Is our military as mighty as it once was?

Do I qualify for any Veteran's clubs? Been a lifetime member of the VFW since 1990. Figured out that a lifetime membership was cheaper than paying dues every year (which I had done for the previous 3), so, since I qualified, I got the lifetime membership. Still have my metal card too.

How many aircraft have I jumped out of? Well, the Navy doesn't have need for you to do that unless you're a SEAL, and I didn't qualify because of my vision. But yes, since you asked, I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane by choice. Skydiving is a lot of fun, and quite the adrenaline rush.

Have I ever been deployed to hostile fire zones? About 4 or 5 over the course of my career, and my LES's reflect that I not only drew combat pay, but also got tax free pay for being in a war zone.

How many firefights have I been in? Well, again, the Navy doesn't generally do stuff like that unless you're a SEAL, but my ship was fired on while we were off the coast of Beruit back in '83. Never saw so much frantic scurrying around trying to get the anchor up and get us out of there. Was an interesting time.

When was the last time I fired a crew served weapon? Again, the Navy doesn't do much of that. But, there was once while we were at sea that the CO allowed people to sign up to fire the 50. cal off the fantail at a target. Was one of the people chosen, and managed to hit the floating target a couple of times. Probably one of the more fun times I had with my clothes on.

BTW......................the Pagan worship services are held in a building that they share with other faiths. Sorry, but there IS a difference between Pagans and Satanists. Might wanna look them up sometime to find out the difference. Is quite a far cry from the claim you made about building a church specifically for Satanists further up the thread.

And yeah, command issued NAM's can be given for just doing your job. Getting one that is awarded outside of the command by an Admiral is quite a different thing, as only 10 percent of the NAM's allocated for a command during the year can be awarded from outside the command. All 3 of mine were awarded by Admirals. But, like I said, keep thinking what you want about me, my world will continue to spin regardless. BTW, you said you got one Army Achievement medal for setting up a fair. I'm guessing it was a command award. Ever get one from outside the command? If so, for what? And, how many Achievement medals did you receive over the course of your career?

As far as not making Chief? That was totally my fault for getting into a rating that was always CREO group C or worse. My job was usually at over 130 percent manning, because everyone wanted to work in an office. Me? I liked the office work but found it boring, which is why I volunteered for all the extra stuff I did in my career. Nonetheless, my last 2 tours were independent duty where I was filling a Chief's billet as an E-6, and being allowed to do that means you're shit hot, even if you haven't been advanced yet. They had faith in my abilities to perform at the next higher level. And, learning stuff like firefighting and Security Force training has been useful to me outside of the military. Saved a house from burning down once because of the training I'd had.
If you didn't make Chief....you have zero room to talk buddy.

FYI, I fired a 50 cal once off the fantail of the USS Bryce Canyon AD-36 when I was a HT2....and all that amounted to was somebody qualified set up a 50 cal and you pushed down on the butterfly trigger once to shoot a burst into the ocean.
It's not even remotely a weapons qualification. They never taught you anything about it.

You never manned 50 cals and MK-19 Grenade Launchers in the turret of Humvees. Had to break em down and clean em.
Basically you're talking shit about being a soldier when you've never been on a patrol or planned a mission, or done anything other than pass over or around a Hostile Fire Zone....which was considered a tax free zone. You were in the rear with the gear and I was always in the shit.

And civilian Skydiving has little to do with being military free-fall or static-line qualified. You have to attend Air Borne school at Ft Benning GA to get static-line qualified....and the military free-fall school we attended to get our HALO wings is at Ft Bragg.

And I told you they had those facilities....but you want to dance around the issue.
Called me a liar,.....asshole.
BTW, did you call the post and see if they're holding other services in the Pagan Center....or are you just bullshitting again.
The Chapels and religious centers are separate from that Pagan center. Pagan Worship is Devil Worship.

Last edited:
I fired a 50 cal once off the fantail of the USS Bryce Canyon AD-36 when I was a HT2....and all that amounted to was somebody qualified set up a 50 cal and you pushed down on the butterfly trigger once to shoot a burst into the ocean.
It's not even remotely a weapons qualification.

You never manned 50 cals and MK-19 Grenade Launchers in the turret of Humvees. Had to break em down and clean em.
Basically you're talking shit about being a soldier when you've never been on a patrol or done anything other than pass over or around a Hostile Fire Zone....which was considered a tax free zone. You were in the rear with the gear and I was always in the shit.

And civilian Skydiving has little to do with being military free-fall or static-line qualified.

You didn't ask if I was qualified, you asked if I'd ever fired one, and I told you, yes, I've fired one. If you had asked if I was qualified for a crew served weapon, I would have said no, and for the same reason I told you before, because the Navy has no call for those things. I WAS IN THE NAVY, and they didn't have call for much of that unless you were a SEAL. I also told you that I didn't qualify for SEAL's, because of my vision. Yes, I did apply and tried, but didn't even make the cut for the interview because my vision was out of quals, and could not be corrected to qualify.

Nope, never talked shit about being a soldier. Why? BECAUSE I AM A SAILOR. I would expect you to know the difference between the two, but apparently you don't. I've spoken about things that I've done, and all of them are true, but I have never claimed to do something I haven't done.

BTW...............you never answered the question about Achievement medals. You talked shit about mine, trying to imply that they were given just for having a pulse. Like I said, that is a possibility for command given awards, but the 10 percent allotment that is allowed to be given from outside the command means you really had to do something impressive for it to happen. l have 3 of them, all given by Admirals. How many do you have, and how many were given from outside the command?

The U.S. Military was generally pretty weak before WW2. What saved the U.S. and the world was the draft. Ike said he would establish a foothold in Europe if it took a million men. Is the leadership up to that kind of attitude today?

You didn't ask if I was qualified, you asked if I'd ever fired one, and I told you, yes, I've fired one. If you had asked if I was qualified for a crew served weapon, I would have said no, and for the same reason I told you before, because the Navy has no call for those things. I WAS IN THE NAVY, and they didn't have call for much of that unless you were a SEAL. I also told you that I didn't qualify for SEAL's, because of my vision. Yes, I did apply and tried, but didn't even make the cut for the interview because my vision was out of quals, and could not be corrected to qualify.

Nope, never talked shit about being a soldier. Why? BECAUSE I AM A SAILOR. I would expect you to know the difference between the two, but apparently you don't. I've spoken about things that I've done, and all of them are true, but I have never claimed to do something I haven't done.

BTW...............you never answered the question about Achievement medals. You talked shit about mine, trying to imply that they were given just for having a pulse. Like I said, that is a possibility for command given awards, but the 10 percent allotment that is allowed to be given from outside the command means you really had to do something impressive for it to happen. l have 3 of them, all given by Admirals. How many do you have, and how many were given from outside the command?
Wow....so you broke out the kneepads and got letters from Admirals. Big fucking whoop.

As I said before...Achievement Medals aren't all that special.
Look up the order of precedence. It's one step above a National Defense ribbon, which basically all you had to do was be active-duty during an armed conflict. Everyone who craps between two boots gets one. You don't have to distinguish yourself in any way.

And the God Damned point I made, and seems to have gone over your head, is you don't know jack squat about what it's like in the Air Force, Marines, or the Army....yet you profess that you're some sort of expert on every branch. Like my experience is zip because you fucking know everything.

I have a couple of Army Achievement Medals....an MSM, CIB, Army Commendation Medal, Armed Force Expeditionary Medal, SF Tab, and Air Borne Parachute Badge. Expert Weapons Qualification for M-16 and Pistol. Most of the time our CO would get all of the medals even though we always did all of the work that got them those medals. No Purple Hearts because I didn't fuck up. 4 rows of medals. You give anyone on a team an achievement medal you're just going to piss them off. They'll end up throwing it in the trash.

Last edited:
I really don't think so. The only purpose of the vaccine-mandates was to gut the military.

Antivaxxer 'tards have no place in the military, being they tend to be morons and traitors. An awesome side effect of the mandates was that it cleansed the military of such deadweight.

And absolutely nobody in the military misses those whiners. Good riddance to those pajama bois.

Antivaxxer 'tards have no place in the military, being they tend to be morons and traitors. An awesome side effect of the mandates was that it cleansed the military of such deadweight.

And absolutely nobody in the military misses those whiners. Good riddance to those pajama bois.
I think you're full of crap...and the opposite it true.
Hard to believe after the shots have proven to be worthless....you're still supporting mandates.
If the government tells you to jump off a tall building will you do that too?

The fact is....anyone who has tons of leadership experience (and was able to retire) probably used that horseshit mandate as an excuse to pop smoke and leave. So the military is left with nothing but yes men and perfumed posers.

How so?

Wow....so you broke out the kneepads and got letters from Admirals. Big fucking whoop.

As I said before...Achievement Medals aren't all that special.
Look up the order of precedence. It's one step above a National Defense ribbon, which basically all you had to do was be active-duty during an armed conflict. Everyone who craps between two boots gets one. You don't have to distinguish yourself in any way.

And the God Damned point I made, and seems to have gone over your head, is you don't know jack squat about what it's like in the Air Force, Marines, or the Army....yet you profess that you're some sort of expert on every branch. Like my experience is zip because you fucking know everything.

I have a couple of Army Achievement Medals....an MSM, CIB, Army Commendation Medal, Armed Force Expeditionary Medal, SF Tab, and Air Borne Parachute Badge. Expert Weapons Qualification for M-16 and Pistol. Most of the time our CO would get all of the medals even though we always did all of the work that got them those medals. No Purple Hearts because I didn't fuck up. 4 rows of medals. You give anyone on a team an achievement medal you're just going to piss them off. They'll end up throwing it in the trash.

Thank you for showing that you don't know much about medal precedence either. The NAM isn't "one step above a National Defense service ribbon" (which is a medal by the way, but you should have known that), it is actually a step above the Good Conduct medal.

And, yeah, you might know a thing or two, but based on some of the crap I've seen you post, you apparently don't know much, as lots of your stuff contains serious errors. Wanna talk about how you built a Satan worshipping church out of a bus station, which you later admitted to being a Pagan worship service shared in a building with other faiths? How about the fact you don't know that the National Defense award is actually a medal, and not just a ribbon (yes, there is a difference between medals and ribbons). Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal? I've got a couple of those myself, you just had to be lucky enough to be deployed to the area where they were awarded for the timeframe specified. (In your words, being an "everyone who craps between two boots" that deployed to that area). Most of the awards you listed that you have are quite easy to qualify for BTW. I've got a Sharpshooter badge, as I qualified in Security Force to earn it and keep it. So what? I paid attention to what the Gunny taught and was able to shoot straight and hit the target. As far as my achievement medals? I got them because I was probably one of the best at my job. When I was doing independent duty on an MSC vessel, my error rate for personnel and pay was less than 2.5 percent. The Navy considered it outstanding if you were at 5 percent or less, and I was half that. MSC sent other personnel types on other ships to me to learn my system and how I kept records because my error rate was so low.

As far as knowing about the other services? I know a bit about Marines, as I spent some time around them (there tend to be a lot of them on Navy bases), as well as was an Air Force brat and grew up in Great Falls MT (where Malmstrom AFB is). But, keep on with the venting and bitching, as you DO seem to be quite good at that, and it provides me a bit of entertainment when I read these boards.

Thank you for showing that you don't know much about medal precedence either. The NAM isn't "one step above a National Defense service ribbon" (which is a medal by the way, but you should have known that), it is actually a step above the Good Conduct medal.

And, yeah, you might know a thing or two, but based on some of the crap I've seen you post, you apparently don't know much, as lots of your stuff contains serious errors. Wanna talk about how you built a Satan worshipping church out of a bus station, which you later admitted to being a Pagan worship service shared in a building with other faiths? How about the fact you don't know that the National Defense award is actually a medal, and not just a ribbon (yes, there is a difference between medals and ribbons). Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal? I've got a couple of those myself, you just had to be lucky enough to be deployed to the area where they were awarded for the timeframe specified. (In your words, being an "everyone who craps between two boots" that deployed to that area). Most of the awards you listed that you have are quite easy to qualify for BTW. I've got a Sharpshooter badge, as I qualified in Security Force to earn it and keep it. So what? I paid attention to what the Gunny taught and was able to shoot straight and hit the target. As far as my achievement medals? I got them because I was probably one of the best at my job. When I was doing independent duty on an MSC vessel, my error rate for personnel and pay was less than 2.5 percent. The Navy considered it outstanding if you were at 5 percent or less, and I was half that. MSC sent other personnel types on other ships to me to learn my system and how I kept records because my error rate was so low.

As far as knowing about the other services? I know a bit about Marines, as I spent some time around them (there tend to be a lot of them on Navy bases), as well as was an Air Force brat and grew up in Great Falls MT (where Malmstrom AFB is). But, keep on with the venting and bitching, as you DO seem to be quite good at that, and it provides me a bit of entertainment when I read these boards.
I didn't say one medal from it!! YOU IGNORANT ASSHOLE!!!

The Achievement Medal holds precedence over a National Defense ribbon, but it's not far removed from it. I just didn't bother mentioning every fucking medal and ribbon that's on the list between them, you fucking twit!!! I knew the Good Conduct Medal was between them, FUCKTARD!!! I didn't have to look it up like you did to know that. The only reason I didn't mention that Navy Good Conduct Medal is because you have to actually do something to earn it.

I'm sure you know about as much about Jarheads as I did when I was in the Navy....but I bet you never did a fucking mission with any like I did in Somalia. One thing you need to learn, you little twerp, is it's one thing to see them on base and something very different to actually go out in the fucking field with them. It's also one thing to watch Rambo and say you know what being a Green Beret is like....and actually doing it for a fucking living.

My guess is the reason you're such an asshole Democrat is because you like letting Jarheads fuck you in the ass.....and everyone on your ship probably thought you were a know-it-all little smartass.....which is probably why you never made Chief Petty Officer....which is an actual accomplishment.

Last edited:
I didn't say one medal from it!! YOU IGNORANT ASSHOLE!!!

The Achievement Medal holds precedence over a National Defense ribbon, but it's not far removed from it. I just didn't bother mentioning every fucking medal and ribbon that's on the list between them, you fucking twit!!! I knew the Good Conduct Medal was between them, FUCKWAD!!! I didn't have to look it up like you did to know that.

I'm sure you know about as much about Jarheads as I did when I was in the Navy....but I bet you never did a fucking mission with any like I did in Somalia. One thing you need to learn, you little twerp, is it's one thing to see them on base and something very different to actually go out in the fucking field with them. It's also one thing to watch Rambo and say you know what being a Green Beret is like....and actually doing it for a fucking living.

There you go again, displaying your ignorance, it's National Defense Service MEDAL, not National Defense Service Ribbon. And, you might have sounded a bit like you might have known what you were talking about if you had said that the NAM is one step above Good Conduct, but you didn't, because you were too busy trying to disparage my award, while also TRYING to sound like you knew what you were talking about. I know where various ribbons (and medals) are in the ranking, because as a PN, that was part of my job to know things like that. Especially when it came to advancement time, because various awards are worth points on the exam. And, if you think that Rambo is an accurate depiction of a Green Beret, I feel sorry for you.

But, like I said, you are one of the more entertaining posters on here, because it's fun to watch you display your ignorance and then lose your shit when someone calls you out for being full of crap. Tell us all again about the Satan church you built, but later admitted that it was Pagan services that were held in a building that other faiths used. Tell us again how it's a National Defense Service ribbon, rather than a medal. Please, keep displaying your stupidity, it's kinda fun to watch.

And............you're right, you didn't say one medal away from it, you said this.....................

"As I said before...Achievement Medals aren't all that special.
Look up the order of precedence. It's one step above a National Defense ribbon, which basically all you had to do was be active-duty during an armed conflict. Everyone who craps between two boots gets one. You don't have to distinguish yourself in any way."

And no, Achievement Medals are more than "just one step above a National Defense ribbon" (which is actually a medal, I don't know how you don't know that), it is actually an award that is ONE STEP ABOVE A GOOD CONDUCT. Keep up the stupid, it looks kinda good on you.

Last edited:
There you go again, displaying your ignorance, it's National Defense Service MEDAL, not National Defense Service Ribbon. And, you might have sounded a bit like you might have known what you were talking about if you had said that the NAM is one step above Good Conduct, but you didn't, because you were too busy trying to disparage my award, while also TRYING to sound like you knew what you were talking about. I know where various ribbons (and medals) are in the ranking, because as a PN, that was part of my job to know things like that. Especially when it came to advancement time, because various awards are worth points on the exam. And, if you think that Rambo is an accurate depiction of a Green Beret, I feel sorry for you.

But, like I said, you are one of the more entertaining posters on here, because it's fun to watch you display your ignorance and then lose your shit when someone calls you out for being full of crap. Tell us all again about the Satan church you built, but later admitted that it was Pagan services that were held in a building that other faiths used. Tell us again how it's a National Defense Service ribbon, rather than a medal. Please, keep displaying your stupidity, it's kinda fun to watch.
Sorry...dipshit. I wore a Green Beret for several years. I know Rambo is horseshit. Again....you failed to see the point. Flew right over your short little head.

And yes.....a Pagan ritual celebrates Satan. They just call it Pagan and not Satan to keep people from being wrapped around the axle about it.

BTW, I noticed you didn't deny getting fucked by Marines.
That's telling..........

Last edited:
You guys said the same thing when they allowed “negroes” to integrate
Then you said the same thing when they expanded the role of women.
The difference is, neither integration was coupled with the massive purges that Fuckwad Biden instituted. Nor was there any training in gender studies or white fragility. This is very different and designed to destroy the military.

And............you're right, you didn't say one medal away from it, you said this.....................

"As I said before...Achievement Medals aren't all that special.
Look up the order of precedence. It's one step above a National Defense ribbon, which basically all you had to do was be active-duty during an armed conflict. Everyone who craps between two boots gets one. You don't have to distinguish yourself in any way."

And no, Achievement Medals are more than "just one step above a National Defense ribbon" (which is actually a medal, I don't know how you don't know that), it is actually an award that is ONE STEP ABOVE A GOOD CONDUCT. Keep up the stupid, it looks kinda good on you.
Note the difference between one medal and one step.
One needs to understand the context and understand the English language to understand what I meant.
And National Defense does have a ribbon form.
Do you always wear your medals on your dress whites, or do you wear your ribbons?

Come on......let's hear it.

And achievement medals aren't right up there with the Silver Star or the CMA, Mkay!!!

Achievement medals are usually earned if you folded your uniform properly for inspection.

Also....you mentioned how much of a firefighter you were.....but I was a qualified Scene Leader and was a Fire Marshal on the USS Kitty Hawk. Just how extensive was your actual firefighting experience?

Last edited:
Sorry...dipshit. I wore a Green Beret for several years. I know Rambo is horseshit. Again....you failed to see the point. Flew right over your short little head.

And yes.....a Pagan ritual celebrates Satan. They just call it Pagan and not Satan to keep people from being wrapped around the axle about it.

BTW, I noticed you didn't deny getting fucked by Marines.
That's telling..........

Really? You wore a Green Beret for several years, yet you don't know that National Defense award is a medal and not a ribbon? I thought Green Berets were smart, guess you're the exception to the rule.

Pagans don't celebrate Satan as you said, they actually revere and worship nature. Where you get Satan out of Pagan worship is beyond me, but look it up sometime if you're interested in not appearing to be such an idiot, you might learn something.

As far as denying getting fucked by Marines? You never asked that question. Have I ever been fucked by a Marine? Actually, yes, she was a sweet looking little gal with a really nice tattoo of a Bird of Paradise that went up the outside of her left thigh, from her knee to her hip. Guess you didn't know that the Marines have had women in their ranks for a while.

OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! You were trying to imply that I was homosexual. Sorry to disappoint, but I've been hetero all my life. I've also had sex with Air Force ladies as well. Never bedded an Army chick though, never spent enough time around Army personnel to meet a woman that I liked.

Germany couldn't sustain the same losses that the U.S. was willing to sacrifice in the breakout at Normandy. The draftees went home after WW2 and Truman responded to another crisis in Korea. The draft sent ill-equipped relatively poorly trained Troops to Korea. We lost anywhere from 35,000 to 50,000 Troops in three years and ended up where we started. Historians called it the "Forgotten War". LBJ thought he had a better idea and we lost about 50,000 Americans in Vietnam. If the pop culture generation thinks big guns and super planes and drones and technology is the secret to winning a war they need to check their draft status.

Pathetic!

1659839777132.png

One needs to understand the context and understand the English language to understand what I meant.
Do you always wear your medals on your dress whites, or do you wear your ribbons?

And achievement medals aren't right up there with the Silver Star or the CMA, Mkay!!!

Achievement medals are usually earned it you folded your uniform properly for inspection.

Also....you mentioned how much of a firefighter you were.....but I was a qualified Scene Leader and was a Fire Marshal on the USS Kitty Hawk. Just how extensive was your actual firefighting experience?

I thought all naval personnel were trained as firefighters since World War Two? And it is not "CMA" (Congressional Medal of Honor) anyway isn't it? But simply "Medal of Honor"

Achievement medals are usually earned it you folded your uniform properly for inspection.

Also....you mentioned how much of a firefighter you were.....but I was a qualified Scene Leader and was Fire Marshal on the USS Kitty Hawk. Just how extensive was your actual firefighting experience?

Do I wear my medals or my ribbons on my dress whites? Depends on what the reason was that I had to wear dress whites. Sometimes it was medals (and ribbons, medals go on one side, awards with ribbons only go on the other side). Same goes for dress blues. If we were told dress whites, then it was ribbons only, if we were told full dress whites, then it was ribbons and medals. By the way, ALL medals have a ribbon form (even that highest award, the CMH, which is a very noticeable ribbon as it is all blue with little white stars), but the proper name for the National Defense award is the National Defense Service MEDAL, not National Defense Service ribbon as you keep mistakenly referring to it.

BTW.................what award is the CMA? Are you referring to the CMH, which is the Congressional Medal of Honor? I've never heard of a CMA, except for the Country Music Awards.

As far as firefighting? Was a member of both the at sea and inport fire parties, and qualified as Scene Leader for both. As far as Fire Marshal, I thought that was a billet for commissioned officers only.

Really? You wore a Green Beret for several years, yet you don't know that National Defense award is a medal and not a ribbon? I thought Green Berets were smart, guess you're the exception to the rule.

Pagans don't celebrate Satan as you said, they actually revere and worship nature. Where you get Satan out of Pagan worship is beyond me, but look it up sometime if you're interested in not appearing to be such an idiot, you might learn something.

As far as denying getting fucked by Marines? You never asked that question. Have I ever been fucked by a Marine? Actually, yes, she was a sweet looking little gal with a really nice tattoo of a Bird of Paradise that went up the outside of her left thigh, from her knee to her hip. Guess you didn't know that the Marines have had women in their ranks for a while.

OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! You were trying to imply that I was homosexual. Sorry to disappoint, but I've been hetero all my life. I've also had sex with Air Force ladies as well. Never bedded an Army chick though, never spent enough time around Army personnel to meet a woman that I liked.
Far as I know the only people who are veterans who vote Democrat are either black, female, or gay....so you can't really fault me for thinking you're one of the above. And I seriously doubt any female marine would have anything to do you with your punk-ass.

I never said I didn't know that the National Defense ribbon had a medal. I didn't think it was that important.
The award actually calls it a ribbon. Nobody bothers to award it to you so most people don't even take the time to buy the medal. National Defense Service Medal Ribbon

And to wear a Green Beret you have to have won the Special Forces Tab. I don't remember them asking me if the NDM was a ribbon or a medal. Course I graduated August of 90' and that was a long time ago....and my memory sometimes fails me....especially when it comes to superfluous bullshit. Maybe you could call JFKSWCS at Ft Bragg and suggest it to them. I'm sure they'd get a kick out of your stupidity.

Forum List

Back