Is our military as mighty as it once was?

In terms of the weapons systems, there is probably little difference now between us and China. In terms of leadership we are in serious trouble. It's kind of like having a race car and giving the keys to Joe Biden.
China hasn't actually fought since they invaded Vietnam, which sent them retreating. They're a paper tiger.

Leadership? The military really likes it if a president is more loyal to the USA than to Russia, which is why the military really dislikes Trump and pals.

China hasn't actually fought since they invaded Vietnam, which sent them retreating. They're a paper tiger.

Leadership? The military really likes it if a president is more loyal to the USA than to Russia, which is why the military really dislikes Trump and pals.
The primary thing holding the Chinese back is their mobility.
They are slowly changing that by building aircraft carriers.

Comparing us vs the rest of the major powers....do we still have the lead in "mighty"? Some years back, yes. I'd believe so. Now? Not so sure. What are your thoughts?
Our Military is more powerful than the next 11 nations combined

1659749948394.png

We spend 41 cents of every military dollar spent on earth

Last edited:
Well, China has 3 carriers, one of which they just now put in commission. The US has 11, of which they have had for a while. The US knows how to run carrier operations quite well, as we've had many years of practice to learn and improve our skills. China is just now getting started, meaning they have very little experience.

The US has nuclear powered carriers, as well as other ships that are nuclear powered. China has diesel powered ships. Diesel cannot run as long or as far as nuclear powered, and the US also has the ability (as well as the experience) of at sea replenishment, much more than China does.

The US also has better tech (although other nations are working on catching up to us), but we still have the edge there as well.

Yep, the US is still the top dog when it comes to military.

Queers, Transsexuals and affirmative action dumbasses promoted for stupid sake of diversity.

What could possibly go wrong?

I know that in the U.S. Navy, a person is not promoted for "diversity". Every 6 months, the Navy gives a Navy Wide Advancement Examination for each job that we have, and a person is promoted based on 1) evaluation marks and individual awards earned 2) length of service and service in paygrade, and 3) how well they score on the Navy Wide Advancement Exam. Diversity doesn't factor into it.

The primary thing holding the Chinese back is their mobility.
They are slowly changing that by building aircraft carriers.
The primary mission of the Chinese military is to keep 1.5 billion people in check.

The US military keeps stability around the globe

Well, China has 3 carriers, one of which they just now put in commission. The US has 11, of which they have had for a while. The US knows how to run carrier operations quite well, as we've had many years of practice to learn and improve our skills. China is just now getting started, meaning they have very little experience.

The US has nuclear powered carriers, as well as other ships that are nuclear powered. China has diesel powered ships. Diesel cannot run as long or as far as nuclear powered, and the US also has the ability (as well as the experience) of at sea replenishment, much more than China does.

The US also has better tech (although other nations are working on catching up to us), but we still have the edge there as well.

Yep, the US is still the top dog when it comes to military.

Beyond just the number of Carriers is maintaining a Carrier Task Force which is a complex mission

China lacks the ships and expertise to deploy Carriers around the globe

The primary mission of the Chinese military is to keep 1.5 billion people in check.

The US military keeps stability around the globe
I've seen the difference between America pilots and Chinese pilots.
Most American pilots retire and become airline pilots by the time they're 30.
The Chinese pilots are much better at dogfights and actually can hit the broad side of a barn with their guns.
China is an extremely formidable enemy. We discovered that during the Korean War.

Beyond just the number of Carriers is maintaining a Carrier Task Force which is a complex mission

China lacks the ships and expertise to deploy Carriers around the globe

Yep, and UNREP (for you non Navy types, that means Underway Replenishment, where a cargo ship meets another vessel out at sea and resupplies them) figures prominently into that, and the US Navy is the best there is when it comes to that, even if civilian MSC vessels now carry the brunt of doing the job, the procedures and how to do it safely were written by the U.S. Navy.

Comparing us vs the rest of the major powers....do we still have the lead in "mighty"? Some years back, yes. I'd believe so. Now? Not so sure. What are your thoughts?
No. The commies have filled our ranks with anti-nationalists, and faggots, and sexually confused retards.

The Chinese pilots are much better at dogfights and actually can hit the broad side of a barn with their guns.
China is an extremely formidable enemy. We discovered that during the Korean War.
How much combat experience do they have?

I guess you forgot that the Korean and Viet Nam wars were why Top Gun was invented. The US currently has the best fighter pilots. And even if China figures out how to operate a carrier, they still have to get their pilots trained to land on what looks like a postage stamp from 3 miles out, coming in at 150 mph.

Yep, and UNREP (for you non Navy types, that means Underway Replenishment, where a cargo ship meets another vessel out at sea and resupplies them) figures prominently into that, and the US Navy is the best there is when it comes to that, even if civilian MSC vessels now carry the brunt of doing the job, the procedures and how to do it safely were written by the U.S. Navy.
I haven't been in the Navy since 79'....and we had to stop doing UNREPs during the day because the Russians kept trying to figure out how we were doing it.
The Chinese always learn how to do things by copying or reverse-engineering everything.

Last edited:
I guess you forgot that the Korean and Viet Nam wars were why Top Gun was invented. The US currently has the best fighter pilots. And even if China figures out how to operate a carrier, they still have to get their pilots trained to land on what looks like a postage stamp from 3 miles out, coming in at 150 mph.
None of that shit means squat without the political will to engage. And since the Dem/Left are bought and paid for… It won’t amount to shit. If it did; we’d have already “sent a message” when they threatened to shoot down Pelosis plane. A move which by the way shows we cannot trust China. They made a promise… Fuckng liars..’

lol

‘Once was’ when?

Prior to the Civil War, First World War, or the Second World War?

Our military is certainly better off now no longer mired in Bush’s failed, illegal war in Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back