Is it possible there's trouble ahead for the presumptive nominee?

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire — Donald Trump thumped Nikki Haley in New Hampshire — but anti-Trump Republicans are hardly upset about it.

Even after Trump went two-for-two in the early nominating contests, the non-Trump movement sees increasingly positive signs that the former president can be beat in November.

Polls and exit surveys from Iowa and New Hampshire show swaths of the Republican electorate cast ballots specifically against Trump — and would refuse to vote for him in November. Independents who helped hand Trump a general election loss in 2020 helped fuel record turnout in New Hampshire’s GOP primary. And Trump didn’t make major strides in either state in the highly educated areas where he was weakest in 2016.

Donald Trump has a problem no matter what happens in New Hampshire on Tuesday night: There’s a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a good chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting for him in November if he becomes the nominee.

It’s an issue that became starkly apparent in polling ahead of the Iowa caucuses, when an NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of voters in that state found that fully 43 percent of Nikki Haley supporters said they would back President Joe Biden over Trump. And it’s a dynamic that has been on vivid display as the campaign shifted this week to New Hampshire.

“I can’t vote for Trump. He’s a crook. He’s too corrupt,” said Scott Simeone, 64, an independent voter from Amherst, who backed Trump in 2016 and 2020. “I voted for him, and I didn’t realize he’s as corrupt as he is.”

An informed electorate is not Don's friend. Not considering his moral bankruptcy, incompetence, and indefensible acts like making Matthew Whitaker acting AG. What kind of moron does that?

Your problem is all those indictments are politically motivated. Biden allowing Illegals in the country is worse than his shitty economy

Except we did have wars in the Middle East in Europe under Trump. Afghanistan was still going on before he surrendered to the Taliban at Doha and left Joe with the check. Syria was still going on. Putin was still infringing on Ukraine and Georgia.

We have record employment now, and a record stock market.

Crime is actually down from where it was in 2020.

You wingnuts all like to pretend 2020 didn't happen on Trump's watch. I don't blame you, it was such a fucking nightmare we'd all like to forget how badly Trump fucked up everything, but time for a reminder.

If $3.00 gas is your worst problem, your life is pretty good.
We hadn't had a US battle casualty in the Middle East in over a year, Joe. Trump kept the US out of Syria. He negotiated a withdrawal with the Taliban because he didn't want American troops in harm's way defending people who probably didn't want us there in the first place. How the withdrawal was conducted was solely on Biden. He's the one who surrendered Bagram Air Base to the Taliban without even telling the Afghans he was doing it. He's the one who made anyone who wanted to get out of Afghanistan run a gauntlet of Taliban to get to an airport that wasn't defendable. Those 13 dead Marines? That's on Joe Biden...not Donald Trump!

What exactly did Trump "fuck up" in 2020? Covid? Trump's only mistake there was trusting Tony Fauci. That evil midget made millions off Covid while destroying people's lives. Trump left shutdowns to State's individual Governors. It was the right thing to do. States run by intelligent Governors got things up and running again. States run by liberals remained hiding under their beds for months.

$3.00 gas isn't my problem. I'm not a working class guy trying to pay my mortgage, car payments, put groceries on the table and clothes on my kid's backs! For those who ARE having to do that, $3.00 gas is just one more expense that Joe Biden's policies have forced them to absorb. Inflation is killing the American working class and the Democrats could care less.

We hadn't had a US battle casualty in the Middle East in over a year, Joe.

There were 65 deaths in Iraq on Trump's watch. The fact that he retreated to airbases but left the actual evacuation until after the election isn't a sign of good policy, because by the time Biden got there, the Taliban had ALREADY overrun much of the country.

Really, Berg? So Lois Lerner took the 5th because the IRS scandal was "fake"? Right...

The fifth isn't an admission of guilt.

What exactly did Trump "fuck up" in 2020?
Covid. The economy. The response to the Riots.

He's the president, blaming everyone else for his mistakes isn't an option.

There were 65 deaths in Iraq on Trump's watch. The fact that he retreated to airbases but left the actual evacuation until after the election isn't a sign of good policy, because by the time Biden got there, the Taliban had ALREADY overrun much of the country.

The fifth isn't an admission of guilt.

Covid. The economy. The response to the Riots.

He's the president, blaming everyone else for his mistakes isn't an option.
Can you give me one good reason why Lerner wouldn't have testified if she had been running that IRS office as she should have? Why would anyone take the 5th who was doing what they should have been doing?

Donald Trump has a problem no matter what happens in New Hampshire on Tuesday night: There’s a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a good chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting for him in November if he becomes the nominee.

It’s an issue that became starkly apparent in polling ahead of the Iowa caucuses, when an NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of voters in that state found that fully 43 percent of Nikki Haley supporters said they would back President Joe Biden over Trump. And it’s a dynamic that has been on vivid display as the campaign shifted this week to New Hampshire.

“I can’t vote for Trump. He’s a crook. He’s too corrupt,” said Scott Simeone, 64, an independent voter from Amherst, who backed Trump in 2016 and 2020. “I voted for him, and I didn’t realize he’s as corrupt as he is.”

An informed electorate is not Don's friend. Not considering his moral bankruptcy, incompetence, and indefensible acts like making Matthew Whitaker acting AG. What kind of moron does that?

The mainstream media has to perform their usual ritual bullshit and pretend that this will be a close election.

But it won't be. Trump is going to lose badly. It will not be nearly as close as the 2020 election.

Biden is going to win by at least 5% and 10 million votes. Quite possibly a lot more than that. Take that to the bank.

Jan 6 and the Dobbs abortion decision have permanently damaged Trump and the Republican Party. The 2022 midterms also indicated this truth, but it will become crystal clear in Nov 2024 during a presidential election with high Democratic voter turnout.

The mainstream media has to perform their usual ritual bullshit and pretend that this will be a close election.

But it won't be. Trump is going to lose badly. It will not be nearly as close as the 2020 election.

Biden is going to win by at least 5% and 10 million votes. Quite possibly a lot more than that. Take that to the bank.

Jan 6 and the Dobbs abortion decision have permanently damaged Trump and the Republican Party. The 2022 midterms also indicated this truth, but it will become crystal clear in Nov 2024 during a presidential election with high Democratic voter turnout.
As James Carville once told Bill Clinton "It's the economy, Stupid!" The two top issues with Americans right now are the border and inflation. Joe Biden polls terribly on both.

Can you give me one good reason why Lerner wouldn't have testified if she had been running that IRS office as she should have? Why would anyone take the 5th who was doing what they should have been doing?

Same reason ANY American should premptively plead the fifth, and not talk to anyone without a lawyer present. It's called "The Constitution".

Lerner actually followed the law. The Teabaggers were abusing the tax code.

Same reason ANY American should premptively plead the fifth, and not talk to anyone without a lawyer present. It's called "The Constitution".

Lerner actually followed the law. The Teabaggers were abusing the tax code.
Lerner targeted conservatives. That's not following the law...that's abusing your position of power for political reasons. The Obama White House weaponized the IRS against it's political opposition. Tricky Dick Nixon TRIED to do that and it was what got him tossed out of office!

Lerner targeted conservatives. That's not following the law...that's abusing your position of power for political reasons. The Obama White House weaponized the IRS against it's political opposition. Tricky Dick Nixon TRIED to do that and it was what got him tossed out of office!
Actually, she also targeted leftist groups.

Did the groups in question violate the law or not? Clearly they did.

Actually, she also targeted leftist groups.

Did the groups in question violate the law or not? Clearly they did.
Oh BULLSHIT, Joey! She overwhelmingly targeted conservative groups and you know it! She didn't even accuse them of violating the law...she simply stonewalled their applications to be tax exempt organizations. She didn't do that to liberal groups. Only to conservative groups.

Forum List

Back