Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't see how us being different is helping anything. All it seems to do is divide us into seperate teams.

I don't see how us being different is helping anything. All it seems to do is divide us into seperate teams.

No, that's just the partisans and the dickheads.

Most people get along getting along.

How does the pizza industry do in the u.s.?

How do italian restaurants do?

Chinese food?

Looking at food alone, let alone education and home remedy - cultural diversity is very beneficial.

Very good pint. But how is Indian and Egyptian food doing in the United States? I've seen them pop up and close down. Does that mean that cultural diversity is not a success? No, it doesn't just as your fast food analogy doesn't prove that its a success. Why do we demand pizza, Italian food, and fast food? Of course, no Italian or Chinese individual would call your local Italian restaurant or Chinese restaurant actual Chinese/Italian food. Furthermore, I would hope that you don't judge the success of diversity on the fate of food in America.

In any case, we adopted Americanized Chinese and Italian food from migrants who wanted to appeal to a larger share of the market. They migrated to partake in our cultural success. They adapted their culture to fit the dominant culture by Americanizing their food. Indeed, they found a market for their product. They were therefore incentivized to further to adapt to the dominant culture so as to increase their profit margin. Now most Italian restaurants aren't owned by Italians, though, most Chinese food restaurants are owned by Chinese. And why not? When you think of opening a restaurant is your first idea Chinese food?

The culture of the Chinese in particular values education more so than that of Americans. Their children are widely successful in setting the standard for income and high academic achievement. Nevertheless, they are more successful here than in their home countries who's culture does not value individualism and capitalism. Indeed, they flee their countries for opportunity in the United States because our individualist culture has made income mobility more possible than the nations they flee from. If they promote that ideal then they are assimilating toward the dominant culture. The facts, however, show that they do not. Indeed, they are a collectivist culture and they vote accordingly despite the success that individualism and capitalism granted them.

On the other hand, the Chinese frown upon interracial marriage. They stick to their own culture whenever possible until their children are raised within the American system. Statistics show that by the third generation many Asians do worse than that of the second generation because they lost touch with their Asian cultural discipline. This is certainly good for us, however, it doesn't exactly benefit the Asians. If only we could adopt their outlook toward education as we took to their Americanized food we would be doing ourselves a huge favor.

On the whole we benefit from Asian immigration. I cannot say that for most cultures.

In my opinion, if you even bother to dig for reasons why cultural diversity is bad, you are a bigot wether knowingly or subconsciously.

Cultural diversity IS THE US.

Haven't been to a high school lunch room lately have you? Ever notice that you have a table for the Mexicans, the blacks, and quite often a mixture of whites and Asians at another. Why do they segregate themselves if they all believe cultural diversity is a strength? Oh we have cultural diversity, they just don't hang out in a diverse manner.

Indeed, if you had the choice, would you rather you child go to a majority black school, a majority Hispanic school, or a majority white school? Even blacks and Hispanics would admit that they would rather their children go to the majority white school. Why? What does the majority white school have that the black and Hispanic schools don't?

Last edited:

Chinese food?

Looking at food alone, let alone education and home remedy - cultural diversity is very beneficial.
I would hope that you don't judge the success of diversity on the fate of food in America.

Upside down world. You are just here to argue wit fake points that weren't even made, in an attempt to justify bigotry.

I's ok fella.

But don't think I don't see you.

I see you.

Wide awake. Have a nice night.

Chinese food?

I would hope that you don't judge the success of diversity on the fate of food in America.

Upside down world. You are just here to argue wit fake points that weren't even made, in an attempt to justify bigotry.

I's ok fella.

But don't think I don't see you.

I see you.

Wide awake. Have a nice night.

Then my point should certainly be easy to counter. I am surprised though. I thought you would agree with that post more so than you would disagree. Indeed, I think I addressed everything you spoke of. I can only assume that you didn't read the whole thing. Of course, you fell into the default charge of racism, uh "bigotry," which is what most people do when they've run dry of their own argument.

Last edited:
I don't have to counter your point.

I'd spend half the time pointing out to you that you're arguing with shit I didn't even say or imply, what a waste of fucking time. It's only worth it conversing with people who have honest motives, not a simple necessity to fulfill their o.c.d. to argue on the internet.

Lik I said - I see you. Address me as sir.

I'd spend half the time pointing out to you that you're arguing with shit I didn't even say or imply, what a waste of fucking time. It's only worth it conversing with people who have honest motives, not a simple necessity to fulfill their o.c.d. to argue on the internet.

What I wouldn't give to have a bunch of OCD and ADHD people working for me. Do you know where they meet?

I see you have labeled yourself as my superior. Does this make you feel better? Talk about mental disorders.

So my motives aren't honest? What are my motives? ocd is a motive? What proof do you have of that? Seeing as you have none I can only assess that your making an excuse to flee. That's ok by me. Someone with a higher mental capacity should be along eventually. I see I've not only exhausted yours but I took the time to explain why this is the case based upon how you're posting to me. Too bad you can't do the same for me. That would make you credible.

Last edited:
Cultural diversity (multiculturalism) is a recipe for disaster. Newcomers need to assimilate, and learn English. There needs to be one national identity. When various newcomers tend to ghettoize themselves in certain areas, there will be conflict. We can look at the U.K. with it's prior cultural diversity policies, and the problems that they are now facing. The July 7 2005 bombings in London is another classic example to look at to see what harm multiculturalism can do.

I fully support a multiethnic society, but not a multicultural one.

The strongest diversity is one of individuals...expressed through liberty and responsibility.

The DNA identity political type is divisive groupthink.

Isn't that a culture within itself? A culture of individualism?

What I wouldn't give to have a bunch of OCD and ADHD people working for me. Do you know where they meet?

I see you have labeled yourself as my superior. Does this make you feel better? Talk about mental disorders.

So my motives aren't honest? What are my motives? ocd is a motive? What proof do you have of that? Seeing as you have none I can only assess that your making an excuse to flee. That's ok by me. Someone with a higher mental capacity should be along eventually. I see I've not only exhausted yours but I took the time to explain why this is the case based upon how you're posting to me. Too bad you can't do the same for me. That would make you credible.

I'm not reading this bullshit

I'm not reading this bullshit

Yes, it is becoming more and more obvious that you haven't been reading. Your post with the large letters that imply that I was not addressing your assertion is enough proof of that. Talk about honest motives.

If a country is committed to a strong bill of rights that protect minorities and is respected by a majority, then, yes, a cultural diversity is a strength.

We have been undergoing sixty years of adjusting to the concept all folks are equal: all folks.

So cultural diversity is only a strength if we are committed to have a strong bill of rights that protects minorities. In what way should a bill of rights protect minorities? Equality under the law? Quotas? Affirmative Action? Dispirit Impact Analysis/Laws.

And are all cultures really equal? Are there cultures that out perform other cultures? Does not Asians, a minority in the US, make more money and attain the highest education than any other demographic? Can this be attributed to culture? If so, are all cultures equal?

I'm not asking that you actually undergo the burden of answering these questions, however, I am of the firm belief that not all coulters are equal.

Well, Ann Coulter is certainly not in action, but, in law, we treat her as such.

The best solution is to study the last sixty years and figure out what works best.

I agree that I would not a Nazi culture, or a communist culture, or a far right reactionary social con culture here. But we certainly make sure the individuals are protected in law.

Immigrants are adapting more quickly to our culture and English than ever before.

However, if one thinks that one out of six Americans who are foreign born are not going to influence the national character, then one both is being unrealistic and overrating the national culture.

Immigrants are adapting more quickly to our culture and English than ever before.

However, if one thinks that one out of six Americans who are foreign born are not going to influence the national character, then one both is being unrealistic and overrating the national culture.

What of the native born who are culturally conservative, that is to say, resistant to cultural advancement. Certainly when added to immigrants they have a heavy effect on the national character. There is more to cultural diversity than just foreign born. There are quite a number of native born cultures as well.

Last edited:

What of the native born who are culturally conservative, that is to say, resistant to cultural advancement. Certainly when added to immigrants they have a heavy effect on the national character. There is more to cultural diversity than just foreign born. There are quite a number of native born cultures as well.

^ revealing your dishonest motives without even knowing it.

Another thread attempting to subjugate cultural advancement because you are a-skurred of conservative values being lost or brainwashed away. gtfoh. Told you I saw you. Call me sir.

Of course, it is a strength. But blindly accepting "immigrants" that WILL NOT acclimate, or fear of those that question illegal/legal immigration, that is a weakness. That is a different ball of wax…

With respect to language, regardless of how many generations it takes for a family of migrants to learn English, if a generation does not speak English well then they are a drag. .

Previous waves of immigrants from non-English speaking countries did not prove to be a "drag" on the nation. On the contrary, they proved to be an invaluable resource.

Not an argument. Contradiction.

I have provided FACTS, current and historical, that refute your position. Are you just going to repeat yourself like some petulant child now?

Chinese food?

Very good pint. But how is Indian and Egyptian food doing in the United States? .

Not sure how many Egyptian places there are, but Indian food is doing great in the US.

Forum List

Back