CDZ Is calling someone Fat okay?

My equation works regardless of the food type.
Burn more calories than you consume and you'll lose weight. Those calories can come in the form of one single crispy creme donut or 10lbs of broccoli, the math still works the same.
Nope

The body handles various foods differently. High sugar and processed white carbs and alcohol trigger a spike in insulin and those foods are immediately converted and stored as fat.

Vegetables, fruit, whole grains, nuts and seeds don't spike insulin and give you fullness and burn slowly. You won't have cravings and you will rapidly burn your stores of fat.

Your "equation " is simplistic and not effective

It's just math and logic, DA. Nothing grows larger if it consumes less than it requires to grow larger. There may be mitigating circumstances that make it more difficult, but it can be no other way.

It's just math and logic, DA. Nothing grows larger if it consumes less than it requires to grow larger. There may be mitigating circumstances that make it more difficult, but it can be no other way.
You need to do more research.

I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days in 2015 and have kept it off ever since by following the principles I've posted.

Eat only what I call "God food" (food GOD created for us and in their natural state) and you never have to worry about counting calories or feeling hungry

You need to do more research.

I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days in 2015 and have kept it off ever since by following the principles I've posted.

Eat only what I call "God food" (food GOD created for us and in their natural state) and you never have to worry about counting calories or feeling hungry
You're one of the good ones, so I have no desire to argue with you. Math doesn't lie, though. If you consume more fuel that you burn, you will be left with excess fuel to carry. If you consume less fuel than you burn, you will be forced to burn your excess existing fuel.

Yeah whatever.

I'd rather be polite than a rude asshole.

It doesn't matter if you call them fat or overweight, you are asshole to them for speaking the truth.

Only difference is, by choosing to use word "overweight" you are in their eyes just a polite asshole.

Indeed. And I'm differentiating. I'm not saying mocking people and bullying them. But simply identifying that they're overweight, fat, obese, etc. Sometimes people need to be shook up a bit, and it's never easy. Reality is a b*tch sometimes, and nobody wants to leave their comfort zone, myself included.
and you "feel" this your right? To insult and shake up strangers who aren't doing anything to you? Do you really want us psychoanalyzing you?

My equation works regardless of the food type.
Burn more calories than you consume and you'll lose weight. Those calories can come in the form of one single crispy creme donut or 10lbs of broccoli, the math still works the same.
It actually doesn't work like that hun...and yes, I have heard poorly trained lazy doctors claim as you have, but truthfully they are idiots.

But by all means, I think that you should go up to each fat person that you see and tell them that you think they are fat and that you want them to lose weight....

Last edited:
That's really a job for physicians and qualified health counselors and they DO IT -- all the time. The problem with the distinction you're drawing is that the "normal person" can deliver the message, but has no clue how to really help them. Because that takes patience, time and expertise.

I think the idea that NORMALIZING obesity or being overweight is probably also unhealthy for a nation that's AFRAID to speak out IN GENERAL. Because obesity really does kill people sooner than they need to be dead.
Great point about a society “normalizing obesity” and this is sadly supported in dietary choices in young kids which is very sad, tragic to be precise. Average reduction in lifespan 16 years.

My first reaction when I see someone morbidly obese is compassion I can't imagine what life must be like for them, what kind of pain they endure physically from the weight and also mentally from fat shamers. I have never looked at someone obese and thought I want to make you feel even worse about yourself. I can't stand people who shame like that. If you have to pick on other people and not mind your own business it says more about you to me than the obese person being obese.
I agree because we also don’t know about genetic determinations. There are families that are “born into obesity” genetically, a much different scenario than what we’re talking about here with dietary choices making a huge difference.

looking back, it’s embarrassing how bad a job schools did in promoting healthy weight when I was in high school. Pop machines on each floor, mini KFC and Pizza Hut franchises in the cafeteria, plus the most popular meal in the regular cafeteria line always a “nugget basket” which was a basket of French fries and chicken nuggets topped with fried cheese.

I’m 100% for eliminating the sale of pop, candy and fast food on school grounds. They’re free to buy it elsewhere, but never at school.

This, combined with more funding for athletics, would make a huge difference, especially for low income students whose families tend to have poor eating habits already.

looking back, it’s embarrassing how bad a job schools did in promoting healthy weight when I was in high school. Pop machines on each floor, mini KFC and Pizza Hut franchises in the cafeteria, plus the most popular meal in the regular cafeteria line always a “nugget basket” which was a basket of French fries and chicken nuggets topped with fried cheese.

I’m 100% for eliminating the sale of pop, candy and fast food on school grounds. They’re free to buy it elsewhere, but never at school.

This, combined with more funding for athletics, would make a huge difference, especially for low income students whose families tend to have poor eating habits already.
We had the same thing in my high school as a student. Crazy food choices, you would have thought it was a school system with high budget with excess monies to spend - not the case. Of course we thought it was great to either have Pizza Hut or KFC! Lol The only limit was money; some who had the money would have pizza, KFC, 2 orders of fries, and 2 soft drinks, not always the ones who’d later burn that off in sports.

It actually doesn't work like that hun...and yes, I have heard poorly trained lazy doctors claim as you have, but truthfully they are idiots.

But by all means, I think that you should go up to each fat person that you see and tell them that you think they are fat and that you want them to lose weight....

Don’t be such an idiot. Will you get fatter if you stop eating? No, because you’re burning more than you’re consuming. This isn’t f’n rocket science, it’s logic. Eat more than you burn, get fatter. Don’t eat more than you burn, get thinner. There can be no other way. It has nothing to do with fat shaming, which I don’t do.

For the vast majority of people, yes, it really does boil down to simply “eat less, exercise more and you’ll lose fat”.

of course, how fast one loses fat varies. Young people lose fat faster than old people. Men burn fat faster than women. And so on.

I think people rebel against the old fashioned “eat less and exercise more” regime because we live in a society that values easy fixes.

But even people who get bariatric surgery have to have the willpower to follow through with post-op guidelines. And even bodybuilders who take steroids have to put in insane efforts in the gym and in the kitchen.

eating right and working out is really the only magic bullet out there. Fad diets don’t work, and blaming underlaying health conditions is self-defeating. Most of the conditions in that list may make it harder to lose weight, but none of them make it impossible. And most of them are relatively rare.

It is a measurable Generation Z increase compared to previous generations. "Roughly one in six youth have obesity, according to the newest available data. The data, from the National Survey of Children’s Health, show that in 2019-2A

Too many video games, too much social media, too much screen time over all. Plus the helicopter parenting doesn’t help. When our moms kicked us out of the house during the summer, we had no choice but to ride our bikes and find something to do.

Don’t be such an idiot. Will you get fatter if you stop eating? No, because you’re burning more than you’re consuming. This isn’t f’n rocket science, it’s logic. Eat more than you burn, get fatter. Don’t eat more than you burn, get thinner. There can be no other way. It has nothing to do with fat shaming, which I don’t do.
Again it doesn't work that simply hun. Hormones especially steroid and thyroid involved ones mess with weight harshly....Some women are just fat because of their hormones....starving them will only kill them. I've seen babies with kidney and other health problems put weight on in cycles as well. But again if you want to go up to strangers that weigh more than you do and tell them that they are fat and demand that they lose weight, I think you should you do it. Just make sure you record every incident. You'll eventually cross the right one who will "explain" to what basic good manners are.

Too many video games, too much social media, too much screen time over all. Plus the helicopter parenting doesn’t help. When our moms kicked us out of the house during the summer, we had no choice but to ride our bikes and find something to do.
TBH I'm glad I didn't have the gadget options. I can imagine going wild over a few new inventions at that age, similar to going from no internet to internet being a really big deal. A kid born since 2000 has quickly learned to anticipate new stuff coming out by the month. Speedy times speeding right along. It will be soon time for seatbelts to keep up with it all.

Again it doesn't work that simply hun. Hormones especially steroid and thyroid involved ones mess with weight harshly....Some women are just fat because of their hormones....starving them will only kill them. I've seen babies with kidney and other health problems put weight on in cycles as well. But again if you want to go up to strangers that weigh more than you do and tell them that they are fat and demand that they lose weight, I think you should you do it. Just make sure you record every incident. You'll eventually cross the right one who will "explain" to what basic good manners are.
Again, hon, you’re wrong. That’s why fat people don’t starve to death. I get it, your doctor probably doesn’t want to hurt your feelings, but the truth is, you’ll remain fat until you eat less than what you burn. Thyroid issues may make things more difficult, but no one ever gained weight from breathing air. They gained it by eating more food than they burn through activity.
You telling me to fat shame strangers is a diversion and an irrelevant white flag, btw. Concession accepted.

Last edited:
TBH I'm glad I didn't have the gadget options. I can imagine going wild over a few new inventions at that age, similar to going from no internet to internet being a really big deal. A kid born since 2000 has quickly learned to anticipate new stuff coming out by the month. Speedy times speeding right along. It will be soon time for seatbelts to keep up with it all.
Yeah, I remember the new video consoles every few years being a big deal: Nintendo to SNES to PlayStation, etc. But it didn’t totally monopolize all our waking hours like smart phones and tablets do today. I’m grateful my childhood had time for other stuff.

Forum List

Back