surprising’ result

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Virginia isn't the only state that allows carrying a gun....you just can't drink and carry, just like you can't drive and carry...

So......you guys would laugh at people who carry every day....tell us, do you know exactly when you will be violently attacked by a criminal? Because a lot of women who are violently raped, a lot of people who are brutally beaten and robbed, and a lot of people murdered by criminals sure could have used your psychic abilities.....

I think allowing guns in bars is a VERY BAD IDEA frankly. Alcohal fuels violence - there is no doubt about that.

I'm not totally anti-gun, believe it or not. I support the right of citizens to have guns but I also support LIMITS on that right (just like any other right). One of those is mixing guns and booze.

Is there any llimitation you support when it comes to gun rights?
Sure, If you are convicted of a violent crime, no gun, period. Full stop. See the only way to CONSTITUTIONALLY take a right, is through what is called "due process". In other words, conviction of a crime.

So without a background check, what will stop him from being able to buy a gun?

Are you making the argument that because background checks aren't 100% perfect they should be abandoned?

No....I will give you current, federally mandated background checks at gun stores. They don't work....but you anti gunners seem to like them...that is me meeting you half way.

I say no to Universal Background checks for private sales of guns...for a number of reasons, first...because anti gun leadership simply wants them in order to have leverage to get universal gun registration....you can't have background checks for private sales without gun registration, you won't know who started with the gun in order to punish people who sell their guns without the background check...so, no universal background checks.

Also...according to the Haynes v. United States Supreme Court decision, criminals do not have to register their illegal guns...do you understand that point? Yes or No? That means that only normal, law abiding citizens who want guns for self defense, not crime, are the only ones who will be punished for not registering their guns.....does that make any sense to you?

Then you have another problem with UBCs.....they don't work any better than current federally mandated background checks for gun store purchases....the same people who are straw buyers, those who can pass a background check and buy guns for criminals....usually family members and boyfriend gang members....can also pass background checks for private sales.....making them just as useless at stopping actual criminals.

Then you have another problem....mass public shooters can pass all background checks...since they usually haven't committed a crime that would keep them from buying guns...and of those who have, they can simply steal the guns they want, since most public shooters plan their crimes 6 months to 2 years in advance of the attack.

Then you have the simple fact.....guns are private property, and the government can't be allowed to regulate the private sale of personal property......

Then, the capper.........we already have all the laws we need to put criminals in jail....if a felon is caught owning, buying or carrying a gun, they can already be arrested and locked up. If you commit a crime with a gun, rape, robbery or murder, you can be arrested and locked up.

Background checks do nothing to help lock up those criminals. If you want current background checks...you can have them...but no more...we met you half way...not one step more.....

I hope you aren't holding your breath.....

Forum List

Back