Is our military as mighty as it once was?

Russia has one carrier, the Admiral Kuznetzov. They should turn it into a ski jump (it is, actually)
Always docked for repair. A real POS and some say it's cursed.

Anyone who doubts the US military's capability/superiority is a fool.

The Russians did not throw the resources into maintaining the Kuznetzo for more than a decade.

The Russians did not throw the resources into maintaining the Kuznetzo for more than a decade.
I think that applies to much of their military equipment

Their Ukraine invasion ground to a halt because equipment kept breaking down

I'd argue 2 decades plus. Even when it was in service, the only thing it proved capable of was tossing SU-33's off the deck. Never went anywhere without it's tugboats because more likely than not, it would need to be towed back to port.

Been in the yard since 2008, and the man in charge of the yard was charged with embezzlement, so there's that. Many of the repairs have to be done again, and the supposed return to service is delayed another 2 years...

I think that applies to much of their military equipment

Their Ukraine invasion ground to a halt because equipment kept breaking down
In all fairness, going back to the days of the Soviet Union, the Russians have NEVER believed in a "long war". In essence, they believe that if a war is likely to last more than two weeks it isn't worth fighting in the first place. This explains a great deal about their preparations to fight NATO.

Not for nothing, but you said that the last time you were active duty Navy was back in 1979. That is a long time ago dude, and there have been MANY changes over the years. I joined in 1982, and retired in 2002, and just over those 20 years, I saw many changes. Some were even changed to one thing, and then changed back because the Navy saw they didn't work. So, I'm a little curious as to how much you really know about what happens to people on active duty.

Again, the last time you were active duty, you said it was back in 1979. And, while you might have been lucky enough to land a job consulting with the military in some way, chances are, that as a civilian contractor, you never went to most of the training that active duty participates in. Especially stuff like Navy Rights and Responsibilities (1 week of training held every year), or the Leadership courses (again, 1 or 2 week courses that a person had to attend when they were advanced to the next higher rank) where they might talk a little bit about what you say are the policy changes.

I know that I haven't been active duty since 2002, and there are a VAST amount of changes that have happened, and I can't keep up with all of them because I don't live in that culture any longer. One of the things that I thought was a major change which would never happen was the phasing out of certain rates and the large change to my own. PN's no longer exist, as they are now PS's, and their job is now a combination of DK, YN, and PN. I think that DK's and YN's have been phased out, but a large part of the reason that happened was because of all the computer programs that have been created to make life a bit easier on the troops. What policy changes are you specifically talking about?
The last time I was active-duty was 1994....when I retired.
I got out of the Navy in 79'....went to college and joined the Army in the 80s.
I also spent the last 20 years working for the Dept of The Army as a civilian......so I'm still up on what's current....like the changes in berthing.
The Army used to have open-bay barracks....but that's something that's gone out the window and has been replaced with cubicles with two soldiers having their own bedroom and a shared bathroom and kitchen. The HVAC systems used to be mostly Fancoils with a Chillwater system....but many of the barracks have individual heatpumps now.

They used to build their barracks to last 50 yrs or more...but have opted to save money by building them with materials that don't last as long as concrete. These facilities need to be climate controlled and can't be neglected without causing massive damage to them. A building back in the 60s or 70s could go without AC for long periods....but these buildings have drywall which will mold and mildew in the South East.

I started noticing changes 3 years ago. We actually built a church to worship Satan right before I retired from Civil Service. I can imagine how much more fucked up everything has become since they started putting everyone out because of the vaccine-mandates.

Oh...and we had to keep up on all of the classes online to stay current in the system. It was a pain in the ass, but in order to keep your I.D. card current, and be able to log in your work hours every day...you had to have all of the classes completed. That doesn't include all of the safety classes I had to attend as safety officer for my shop. Online classes include classes on proper OPSEC, spotting terrorists, sexual-harassment.....just about every subject you can imagine.

So since I shoved your bullshit back in your face again...I expect you to ghost this conversation as usual, fucking dumb-ass.

Links

Last edited:
I always hated tattoos. Women should not have them at all. Men should only have them as long as it makes them appear uglier or more menacing.

The last time I was active-duty was 1994....when I retired.
I got out of the Navy in 79'....went to college and joined the Army in the 80s.
I also spent the last 20 years working for the Dept of The Army as a civilian......so I'm still up on what's current....like the changes in berthing.
The Army used to have open-bay barracks....but that's something that's gone out the window and has been replaced with cubicles with two soldiers having their own bedroom and a shared bathroom and kitchen. The HVAC systems used to be mostly Fancoils with a Chillwater system....but many of the barracks have individual heatpumps now.

They used to build their barracks to last 50 yrs or more...but have opted to save money by building them with materials that don't last as long as concrete. These facilities need to be climate controlled and can't be neglected without causing massive damage to them. A building back in the 60s or 70s could go without AC for long periods....but these buildings have drywall which will mold and mildew in the South East.

I started noticing changes 3 years ago. We actually built a church to worship Satan right before I retired from Civil Service. I can imagine how much more fucked up everything has become since they started putting everyone out because of the vaccine-mandates.

Oh...and we had to keep up on all of the classes online to stay current in the system. It was a pain in the ass, but in order to keep your I.D. card current, and be able to log in your work hours every day...you had to have all of the classes completed. That doesn't include all of the safety classes I had to attend as safety officer for my shop. Online classes include classes on proper OPSEC, spotting terrorists, sexual-harassment.....just about every subject you can imagine.

So since I shoved your bullshit back in your face again...I expect you to ghost this conversation as usual, fucking dumb-ass.

Links

So, you're up to date for what the berthing requirements are. Probably because you are a contractor for the military, or maybe you have some other job that requires knowledge of berthing requirements? So what? You posted links that anyone who pays attention to military news already knows. However, how many LMET (Leadership Management Education and Training) courses were you required to attend? I'm guessing none, because not only did I never see a civilian in class when I had to go, but I've never heard of them having to attend. Yes, civilians need to know about certain things when it comes to how they deal with people in the military (sexual harassment, etc), but it's very basic stuff, and things they generally teach in any large company, even if it's not associated with the military.

I call bullshit on a church for Satan being built on a base. When it came to church services, different faiths shared a building, or, if they didn't have enough members to warrant a building for their gathering, they were given a room somewhere. If you did build one, then you should have no problem providing a link that it actually exists and what base it is on. All I can find online concerning the Satanists and Wiccans is that they are recognized, and service Chaplains are given a bit of training on what they are. Never heard of a Satanist group in the military having a church built specifically for them.

Personally, I think you're a blowhard who is trying to convince others that you know and do more than you actually do.

So, you're up to date for what the berthing requirements are. Probably because you are a contractor for the military, or maybe you have some other job that requires knowledge of berthing requirements? So what? You posted links that anyone who pays attention to military news already knows. However, how many LMET (Leadership Management Education and Training) courses were you required to attend? I'm guessing none, because not only did I never see a civilian in class when I had to go, but I've never heard of them having to attend. Yes, civilians need to know about certain things when it comes to how they deal with people in the military (sexual harassment, etc), but it's very basic stuff, and things they generally teach in any large company, even if it's not associated with the military.

I call bullshit on a church for Satan being built on a base. When it came to church services, different faiths shared a building, or, if they didn't have enough members to warrant a building for their gathering, they were given a room somewhere. If you did build one, then you should have no problem providing a link that it actually exists and what base it is on. All I can find online concerning the Satanists and Wiccans is that they are recognized, and service Chaplains are given a bit of training on what they are. Never heard of a Satanist group in the military having a church built specifically for them.

Personally, I think you're a blowhard who is trying to convince others that you know and do more than you actually do.
Well now you have. The carpenter shop, electrical shop, plumbers, and sheetmetal shop (which was me) remodeled the old bus station on Ft Campbell and turned it into a Devil worshipping center. We asked WTF for....and the shop sup said don't ask. The religious centers could hold services in several religions....but they didn't want Devil worship going on there.

When it comes to leadership training, the Navy has different acronyms than the Army......but I've been to my share of leadership classes while active-duty and civilian. We had a town hall meeting with the post commander about every month. He liked to keep us up to date on deployments and new construction.
As safety officer I had to attend meetings with the post commander and/or his civilian counter part every month.
And to keep myself current on in-shop computer systems they had on Ft Campbell you have to take classes about anything and everything the Army could dream up.

My time as active-duty I spent deployed or re-certifying....so I wasn't in the loop like I was when I was a civilian. So basically...I was up on the workings of the post more as a civilian than I ever was while on active-duty.

I did a variety of jobs in government service. And because you're basically a one-trick pony you can't believe it, or are just plain jealous. Personally I'd love to meet you personally and see what kind of little shit you really are....because from what I gather....you're about 5 foot nothing and 150 lbs dripping wet.....what we called on the teams a Pajama Boy.

We do spend far too much money propping up the entire world
We are the worlds policeman. We can’t find money for healthcare, education and modern infrastructure but we always find the money to engage in conflicts on the other side of the world

A case of priorities
Someone has to be the superpower. The US has been the most benign one in history. Would you rather live on a planet dominated by Russia or China?

It's not so much that we aren't powerful... Its that we're asleep at the wheel because people have become too confident with their empire. The Romans made the same mistake, and started hanging out in their little tattooed, pierced orgy clubs, drinking their elixirs and celebrating their invented gods. It doesn't matter if you have the most sophisticated UFO technology the world has ever seen. If you're asleep at the wheel or sitting there masturbating to yourself when things are actually worse than you think, you're at a serious disadvantage.

Well now you have. The carpenter shop, electrical shop, plumbers, and sheetmetal shop (which was me) remodeled the old bus station on Ft Campbell and turned it into a Devil worshipping center. We asked WTF for....and the shop sup said don't ask. The religious centers could hold services in several religions....but they didn't want Devil worship going on there.

When it comes to leadership training, the Navy has different acronyms than the Army......but I've been to my share of leadership classes while active-duty and civilian. We had a town hall meeting with the post commander about every month. He liked to keep us up to date on deployments and new construction.
As safety officer I had to attend meetings with the post commander and/or his civilian counter part every month.
And to keep myself current on in-shop computer systems they had on Ft Campbell you have to take classes about anything and everything the Army could dream up.

My time as active-duty I spent deployed or re-certifying....so I wasn't in the loop like I was when I was a civilian. So basically...I was up on the workings of the post more as a civilian than I ever was while on active-duty.

I did a variety of jobs in government service. And because you're basically a one-trick pony you can't believe it, or are just plain jealous. Personally I'd love to meet you personally and see what kind of little shit you really are....because from what I gather....you're about 5 foot nothing and 150 lbs dripping wet.....what we called on the teams a Pajama Boy.

So...............no link about a Satanic church on a military base, just you saying that you and a couple of other shops remodeled a bus station. I don't trust you to tell the truth on much, and on this, I don't trust you at all. I can't find a single thing that says there is a full fledged Satan church anywhere in the military, so put up or be known for telling some serious sea stories.

One trick pony? Believe that if you want, but my 214, as well as my service record say different. I never did the NAVY (Never Again Volunteer Yourself) thing, as I was interested in any and every qualification I could get. Served on a surface ship (USS CONCORD (AFS-5)), a cargo ship my first tour, then was at NATTC Millington TN when it was the training base for damn near every aviation rate in the Navy before it was moved to Pensacola. From there moved to a squadron (VFA-131), where we deployed on the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER and USS GEORGE WASHINGTON where I volunteered and was accepted for the PRP program because I wanted to get as close to the jets as I could. Then went on to NAVSTA Newport RI, where in addition to being a DAPA and a PRT coordinator, I was also a member of the Security Force. Was nice to do something other than push paper. Did so good there that my next tour was independent duty onboard the USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) (my very first ship that had converted over to MSC), where I was an E-6 filling an E-7 billet. One of the very few 1st Class PN's that was allowed to handle and process Navy Wide Advancement Exams for both the ship and the AIRDET. Had to get special permission from BUPERS to do so, as they only allowed Chiefs and above to handle them. And, because I did so good there, my final tour was at MEPS Amarillo (another independent duty E-7 billet that I filled as an E-6) where I was in charge of the Navy office. My boss was all the way down in San Antonio. Also had positional authority over recruiters, which really pissed off a Senior Chief on occasion, because I made him do things by the book, rather than skate by like he'd done with my predecessor. You wanna meet me personally? Not a problem, whenever you get close to Columbia SC, send me a PM and where you wanna meet. Doesn't bother me to meet new people, even if previous dealings with them weren't the best, because they might teach me something, or verify something I already know. Used to be only 135 and 5'7", but now have gotten older, so I'm around 155 right now. Gotta get rid of the spare tire I have and get back to my cycling weight because I don't like being fat. I was anything but the conventional paper pusher because I volunteered for every new thing I could, as I wanted to get as much out of being in the Navy as I could. 3 Navy Achievement medals, as well as lots of Letters of Commendation from several Admirals as well as the normal Captain and Commander LOC's. Throw all the insults you want, but if you met me in person, I've got the proof to back up what I tell you and can show you if you needed to see it.

My personal life away from the military is almost as storied, as I've been a bicycle racer of some note, been to Sturgis several times on a Harley I rode there from Amarillo, as well as have done other things that lots of people think is really cool. Think what you want about me, it doesn't matter, because I know who I am and am proud of the life I've lived so far.

I still call bullshit on you building a Satanic church on a military base though. Link to prove it, or it's just more bullshit you like to spew, hoping somehow it proves your point.

Someone has to be the superpower. The US has been the most benign one in history. Would you rather live on a planet dominated by Russia or China?

We could allow the EU to have more influence in their hemisphere and Japan/S Korea to have more influence in the Pacific

It would allow us to put more emphasis on Healthcare, Education, power grid and modern infrastructure in our own country

So...............no link about a Satanic church on a military base, just you saying that you and a couple of other shops remodeled a bus station. I don't trust you to tell the truth on much, and on this, I don't trust you at all. I can't find a single thing that says there is a full fledged Satan church anywhere in the military, so put up or be known for telling some serious sea stories.

One trick pony? Believe that if you want, but my 214, as well as my service record say different. I never did the NAVY (Never Again Volunteer Yourself) thing, as I was interested in any and every qualification I could get. Served on a surface ship (USS CONCORD (AFS-5)), a cargo ship my first tour, then was at NATTC Millington TN when it was the training base for damn near every aviation rate in the Navy before it was moved to Pensacola. From there moved to a squadron (VFA-131), where we deployed on the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER and USS GEORGE WASHINGTON where I volunteered and was accepted for the PRP program because I wanted to get as close to the jets as I could. Then went on to NAVSTA Newport RI, where in addition to being a DAPA and a PRT coordinator, I was also a member of the Security Force. Was nice to do something other than push paper. Did so good there that my next tour was independent duty onboard the USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) (my very first ship that had converted over to MSC), where I was an E-6 filling an E-7 billet. One of the very few 1st Class PN's that was allowed to handle and process Navy Wide Advancement Exams for both the ship and the AIRDET. Had to get special permission from BUPERS to do so, as they only allowed Chiefs and above to handle them. And, because I did so good there, my final tour was at MEPS Amarillo (another independent duty E-7 billet that I filled as an E-6) where I was in charge of the Navy office. My boss was all the way down in San Antonio. Also had positional authority over recruiters, which really pissed off a Senior Chief on occasion, because I made him do things by the book, rather than skate by like he'd done with my predecessor. You wanna meet me personally? Not a problem, whenever you get close to Columbia SC, send me a PM and where you wanna meet. Doesn't bother me to meet new people, even if previous dealings with them weren't the best, because they might teach me something, or verify something I already know. Used to be only 135 and 5'7", but now have gotten older, so I'm around 155 right now. Gotta get rid of the spare tire I have and get back to my cycling weight because I don't like being fat. I was anything but the conventional paper pusher because I volunteered for every new thing I could, as I wanted to get as much out of being in the Navy as I could. 3 Navy Achievement medals, as well as lots of Letters of Commendation from several Admirals as well as the normal Captain and Commander LOC's. Throw all the insults you want, but if you met me in person, I've got the proof to back up what I tell you and can show you if you needed to see it.

My personal life away from the military is almost as storied, as I've been a bicycle racer of some note, been to Sturgis several times on a Harley I rode there from Amarillo, as well as have done other things that lots of people think is really cool. Think what you want about me, it doesn't matter, because I know who I am and am proud of the life I've lived so far.

I still call bullshit on you building a Satanic church on a military base though. Link to prove it, or it's just more bullshit you like to spew, hoping somehow it proves your point.
Your record isn't what I would call impressive.
You never even made it to Chief Petty Officer, am I correct?

3 Navy Acheesement Medals?
Wow...that's fucking impressive.
They gave me an Army Achievement Medal for setting up a display at a fucking fair.

Basically achievement medals are what you get for keeping your bunk made, or wiping your butt properly.

Have you gotten anything that would qualify you for membership in veterans clubs like the VFW?

BTW, how many different aircraft have you jumped out of?
Have you ever been been deployed in any Hostile Fire Zones?
How many firefights have you been in?
When was the last time you fired any crew-served weapons?

And they have a Pagan center on Ft Campbell.

Pagan Worship Services

Building: 6902

6902 Desert Storm Ave.
Fort Campbell, KY 42223

Last edited:
In terms of the weapons systems, there is probably little difference now between us and China. In terms of leadership we are in serious trouble. It's kind of like having a race car and giving the keys to Joe Biden.
Exactly! We have the best toys. But "leadership" is what matters. Trans queers led by Mr Potatohead fighting China? We're in trouble

Your record isn't what I would call impressive.
You never even made it to Chief Petty Officer, am I correct?

3 Navy Acheesement Medals?
Wow...that's fucking impressive.
They gave me an Army Achievement Medal for setting up a display at a fucking fair.

Basically achievement medals are what you get for keeping your bunk made, or wiping your butt properly.

Have you gotten anything that would qualify you for membership in veterans clubs like the VFW?

BTW, how many different aircraft have you jumped out of?
Have you ever been been deployed in any Hostile Fire Zones?
How many firefights have you been in?
When was the last time you fired any crew-served weapons?

And they have a Pagan center on Ft Campbell.

Pagan Worship Services

Building: 6902

6902 Desert Storm Ave.
Fort Campbell, KY 42223

Do I qualify for any Veteran's clubs? Been a lifetime member of the VFW since 1990. Figured out that a lifetime membership was cheaper than paying dues every year (which I had done for the previous 3), so, since I qualified, I got the lifetime membership. Still have my metal card too.

How many aircraft have I jumped out of? Well, the Navy doesn't have need for you to do that unless you're a SEAL, and I didn't qualify because of my vision. But yes, since you asked, I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane by choice. Skydiving is a lot of fun, and quite the adrenaline rush.

Have I ever been deployed to hostile fire zones? About 4 or 5 over the course of my career, and my LES's reflect that I not only drew combat pay, but also got tax free pay for being in a war zone.

How many firefights have I been in? Well, again, the Navy doesn't generally do stuff like that unless you're a SEAL, but my ship was fired on while we were off the coast of Beruit back in '83. Never saw so much frantic scurrying around trying to get the anchor up and get us out of there. Was an interesting time.

When was the last time I fired a crew served weapon? Again, the Navy doesn't do much of that. But, there was once while we were at sea that the CO allowed people to sign up to fire the 50. cal off the fantail at a target. Was one of the people chosen, and managed to hit the floating target a couple of times. Probably one of the more fun times I had with my clothes on.

BTW......................the Pagan worship services are held in a building that they share with other faiths. Sorry, but there IS a difference between Pagans and Satanists. Might wanna look them up sometime to find out the difference. Is quite a far cry from the claim you made about building a church specifically for Satanists further up the thread.

And yeah, command issued NAM's can be given for just doing your job. Getting one that is awarded outside of the command by an Admiral is quite a different thing, as only 10 percent of the NAM's allocated for a command during the year can be awarded from outside the command. All 3 of mine were awarded by Admirals. But, like I said, keep thinking what you want about me, my world will continue to spin regardless. BTW, you said you got one Army Achievement medal for setting up a fair. I'm guessing it was a command award. Ever get one from outside the command? If so, for what? And, how many Achievement medals did you receive over the course of your career?

As far as not making Chief? That was totally my fault for getting into a rating that was always CREO group C or worse. My job was usually at over 130 percent manning, because everyone wanted to work in an office. Me? I liked the office work but found it boring, which is why I volunteered for all the extra stuff I did in my career. Nonetheless, my last 2 tours were independent duty where I was filling a Chief's billet as an E-6, and being allowed to do that means you're shit hot, even if you haven't been advanced yet. They had faith in my abilities to perform at the next higher level. And, learning stuff like firefighting and Security Force training has been useful to me outside of the military. Saved a house from burning down once because of the training I'd had.

Last edited:
By default
We need to stay out of their business
you people love to say that but staying "out of peoples business" is really not an option for the U.S. and you know it. We're the third largest country in the world in population and the largest economy so we have constant interests in every corner of the world.

And you well know it.

Forum List

Back