Is There a Path to Peace in Ukraine?

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

This article that was posted at antiwar.com suggests that there is not with Biden. However, other countries have more incentive as the outcome is being contemplated!

The path to peace in Ukraine begins with a bullet in Putin's brain.

If we stop trying to kill each other maybe then we could become part of the solution.

The path to peace depends upon how many casualties the Russian military and Putin can take.
They are already bring in Syrians to help fight.
Their tanks keep getting surrendered.
Their air force keeps getting obliterated.
Their economy and Ruble are worthless.
IMHO Putin needs to take a promise that Ukraine won't join NATO and leave.

I don't know how Putin bends unless he gets his pound of flesh. At least some territory.

And that just invites more, later.
Ds and libs like to misrepresent Rs and cons, claiming they support Putin. The much bigger problem is Ds and libs hatred for Putin and Russia because well… TRUMP!

Hopefully this mental disorder does lead to a nuclear holocaust.

Before that could happen millions will die, but you’re fine with that.
I'm not fine with that you jackass. Putin absolutely deserves death for his crimes. The only way a true villain ever stops is if they are stopped. Can't do shit about it other than hope they don't take a bunch of people with them.

I don't know how Putin bends unless he gets his pound of flesh. At least some territory.

Yeah. If he had had any credibility, Ukraine might have traded its eastern provinces and crimea for something .... cheap gas and debt foregiveness?

Nato membership was not forseeable, but with sound economic fundamentals and less corruption, EU membership wasn't impossible.

BUT would Putin have accepted EU membership? IMO, no friggin chance. He wanted Ukraine exclusively in his "former soviet" trading bloc.

A demiliterized Ukraine? When someone's invaded you twice in 6 years, disarmament may not seem a good idea.

IF PUTIN had been willing to allow Ukraine to exist in peace and free trade, then a deal was not that hard to see. And no doubt Ukraine would love a deal now ... but how to you make a deal with a guy who should be in jail for crimes against humanity? Say he does a deal and invades again. Would the same sanctions happen? I wouldn't bet on it.

So I just don't see the deal. And Putin would be giving away "cards" if he let the civilians leave war zones.

I'm not fine with that you jackass. Putin absolutely deserves death for his crimes. The only way a true villain ever stops is if they are stopped. Can't do shit about it other than hope they don't take a bunch of people with them.
I’m fine with that but then logically, you also think W and O deserve death. Right?

Yeah. If he had had any credibility, Ukraine might have traded its eastern provinces and crimea for something .... cheap gas and debt foregiveness?

Nato membership was not forseeable, but with sound economic fundamentals and less corruption, EU membership wasn't impossible.

BUT would Putin have accepted EU membership? IMO, no friggin chance. He wanted Ukraine exclusively in his "former soviet" trading bloc.

A demiliterized Ukraine? When someone's invaded you twice in 6 years, disarmament may not seem a good idea.

IF PUTIN had been willing to allow Ukraine to exist in peace and free trade, then a deal was not that hard to see. And no doubt Ukraine would love a deal now ... but how to you make a deal with a guy who should be in jail for crimes against humanity? Say he does a deal and invades again. Would the same sanctions happen? I wouldn't bet on it.

So I just don't see the deal. And Putin would be giving away "cards" if he let the civilians leave war zones.
He may see that there's no turning back now, and that ain't good.

I wonder what happens "after" this, whether all these sanctions go away. I sure hope not.

I’m fine with that but then logically, you also think W and O deserve death. Right?
You are full of stupid questions today. We only ever had one president that tried to be an unaccountable dictator and he's not on your list for some reason.

I honestly don't know. But I've not been very hopeful on Russia since the late 90s. I think the majority is ambivalent to free elections, and prefer a strong dictator. Ironically the Soviets may have found their best form for a responsive but stable govt with the old post-Stalin politburo

But now they are "one man show," and frighteningly China may be heading that way.

I honestly don't know. But I've not been very hopeful on Russia since the late 90s. I think the majority is ambivalent to free elections, and prefer a strong dictator. Ironically the Soviets may have found their best form for a responsive but stable govt with the old post-Stalin politburo

But now they are "one man show," and frighteningly China may be heading that way.
This will be a pretty interesting situation in the short term, as Russia becomes more and more dependent on China to buy its oil and other products.

China only becomes more powerful.

This will be a pretty interesting situation in the short term, as Russia becomes more and more dependent on China to buy its oil and other products.

China only becomes more powerful.
I really don't know what China will do. It has an interest in affirming non intervention inside it's own borders, and Taiwan is Chinese. There is no good solution there.

Forum List

Back