Is Susan Collins about to lose her Senate seat?

Senator Susan Collins is trailing her Sarah Gideon by 9% according to the latest poll. Link at the end.
Why is Collins at high risk of losing? She votes with the toxic Trump 67% of the time in a state where Trump got 45% on 2016.
Republicans can't afford to lose Maine. Collins has been there since 1996.
She’s been in office for 23 years. It’s time to retire to her gold plated pension.

What makes you think she has a gold plated pension?
After 23 years she would get $85k a year

Then, there is good ole Mitch
Will Trumps coattails help him or hurt him?

The Kentucky Senate race between Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his likely Democratic opponent Amy McGrath is shaping up to be one of the tightest, most contentious and expensive contests of the 2020 election cycle.

Polls have shown the race to be incredibly close, with the candidates either being tied or separated by single digits.

Senator Susan Collins is trailing her Sarah Gideon by 9% according to the latest poll. Link at the end.
Why is Collins at high risk of losing? She votes with the toxic Trump 67% of the time in a state where Trump got 45% on 2016.
There WILL be a clean sweep in 2020...Republicans will be voted out by massive margins...people are fed up with them and will demand change!

There WILL be a clean sweep in 2020...Republicans will be voted out by massive margins...people are fed up with them and will demand change!
You spelled "Democrats" completely wrong!

Polls? I have fond memories about the 2016 polls....

How was 2018?

In 2020, we will correct the errors of 2018.

Reminds me of another leader’s last words of your caliber Admiral.

9EA8A150-56BE-4827-BEA3-A0D65A02CEC9.jpeg

She’s been in office for 23 years. It’s time to retire to her gold plated pension.

Link?

Trumps coattails will do more harm than good

Massive Democratic turnout will not only dump Trump but lead to major Democratic gains in Congress and at the state level.

Well, it's a possibility. Trump will not be the popular guy he was in 2016. There's an uprising against her, especially amongst women in the state since her vote on Kavanaugh.
But it's been brewing for a while now. It still is a long way to November and as they say, anything goes, especially in the this political environment.
The Women of Maine vs. Susan Collins

How was 2018?

View attachment 343308

Custer was an idiot, who severely underestimated his opponent. In today's world, he would be a racist liberal Democrat.

I seriously doubt someone assembling a team of white people with guns to try and kill a bunch people with different skin color while clutching his bible would be a democrat. Just sayin'. ;)

Link?
Members of Congress get the same pension as any other Civil Servant. You are correct, I miscalculated her pension.

Those in Civil Service Retirement would get 2 percent for every year served, but since Collins came in after 1983, she would only get 1 percent plus Social Security.

So her Gold Plated Pension would pay $43k per year plus Social Security plus whatever she contributed to Thrift Savings (401k)

How was 2018?

View attachment 343308

Custer was an idiot, who severely underestimated his opponent. In today's world, he would be a racist liberal Democrat.

How would the Indians vote?

The Kentucky Senate race between Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his likely Democratic opponent Amy McGrath is shaping up to be one of the tightest, most contentious and expensive contests of the 2020 election cycle.

Polls have shown the race to be incredibly close, with the candidates either being tied or separated by single digits.

This. Along with Mitch, I wouldn't automatically put Lindsey Graham's seat in the win column either. He is also becoming unpopular in his own state. On the other hand, a race that I thought might be competitive (John Cornyn's seat) doesn't look like it will be unless something major happens.

This. Along with Mitch, I wouldn't automatically put Lindsey Graham's seat in the win column either. He is also becoming unpopular in his own state. On the other hand, a race that I thought might be competitive (John Cornyn's seat) doesn't look like it will be unless something major happens.

Many Congressional seats will depend on Trump, the state of the economy and how we are doing with the Coronavirus.

Right now, it doesn’t look good but Republicans have five months to turn the tide.

Link?
Members of Congress get the same pension as any other Civil Servant. You are correct, I miscalculated her pension.

Those in Civil Service Retirement would get 2 percent for every year served, but since Collins came in after 1983, she would only get 1 percent plus Social Security.

So her Gold Plated Pension would pay $43k per year plus Social Security plus whatever she contributed to Thrift Savings (401k)
Link

Link?

Link
Your turn pal

Show where Collins has a “Gold Plated Pension”

Forum List

Back