Iran Interior Minister: "Temporary Marriage Is God's Rule"

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
I was looking for a forum within which to post this, but there is no forum labeled "Bizarre." I have traveled a lot and appreciate other cultures, but this is twisted:

Iranian Minister Calls for Temporary Marriages to Fulfill Sexual Desires
Sunday, June 03, 2007

Complete article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277449,00.html?sPage=fnc.world/iran

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's hard-line interior minister is encouraging temporary marriages as a way to avoid extramarital sex, a stance many in this conservative country fear would instead encourage prostitution.

A temporary marriage, or "sigheh," refers to a Shiite Muslim tradition under which a man and a woman sign a contract that allows them to be "married" for any length of time, even a few hours. An exchange of money, as a sort of dowry, is often involved.

Although the practice exists, it's not very common in Iran, a Shiite majority nation where many consider it a license for prostitution. Others, however, have advocated institutionalizing the tradition, saying it would help fight "illicit" sex in a country where sexual relations outside marriage are banned under Islamic law.

"Temporary marriage is God's rule. We must aggressively encourage that," state-run television quoted Interior Minister Mostafa Pourmohammadi as saying.

I was looking for a forum within which to post this, but there is no forum labeled "Bizarre." I have traveled a lot and appreciate other cultures, but this is twisted:

Over here, it's called prostitution, which I believe is illegal in Islam? :cool:

I really dont get why this is so bad.

Two people agreeing on a contract to be tied together for whatever purpose they design.

Think of how many people do these same things without drawing up the perameters of their relationship before hand so both partners know why7 and what they have entered into.

I really dont get why this is so bad.

Two people agreeing on a contract to be tied together for whatever purpose they design.

Think of how many people do these same things without drawing up the perameters of their relationship before hand so both partners know why7 and what they have entered into.
Marriage for a few hours by contract for sex: you "don't get why this is so bad?" You don't get why a government official saying "Temporary marriage is God's rule" is twisted? Look up the word "perverse" in the dictionary and get back to us.

Marriage for a few hours by contract for sex: you "don't get why this is so bad?" You don't get why a government official saying "Temporary marriage is God's rule" is twisted? Look up the word "perverse" in the dictionary and get back to us.

Like I said, it's an Islamic version of the 'white lie'. Prostitution called 'marriage'.

I dont think you can legislate religion.

I think this is better than illegal prostitution.

You will NEVER stop prositution.

How is it 'better' than prostitution?

In prostitution no contract is entered into yet the purchasing of sex still happens.

Think of how much easier it would be to control sexually transmitted diseases would be with this type of transaction.

I have known of marriages which were not much more than a prostitution contract and so have you I bet.

In prostitution no contract is entered into yet the purchasing of sex still happens.

Think of how much easier it would be to control sexually transmitted diseases would be with this type of transaction.

I have known of marriages which were not much more than a prostitution contract and so have you I bet.

Prostitution is a verbal l contract - an agreement between two or more parties for the doing or not doing of something specified. One party agrees to provide sexual activity. The other party agrees to pay for the sexual activity.

Forum List

Back