Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Diversity is our strength, as long as we stay diverse.

But it seems like liberals want us all to mix together, that would lose all our diversity

They are the champions of cultural relativism.

So as long as we stay diverse? I don't agree. If someone is doing something right you mimic it. Cultural conservatism encourages people to be set in their ways no matter how flawed they may be. What you advocate for is cultural conservatism.

Last edited:
Walking into a home improvement store and seeing 'welcome' in Spanish is fucking bullshit....

Does it hurt your little eyes, dear? Should private businesses cater to your particular fear of the funny words you can't understand? Or should they decide how best to serve all their customers and tell squirrely little freaks like you to fuck off and go see a shrink?

A common national language, just like common numbers (Arabic numerals), or, a common national currency, is a strength. .

We have one, and immigrants today are adapting to it as those who came before them did.

The strongest diversity is one of individuals...expressed through liberty and responsibility.

The DNA identity political type is divisive groupthink.

Culture is not always genetically based though, so this is not addressing the term multiculturalism but moreso diversity via race.

Cultural diversity will always be a positive thing until a culture is ready to step forth under scrutiny and declare that theyre perfect.

I would go as far to say that culture is never genetically based. If I were to adopt an African child upon birth I am certain that the culture of his/her genetic parents would travel along with him/her. But I don't think that boedicca was alluding to culture a genetically based. I think boedicca was criticizing those who think genetics are a factor.

So how is cultural diversity a positive again?

Boedicca was answering your OP in regard to cultural diversity as a strength or weakness, by saying that that cultural diversity in and of itself is divisive groupthink.

He didn't bring up DNA just at random, he was referring to your OP quite obviously. And, he is wrong.

And I already stated at the end of the very post you quoted why it's positive. Feel free to read it again and take it all in this time.

Mass migration of foreign speaking peoples into a powerful nation is a drag on the nation. .

It hasn't dragged us down before and it isn't dragging us down today.

Importing culturally conservative inferiors who make it a point to distinguish themselves from a more successful culture as opposed to adopting the cultural aspects that made success possible is a drag. Indeed, with respect to those who do not adopt the language of the dominant culture, especially in the case they migrated to share in another cultures achievements, they will find themselves on the welfare rolls of the dominant culture. This is indeed a drag. How do you teach a class in a public school when you have a large number of students who cannot speak English? You will hurt the education of the kids of the dominant culture. How do you employ a non-English speaking worker? They will end up on public assistance. Why would you allow someone who does not speak English to migrate to the United States?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_bKJ11O0M]Thomas Sowell - Culture Matters - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I've told you before, today's immigrants are adapting to American culture, including the acquisition of English. I provided links and everything. Aren't I nice?

Culture is not always genetically based though, so this is not addressing the term multiculturalism but moreso diversity via race.

Cultural diversity will always be a positive thing until a culture is ready to step forth under scrutiny and declare that theyre perfect.

I would go as far to say that culture is never genetically based. If I were to adopt an African child upon birth I am certain that the culture of his/her genetic parents would travel along with him/her. But I don't think that boedicca was alluding to culture a genetically based. I think boedicca was criticizing those who think genetics are a factor.

So how is cultural diversity a positive again?

Boedicca was answering your OP in regard to cultural diversity as a strength or weakness, by saying that that cultural diversity in and of itself is divisive groupthink.

He didn't bring up DNA just at random, he was referring to your OP quite obviously. And, he is wrong.

And I already stated at the end of the very post you quoted why it's positive. Feel free to read it again and take it all in this time.

I believe boedicca called those who think DNA is a factor guilty of group think. He is right in doing so.

I've told you before, today's immigrants are adapting to American culture, including the acquisition of English. I provided links and everything. Aren't I nice?

No, you proved that they are adapting to American culture faster than past migrants. No surprise there. But then again, if a culture is assimilating, then how much can you attribute to the "strengths" of cultural diversity? Indeed, if they are assimilating to US culture then they are abandoning their old culture for a new one. Are they not? That's not cultural diversity, that's cultural assimilation. Why do cultures assimilate? Because cultural diversity is a weakness.

With respect to language, regardless of how many generations it takes for a family of migrants to learn English, if a generation does not speak English well then they are a drag. You simply moved the bar. You contest that they aren't a drag because they will eventually learn to speak English well a few generations down the road and become productive citizens. Immigration should not be judged on how many generation it takes for a person to learn English. It should be judged on whether they will be a burden or asset now. That's why, when you fill out an immigration form, they look for the means to sustain yourself. If you cannot sustain yourself in either your home country or the United States, your petition will be denied because that is reasonable suspicion that the migrant will overstay his/her visa and/or jump on the welfare rolls. In any case, for the time being, if you cannot speak English you are a drag on the host nation.

Last edited:
Indeed, if they are assimilating to US culture then they are abandoning their old culture for a new one. Are they not? .

No, they are not. Are you completely unfamiliar with the history of immigration and assimilation in America?

Indeed, if they are assimilating to US culture then they are abandoning their old culture for a new one. Are they not? .

No, they are not. Are you completely unfamiliar with the history of immigration and assimilation in America?

Do I need to post another video of Monty Python's Argument Clinic so as to teach you the difference between argument and contradiction? But lets pretend that I wasn't familiar. What would you say?

Last edited:
In my opinion, if you even bother to dig for reasons why cultural diversity is bad, you are a bigot wether knowingly or subconsciously.

Cultural diversity IS THE US.

With respect to language, regardless of how many generations it takes for a family of migrants to learn English, if a generation does not speak English well then they are a drag. .

Previous waves of immigrants from non-English speaking countries did not prove to be a "drag" on the nation. On the contrary, they proved to be an invaluable resource.

Do I need to post another video of Monty Python's Argument Clinic so as to teach you the difference between argument and contradiction?

Answer the question, or avoid it and in so doing answer it anyway.

How does the pizza industry do in the u.s.?

How do italian restaurants do?

Chinese food?

Looking at food alone, let alone education and home remedy - cultural diversity is very beneficial.

With respect to language, regardless of how many generations it takes for a family of migrants to learn English, if a generation does not speak English well then they are a drag. .

Previous waves of immigrants from non-English speaking countries did not prove to be a "drag" on the nation. On the contrary, they proved to be an invaluable resource.

Not an argument. Contradiction.

Do I need to post another video of Monty Python's Argument Clinic so as to teach you the difference between argument and contradiction?

Answer the question, or avoid it and in so doing answer it anyway.

Ok, lets pretend that I wasn't familiar. How would you address me? With another contradiction?

Assimilation does not mean abandoning your culture. It means adopting new practices within your culture.

Forum List

Back