CDZ Is calling someone Fat okay?

Don’t be such an idiot. Will you get fatter if you stop eating? No, because you’re burning more than you’re consuming. This isn’t f’n rocket science, it’s logic. Eat more than you burn, get fatter. Don’t eat more than you burn, get thinner. There can be no other way. It has nothing to do with fat shaming, which I don’t do.

The equalization of calories in/out is the basic stuff. Then there's metabolism which can CHANGE with what you eat and how regular you exercise. THAT ALONE makes "balancing calories" hard because people get frustrated and quit BEFORE their increased metabolic rate helps them out.

THE HARDER PARTS ARE -- listening to your "emotional triggers" some of which might be due to how you were FED growing up, heredity to some extent, and other psyche issues.

The hardest trigger is (from my own experience) was learning to recognize when I was full and when I was hungry. In middle age you work and eat "by the clock". They call it lunchtime, because that's what folks do. YOUR BODY tells you when you've had enough and when you're hungry for the next meal. It might boil down to TWO meals a days. And maybe 2.5 meals on other days. But if you eat BECAUSE it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dont LISTEN for the body triggers, you're never gonna fix a weight problem.

Given that weight is harder to cure then cancer -- just appointing yourself to be a FAT czar and confronting them is no help at all.

The topic of "Fat shaming" get's muddled down by simplicity. It usually goes like this:

Normal Person: Fat shaming is tough to hear but it's factually accurate and can cause self-reflection. Reality can be harsh.
Body Positive Activist: But it's mean and traumatizes people, I've been called fat and it hurt me. I feel beautiful how I am and I shouldn't be made fun of for it.
NP: Nobody is making fun of you. If someone relentlessly bullies you for being fat, it's wrong. But if someone sizes you up and says you're fat in an informative way, it's entirely appropriate.
BPA: Yes you can make changes... BUT (insert reason to stay overweight)

Does anyone on this board have a problem with people saying an obese person is fat? I'm not talking about pointing fingers in public and mocking them... I'm saying, whether warmly or coldly, just some constructive criticism that you're overweight, and there's significant health problems associated.

Also, does anyone support body positive activists trying influence the youth that "big is beautiful" to supposedly protect their mental health?

If they fat, call'm fat.

My ex wife was fat. No she was huge. We met at the Macy's day parade. She was wearing ropes.
I almost hit her with my car. She screamed at me to go around her, and I replied "I don't think I got enough gas."

I'm telling you, she was fat.

If they fat, call'm fat.

My ex wife was fat. No she was huge. We met at the Macy's day parade. She was wearing ropes.
I almost hit her with my car. She screamed at me to go around her, and I replied "I don't think I got enough gas."

If they fat, call'm fat.

I think I knew her. She is the one who was walking down the street on the sidewalk when a drunk driver jumped the curb and hit her.

On the other side of the street.

If they fat, call'm fat.

yo mama so fat she uses Google Earth to take a selfie

If they fat, call'm fat.

My mother was fat. Huge. Can't walk fat. In a special sized wheelchair fat. So fat I made her clothes out of king sized sheets. Then she got a pimple on her leg. The leg was amputated. Then she bumped her toe on her remaining leg. They amputated that leg. Then complications from diabetes killed her.

I do not have a good opinion of overweight.

The main thing is, there should be some kind of laws against fat shaming.

My mother was fat. Huge. Can't walk fat. In a special sized wheelchair fat. So fat I made her clothes out of king sized sheets. Then she got a pimple on her leg. The leg was amputated. Then she bumped her toe on her remaining leg. They amputated that leg. Then complications from diabetes killed her.

I do not have a good opinion of overweight.
You’re doing it wrong

Forum List

Back