Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No decay exists at all, only a deepening and a broadening.

Embrace it, No, never. It is what we humans do, resist. Decay exists, we fight it. You think we should just mindlessly accept it? Nihilist might....You might.

"Decay"? What decay are you talking about?

Pretend it maters, Why ask? Do you care what I think? You are a person that will eventually figure out this situation. I think you are smarter than me, just younger and inexperienced.

just younger and inexperienced.

At the risk of incurring another Hillary-esque, "what does it matter?!" I'll ask: What do you mean by "inexperienced" if not merely older? I've been around the block, sister.

And there is no need to keep harping on how old you are. You're not Methuselah's big sister, and I'm not typing from inside the womb. As for "smarter," do not underestimate how stupid I can be when I try. Just ask my wife.

Immigrants are adapting more quickly to our culture and English than ever before.

However, if one thinks that one out of six Americans who are foreign born are not going to influence the national character, then one both is being unrealistic and overrating the national culture.

What of the native born who are culturally conservative, that is to say, resistant to cultural advancement. Certainly when added to immigrants they have a heavy effect on the national character. There is more to cultural diversity than just foreign born. There are quite a number of native born cultures as well.

^ revealing your dishonest motives without even knowing it.

Another thread attempting to subjugate cultural advancement because you are a-skurred of conservative values being lost or brainwashed away. gtfoh. Told you I saw you. Call me sir.

I see you do not recognize that there are more than one native born culture in the US. I also see that you believe that all cultures are equal. Recognition that there are different cultures in the US and they are not all equal is far from a dishonest motive. Just because you're experiencing some discomfort taking about it doesn't mean it is not the case. The only question therefore available is what makes some cultures succeed and others fail?

Previous waves of immigrants from non-English speaking countries did not prove to be a "drag" on the nation. On the contrary, they proved to be an invaluable resource.

Not an argument. Contradiction.

I have provided FACTS, current and historical, that refute your position. Are you just going to repeat yourself like some petulant child now?

You just said the opposite of what I did. You proved nothing other than subsequent generations of migrants assimilate quicker than earlier migrants in early 20th century America. To that I respond "duh."

Of course, no Italian or Chinese individual would call your local Italian restaurant or Chinese restaurant actual Chinese/Italian food.

That would depend on where that individual lived, wouldn't it?

Sure does, but the point still stands. Most Italian and Chinese restaurants would not be considered Chinese/Italians food by native Chinese Italians. They tailored their food to the dominant culture. And why not? It's an example of the assimilation process. I thought you might agree.

Immigrants are adapting more quickly to our culture and English than ever before.

However, if one thinks that one out of six Americans who are foreign born are not going to influence the national character, then one both is being unrealistic and overrating the national culture.

What of the native born who are culturally conservative, that is to say, resistant to cultural advancement. Certainly when added to immigrants they have a heavy effect on the national character. There is more to cultural diversity than just foreign born. There are quite a number of native born cultures as well.

Immaterial, my friend. Jews, eastern Europeans, Asians, Africans, and South Americans have already influenced our culture, and that will only continue.

As the Catholic minority and the non-religious minorities continue to negate the white right evangelical influence, demographic cultural change will continue.

No one, Publius, wants to live in a cultural world the equivalent of the 1950s.

I consider religious cultures a part of the cultural conservatism that, if you have observed, I'm not exactly advocating. Conservative cultures, that is to say, cultures resistant to positive change in light of overwhelming fact that their cultural practices are wrong, are the steepest among religious cultures. The most ardently conservative culture in the world include the Muslims in the Middle East. They haven't advanced a bit for the past 1000 years. That is their punishment for their conservatism and they brought it on themselves. But that's the Middle East and not the US. My brown wife would take issue with your 1950's statement and appeals to racism as to ignore the facts.

Last edited:
I have provided FACTS, current and historical, that refute your position. Are you just going to repeat yourself like some petulant child now?

You just said the opposite of what I did.

No, I proved that your assertions were wrong.

No, you proved that later subsequent generations of first generation migrants assimilate faster than earlier subsequent generations of first generation migrants. Not exactly ground breaking material.

Last edited:

Immaterial, my friend. Jews, eastern Europeans, Asians, Africans, and South Americans have already influenced our culture, and that will only continue.

As the Catholic minority and the non-religious minorities continue to negate the white right evangelical influence, demographic cultural change will continue.

I consider religious cultures a part of the cultural conservatism that, if you have observed, I'm not exactly advocating. Conservative cultures, that is to say, cultures resistant to positive change in light of overwhelming fact that their cultural practices are wrong, are the steepest among religious cultures. The most ardently conservative culture in the world include the Muslims in the Middle East. They haven't advanced a bit for the past 1000 years. That is their punishment for their conservatism and they brought it on themselves. But that's the Middle East and not the US. My brown wife would take issue with your 1950's statement and appeals to racism as to ignore the facts.

What she thinks about your incorrect assessment of my statement is immaterial. The fact that our culture is changing is a fact, and the change demographically minimalizing the conservative white social con tradition is a fact. And it is fact that whether your disagree or not the change will contine.

The example provided was pizza and Italian restaurants. If your going to include pizza as Italian then thee is no way in hell at most Italian restaurants are owned by Italians.

Prove it.

Don't need to. Just look at any chain of mass chain of Italian/Pizza restaurants with a board of directors and a CEO.
CEO Olive Garden
images

CEO Pizza Hut
Innovation-Confab.jpg

Shall I go on with the franchises themselves among other Pizza/Italian establishments?

Last edited:

What she thinks about your incorrect assessment of my statement is immaterial. The fact that our culture is changing is a fact, and the change demographically minimalizing the conservative white social con tradition is a fact. And it is fact that whether your disagree or not the change will contine.

When did I object to cultural change? I'm for cultural liberalization. The United States is the catalyst of cultural liberalization. The only problem is that conservative cultures impede cultural liberalization. Conservatives reject other cultures. Modern Liberals cater to them and encourage cultural conservatism. I am neither on this issue. Everyone from Thomas Jefferson (Influence of the Church) to Karl Marx ("Religion is the opiate of the masses") was against cultural conservatism. This is not a radical view.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back