Is the flu shot an indication of what is instore for us

I wont call you names.

I think its just a microcosm of how the government always handles anything they touch. they never meet expectations and always go over budget.

I asked dude to merge our threads so if you want i'll continue in the other one since it was up before mine :)

I have seen how state health care works and I never had a problem with it.
I was on state medical when I was pregnant even though I worked full time but because the corporation I worked for had many loop holes on getting out of covering people I had to go on state medical. I got to choose my doctor, choose the hospital I had my son at, and I got the same care that my sister recieved when she had her baby at the same hospital but had private insurance. My son is on state now and I have never had to wait in lines and I have never had any problem recieving medical care for him.

wow! two of you had the same idea. The RNC called, they say you are doing a good job and keep getting the talking points out there. ;)

huh? I was just hearing about the shortage and I know the feds were in charge of getting it and the states were in charge of requesting it from the feds so I connected the dots and made a comment.

I take it you think i'm nuts? Or are you just drive by insulting people instead of trying to contribute to a discussion of the thought?

I am not getting a shot as I dont need it....i'll save the shot i would have taken so a young or elderly person can get a better chance at getting one.
But not all the dots, only the dots that support your bias. The vaccine is produced by private sector manufacturers who say they can't get enough eggs from private sector egg producers. So if you connected ALL the dots they would lead you back to a private sector failure.

Last edited:
I wont call you names.

I think its just a microcosm of how the government always handles anything they touch. they never meet expectations and always go over budget.

I asked dude to merge our threads so if you want i'll continue in the other one since it was up before mine :)

I was on state medical when I was pregnant even though I worked full time but because the corporation I worked for had many loop holes on getting out of covering people I had to go on state medical. I got to choose my doctor, choose the hospital I had my son at, and I got the same care that my sister recieved when she had her baby at the same hospital but had private insurance. My son is on state now and I have never had to wait in lines and I have never had any problem recieving medical care for him.

My state, MA, has begun rationing doctors visits to those who are on MassHealth and we have run up a multi-billion dollar defecit in just a few short years since we implimented mandatory health insurance and government programs to help people buy said insurance. This isn't all of what caused our defecit but it is more than half the reason.

Last edited:
I wont call you names.

My state, MA, has begun rationing doctors visits to those who are on MassHealth and we have run up a multi-billion dollar defecit in just a few short years since we implimented mandatory health insurance and government programs to help people buy said insurance. This is all of what caused our defecit but it is more than half the reason.
Here if you are state you go through a private insurance company for medical care, kind of like a two party system. My son is part of Group Health, it is kind of lke a two party system. If you can you pay Group Healths premium.
I have never been for one payer system but I am for everyone excluding illegals being covered.

My state, MA, has begun rationing doctors visits to those who are on MassHealth and we have run up a multi-billion dollar defecit in just a few short years since we implimented mandatory health insurance and government programs to help people buy said insurance. This is all of what caused our defecit but it is more than half the reason.
Here if you are state you go through a private insurance company for medical care, kind of like a two party system. My son is part of Group Health, it is kind of lke a two party system. If you can you pay Group Healths premium.
I have never been for one payer system but I am for everyone excluding illegals being covered.

Well what do you know. When neither one of us insults the other and we just talk it takes about 4 posts to find comon ground :D

Well the government was in charge of aquiring and distributing H1N1 flu shots to the citizens of the country.

However they ended up with only enough vaccine to cover about 15% of our total population leaving us with a big shortage.

This is a small scale plan compared to having the government get involved in our health care. If we let them pass the public option, which is intended to lead to socialized single payer health care, we will see these kinds of shortages happen in all health care aspects instead of just H1N1 vaccines.

What say you? Pilgrim is nuts? Pilgrim is onto something? sound off and discuss with me.

They intended to have health care reform passed by now, PP. I know saw the video montage piece that shows the path to socialized healthcare. Of course the liberals in gov't want that to be the eventual end game but as we have seen in the recent months they can't seem to get shit accomplished so forgive me if I just kinda shrug at doom and gloom projections of what may be 20 years from now.

Now in regards to the H1N1, they are doing the best they can. When Obama declared a federal emergency to help speed up the process he was attacked for it on this very board and now we are hearing that it's taking too long.

You know that if they passed the reform a few months back it would not have impacted the aquisition of H1N1 vaccines from big pharm in a positive or negative way, considering most of what was in hr3200 would not have gone into effect until 2013. The new 1900 page bill may be different but that wasn't around then.

Doom and gloom projections for 20 years from now? You gotta elaborate on that one man i'm not getting where that statement originated from.

You are right they are doing the best they can in regards to H1N1. I dont recall that I attacked Obama for declaring a federal emergency, considering I had the swine flu last year I may have been skeptical at the emergency aspect but I let that one go.

The government is in charge of aquiring and distributing it and they are not doing a good job. This does not give me confidence that they will do a better job if they expand their responsibilities further into the health care and health insurance industries. The vaccine is just one thing, the care and insurance industries are WAY more complex.

The doom and gloom projections came from your video of Obama and others in gov't making statements about an eventual single payer and elimination of private insurance 15-20 years from now.

I know you didn't attack him for declaring a federal emergency just pointing out that no matter what they do to try to get this out to the public and help people they will be criticized for it.

Personally, I'm just happy they even have a vaccine and are getting it out there.

What would be a "good job" look like to you?

You people do know that this all could have been prevented if, WE CLOSED OUR FREAKIN' BORDERS!

how do you explain 75% of the worlds countries having swine flu?
Open Borders!

The first few cases were diagnosed in the southwest. They came through from Mexico. Closing the damn border would go a long way in preventing this crap from happening. With the illegal population in the southwest, and those coming through to visit family, it became virtually impossible to isolate it.

You people do know that this all could have been prevented if, WE CLOSED OUR FREAKIN' BORDERS!

Open Borders!

The first few cases were diagnosed in the southwest. They came through from Mexico. Closing the damn border would go a long way in preventing this crap from happening. With the illegal population in the southwest, and those coming through to visit family, it became virtually impossible to isolate it.

so your answer to this is for us just to stay in one place never visiting any other country or allowing peole from another country to visit here?

Well what do you know. When neither one of us insults the other and we just talk it takes about 4 posts to find comon ground :D
:lol: pretty much!

Open Borders!

so your answer to this is for us just to stay in one place never visiting any other country or allowing peole from another country to visit here?

they should have refused reentry to the spring breakers from cancun.:lol::lol::lol:

They intended to have health care reform passed by now, PP. I know saw the video montage piece that shows the path to socialized healthcare. Of course the liberals in gov't want that to be the eventual end game but as we have seen in the recent months they can't seem to get shit accomplished so forgive me if I just kinda shrug at doom and gloom projections of what may be 20 years from now.

Now in regards to the H1N1, they are doing the best they can. When Obama declared a federal emergency to help speed up the process he was attacked for it on this very board and now we are hearing that it's taking too long.

You know that if they passed the reform a few months back it would not have impacted the aquisition of H1N1 vaccines from big pharm in a positive or negative way, considering most of what was in hr3200 would not have gone into effect until 2013. The new 1900 page bill may be different but that wasn't around then.

Doom and gloom projections for 20 years from now? You gotta elaborate on that one man i'm not getting where that statement originated from.

You are right they are doing the best they can in regards to H1N1. I dont recall that I attacked Obama for declaring a federal emergency, considering I had the swine flu last year I may have been skeptical at the emergency aspect but I let that one go.

The government is in charge of aquiring and distributing it and they are not doing a good job. This does not give me confidence that they will do a better job if they expand their responsibilities further into the health care and health insurance industries. The vaccine is just one thing, the care and insurance industries are WAY more complex.

The doom and gloom projections came from your video of Obama and others in gov't making statements about an eventual single payer and elimination of private insurance 15-20 years from now.
I know you didn't attack him for declaring a federal emergency just pointing out that no matter what they do to try to get this out to the public and help people they will be criticized for it.

Personally, I'm just happy they even have a vaccine and are getting it out there.

And those projections came from Obama and those he has advise him, not from me.

Good point, i have seen it and that is frustrating to me. It reminds me of how bush was treated and I think its wrong

What would a "good job" look like to me? You may be shocked to hear me say it but it would have been to declare it an emergency earlier than last saturday. It would have been declared months ago (or even before the summer when I caught the h1n1) to speed up the process

Good point, i have seen it and that is frustrating to me. It reminds me of how bush was treated and I think its wrong

What would a "good job" look like to me? You may be shocked to hear me say it but it would have been to declare it an emergency earlier than last saturday. It would have been declared months ago (or even before the summer when I caught the h1n1) to speed up the process

Ok ... so your beef is that the gov't was way too late to act.

When did the vaccine become available?

Open Borders!

they should have refused reentry to the spring breakers from cancun.:lol::lol::lol:

I guess so! And just think if we were not allowed to go to Mexico we wouldn't have "girls gone wild" and I know many guys on here would be upset about that.:lol:

but but you have a much healthier immune system now.
And you really should stay away from mexicans.

Open Borders!

Not at all. But you see, and this doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to figure out. When a case of swine flu is first discovered it is reported to the CDC. The CDC then investigates the person or persons to find out where they live, where they may have traveled, who they may have had contact with. They then try to isolate the virus. That would include strict control of people entering this country who may be from where it originated. If quarantine is necessary, that's what happens. It's virtually impossible when you've got people BREAKING THE LAW and running over the border like the lil' cockroaches they are.

Open Borders!

If that's what it takes, YES!

After all, nobody told them to go visit that third world shithole!

Forum List

Back