Is our military as mighty as it once was?

I haven't been in the Navy since 79'....and we had to stop doing UNREPs during the day because the Russians kept trying to figure out how we were doing it.
They Chinese always learn how to do things by copying or reverse-engineering everything.

You know, I really don't think that China has the ability to completely resupply a carrier in 8 hours or less (like the U.S. Navy can, and has done for many decades). Yeah, China has 3 carriers, but how long can they really keep one of those diesel powered things out at sea? US carriers can stay out as long as is needed. Around the mid 90's, the US Navy transferred its UNREP fleet to MSC hands, and now civilians do the brunt of the work, but they are still professional, and do things pretty much the way the Navy wrote the book on them. I know, because my first ship was the USS CONCORD (AFS-5) back in the early 80's when it was still a Navy ship. My last sea tour was on the USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) in the late 90's after it had shifted to MSC hands. (Yeah, I know, that was one of the cooler things I was able to experience during my career.)

How much combat experience do they have?
WTF knows. But our pilots have a habit of relying on missiles instead of real dog-fighting. Most Chinese pilots have been doing their jobs twice as long as our pilots.
Besides...my training was often harder than actual combat. The trick is not to panic and remember what you learned in training. What usually separated us from everyone else was our technology. The Chinese and Russians have developed ultra-sonic missiles and have surpassed us in many respects.
Another couple years of Biden in the White House and figure all of the warriors will be gone due to vaccine-mandates and the military will be filled with faggots and Beta Boys that cry at the drop of a hat.

Comparing us vs the rest of the major powers....do we still have the lead in "mighty"? Some years back, yes. I'd believe so. Now? Not so sure. What are your thoughts?

My answer is a qualified yes. Meaning it depends, lol. I think China is probably closer to us than any other country militarily, but our senior military and civilian leadership absolutely sucks. No doubt that is probably also true of China too, and it depends on where the war is. I think we are unmatched in the ability to conduct a war anywhere in the world, and nobody else can do that. China would be very strong in their neck of the woods (Far East Asia and Western Pacific), but I doubt they have the ability to project a lot of force outside their region, and I'm talking about a full-scale war here. I don't know that our own ability to project force elsewhere is as strong as it once was either, but we are still stronger than anybody else IMHO.

My answer is a qualified yes. Meaning it depends, lol. I think China is probably closer to us than any other country militarily, but our senior military and civilian leadership absolutely sucks. No doubt that is probably also true of China too, and it depends on where the war is. I think we are unmatched in the ability to conduct a war anywhere in the world, and nobody else can do that. China would be very strong in their neck of the woods (Far East Asia and Western Pacific), but I doubt they have the ability to project a lot of force outside their region, and I'm talking about a full-scale war here. I don't know that our own ability to project force elsewhere is as strong as it once was either, but we are still stronger than anybody else IMHO.
I really don't think so. The only purpose of the vaccine-mandates was to gut the military.
They knew before they were mandated that they didn't work. They were just using them to destroy our military and hollow it out.

Historically speaking. Our military has rarely been mighty. Our traditional military structure has been a small standing army (compared to other nations) augmented by militia units and volunteers. This structure stayed in place until the First World War.

At the start of the Second World War, our military was grossly under-strength and ill-equipped (again, compared to most of the major nations).

The Second World War saw us build a military the likes of which has never been seen before on Earth. Vast in number and equipped with the latest technical advances in warfare. Unfortunately, that mighty military has never been exceptionally effective since the end of The Second World War.

We continue to spend a large portion of our national treasure in maintaining a military manned and equipped to fight a global conflict despite the lack of one for over 70 years.

I

Our Military is more powerful than the next 11 nations combined

View attachment 678493

We spend 41 cents of every military dollar spent on earth
Military spending doesn't always mean you're bigger and better.
It depends on what you spend it on.
If you spend alot of it on buildings and gender studies then you're not going to improve your readiness.

China hasn't actually fought since they invaded Vietnam, which sent them retreating. They're a paper tiger.

Leadership? The military really likes it if a president is more loyal to the USA than to Russia, which is why the military really dislikes Trump and pals.
Good Lord, General Milley our top General pledged his loyalty to Xi Jinping! Wake up. Have you seen the mighty Russian military taking a beating from Ukrainian citizens?

I know that in the U.S. Navy, a person is not promoted for "diversity". Every 6 months, the Navy gives a Navy Wide Advancement Examination for each job that we have, and a person is promoted based on 1) evaluation marks and individual awards earned 2) length of service and service in paygrade, and 3) how well they score on the Navy Wide Advancement Exam. Diversity doesn't factor into it.

You don't know jackshit. Did those shitheads that crashed those navy ships recently pass all their examinations? The Navy has always been the service of choice for homosexuals so maybe nothing has really changed. A service mostly of mechanics, clerks and button pushers when they are not cleaning latrines and swabbing the decks or whatever the fuck they do.

Potatohead has changed the military. Just look at the Army recruiting ads they have now. Trying get Illegals, Negros and Queers in, you know for the sake of diversity. Purging the military of White Patriots. Doing diversity and CRT instead of training to kill the enemy.

The military is behind tens of thousands of recruits because they discourage the backbone of the American military, White Southern and Midwest Patriot males. They want the goddamn Negroes, unqualified women and queers.

I really don't think so. The only purpose of the vaccine-mandates was to gut the military.
They knew before they were mandated that they didn't work. They were just using them to destroy our military and hollow it out.

I think the only purpose behind the vaccine mandates was political, to help Biden and the democrats with their agenda. Not so sure they want to destroy our military, they just want to spend much of the defense appropriations somewhere else and they really don't care about our military capabilities.

I think the only purpose behind the vaccine mandates was political, to help Biden and the democrats with their agenda. Not so sure they want to destroy our military, they just want to spend much of the defense appropriations somewhere else and they really don't care about our military capabilities.
Aide and comfort to the enemy. Better known as treason.
The main reason it progressed in that way is because Biden's commies knew that Trump supporters in the military wouldn't want to put that poison in their bodies.
Historically 70% of the military votes for the GOP.
They were hoping to change that.

China pushes their children to learn learn learn and they go to school 24/7/365. They also are extremely good at inventions, military strength improvements, and soldiers so loyal they will off themselves to take out a few americans. Or a lot of americans. They have the gumption, orneriness, loyalty to their country that we are now lacking. The only ones still patriotic, in my opinion, are the veterans and the ones that were discharged or quit due to a poison jab.

So are we still feared by the world as a mighty nation of soldiers capable of defending the USA? I think the world now sees us as a huge joke and there is no fear at all any more.

Daddy always told me when I was a kid "don't fret about Russia. It's the chinese that are the real danger".

He was right.

We did have the most powerful military that the world had ever seen. Then the purges started. The mandatory vaccine got rid of tens of thousands. Those suspected of white rage got rid of many many more. Anyone not embracing trans and gay went out. Then the changes in training. Physical fitness is too hard. It went. No more war college or team work training. Critical race theory and gender identity are more important than shooting. The military is now taught social emotional learning.

We did have the most powerful military the world had ever seen. So did Rome, until it didn't any more.

Here it is why our Military is not as it once was.

“Our Military has Become a Ruthless, Toxic Mélange of Spineless, Gas-Lighting Leadership” – Wife of US Hero and Warrior Speaks Out after He Is Ruined by His Immediate Military Leadership​

China pushes their children to learn learn learn and they go to school 24/7/365. They also are extremely good at inventions, military strength improvements, and soldiers so loyal they will off themselves to take out a few americans. Or a lot of americans. They have the gumption, orneriness, loyalty to their country that we are now lacking. The only ones still patriotic, in my opinion, are the veterans and the ones that were discharged or quit due to a poison jab.

So are we still feared by the world as a mighty nation of soldiers capable of defending the USA? I think the world now sees us as a huge joke and there is no fear at all any more.

Daddy always told me when I was a kid "don't fret about Russia. It's the chinese that are the real danger".

He was right.
I'm not an expert on the PLA, but from what I know, nothing you said is correct. The modern PLA soldier is a pampered prince nothing like the battle hardened troops o the Korean War. The Chinese are not innovators, they are thieves and copiers.

In terms of leadership we are in serious trouble. It's kind of like having a race car and giving the keys to Joe Biden.

Hey, what the hey. :th_waiting:

JoeCar1.jpg

Forum List

Back