CDZ Is "Let's Go B******" protected free speech?

Freedom of expression. I want anyone who wants to use the term to be able to use it.

It demonstrates how sick and juvenile we have become as a society, and how far we still have to go.

Say it, loud and proud. Show the world what you are.
IMG_20211227_183452050~2.jpg

;)

Although many may find this very surprising, federal law does not make political affiliation a protected class for employees who work for private (non-government) employers.

However, certain select states do protect employees from discrimination or retaliation by an employer over their political beliefs. These states include California, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, South Carolina, and West Virginia.

You're still confusing civil rights for civil liberties. They aren't the same thing.

Our civil rights, life, liberty and pursuit of happiness are protected from repression, by anyone. The "that only applies to the government" argument fails because of what the 5th Amendment says:. "...nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." A private citizen has no authority to force his will upon another person. There's nothing in 5A that says that only applies to the government.

The Govt should do nothing to stop it from being said.

But if you yelled it in a crowded mall and someone took a video of it and your boss fired you for it, that is 100% acceptable as well.

... And 100% acceptable if your boss fires the snitch, and gives you a raise ... :thup:

You're still confusing civil rights for civil liberties. They aren't the same thing.

Nope, I am not confusing a thing

Our civil rights, life, liberty and pursuit of happiness are protected from repression, by anyone. The "that only applies to the government" argument fails because of what the 5th Amendment says:. "...nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." A private citizen has no authority to force his will upon another person. There's nothing in 5A that says that only applies to the government.

This is just stupid, so now you are saying that an employer has no authority to tell their employees when to be at work ,what to wear and all the 1000s of other rules that companies have? Those are all one citizen(company) forcing their will on their employees.

Nobody has a right a job and nobody for sure has a right to a specific job. Just as nobody should be forced to work for someone, someone should not be forced to employ anyone.

Nope, I am not confusing a thing

This is just stupid, so now you are saying that an employer has no authority to tell their employees when to be at work ,what to wear and all the 1000s of other rules that companies have? Those are all one citizen(company) forcing their will on their employees.

Nobody has a right a job and nobody for sure has a right to a specific job. Just as nobody should be forced to work for someone, someone should not be forced to employ anyone.
We aren't discussing work schedules, or any other thing that applies to the daily operation of a business. We're discussing employees participating in political activities during their off time, off company property and not representing the company. Are you next going to try to claim an employer can tell his employees what kind of house to live in, what color it should be painted, whether or not they can fly a flag in their front yard, what color the curtains have to be?

We aren't discussing work schedules, or any other thing that applies to the daily operation of a business. We're discussing employees participating in political activities during their off time, off company property and not representing the company. Are you next going to try to claim an employer can tell his employees what kind of house to live in, what color it should be painted, whether or not they can fly a flag in their front yard, what color the curtains have to be?

As I said a few post up....I think an employer should be able to fire anyone for any reason.

If you do not agree, I really do not care.

As I said a few post up....I think an employer should be able to fire anyone for any reason.

If you do not agree, I really do not care.
Should an employer be legally allowed to mandate every employee fly a Confederate flag at their homes and everyone who doesn't comply gets fired?

If an employer wants to fire a person, for whatever reason, the employer can find a legal reason to do so, whether or not it is the same reason.
There is no need to pretend people have rights that they don't, or that an employer has to be stupid or weak.

If an employer wants to fire a person, for whatever reason, the employer can find a legal reason to do so, whether or not it is the same reason.
There is no need to pretend people have rights that they don't, or that an employer has to be stupid or weak.

You just made my point: the employer can come up with a legal reason. And of course, an employer can lie, too. There's nothing stopping that, either.

You just made my point: the employer can come up with a legal reason. And of course, an employer can lie, too. There's nothing stopping that, either.

It's not a lie to come up with a legal reason to fire someone.
An employer is not required to list all 100,000 things they may want to fire you for.

The employer just needs one well-documented reason ... :thup:

Forum List

Back