Same-Sex "Marriage" is a Governmental intrusion of monumental proportions

You are not born gay. I firmly believe there are other issues at bay which help one facilitate the transition to homosexuality. It's unnatural.

Geaux, I don't want to put words in your mouth -- goodness knows it's done to me with amazing regularity -- so tell me if I'm understanding this.

If being gay is a choice that one makes (for whatever reason, as a result of whatever conditions), would you say that allowing gays to legally marry is essentially rewarding aberrant behavior?

Marriage is not a right. It's earned and a blessing. So I don't equate allowing gays to marry to being a 'reward' but just chalk it up to a bad decision. Just because something is voted into law by the 'people' doesn't mean that its constitutional. The courts got this one wrong too. No surprise there when you see what they did to pass Obamacare. But to their credit, they have been sticking it up his rear lately with his lawless EO's

-Geaux

Using quotes from the Bible just doesn't cut it when discussing law. In the column linked in the OP, even that author points out that our society has "allowed" gays to do many things regarding marriage, so why aren't all those things being questioned?

Biblical instructions are at the heart of the anti-gay marriage argument. The other arguments are thin. I at least commend the OP for going straight to Bible quotations, which is the more honest approach. But what that book says is not the basis of our government.

Indeed. No longer are we 'One Nation under God'

-Geaux

Marriage is not a right. It's earned and a blessing. So I don't equate allowing gays to marry to being a 'reward' but just chalk it up to a bad decision. Just because something is voted into law by the 'people' doesn't mean that its constitutional. The courts got this one wrong too. No surprise there when you see what they did to pass Obamacare. But to their credit, they have been sticking it up his rear lately with his lawless EO's

Again, if you are so concerned about marriage being a "blessing", why aren't you complaining about the 50% divorce rate?

You are not born gay. I firmly believe there are other issues at bay which help one facilitate the transition to homosexuality. It's unnatural.

Geaux, I don't want to put words in your mouth -- goodness knows it's done to me with amazing regularity -- so tell me if I'm understanding this.

If being gay is a choice that one makes (for whatever reason, as a result of whatever conditions), would you say that allowing gays to legally marry is essentially rewarding aberrant behavior?

You poor guy. Always the victim and not in any way narcissistic.

Clearly, you are attempting to reason with an unreasonable person here. You are prepared to "give" him his absolutely false contention that homosexuality is a choice.....so you can corner him with a freedom of choice argument. You expect that he might realize that he is a flaming hypocrite and have a change of heart on the marriage issue. Changing hearts and minds, etc.

Aside from the fact that it won't have the desired effect....the person is, after all, unreasonable......your argument stands on weak legs due to your willingness to abandon facts in appealing to the guy's completely fucked up understanding of the issue.

Earmuffs.

-Geaux

How is marriage "earned", precisely?

And again, do you feel that allowing gay marriage is sanctioning aberrant behavior?

Using quotes from the Bible just doesn't cut it when discussing law. In the column linked in the OP, even that author points out that our society has "allowed" gays to do many things regarding marriage, so why aren't all those things being questioned?

Biblical instructions are at the heart of the anti-gay marriage argument. The other arguments are thin. I at least commend the OP for going straight to Bible quotations, which is the more honest approach. But what that book says is not the basis of our government.

Indeed. No longer are we 'One Nation under God'

-Geaux

We never were. That's a construct of the 1950's set into law by a newly baptized president.

Just because something is law, doesn't mean everyone respects it.

You don't have to respect it as long as the law does.

Bigotry toward gays and lesbians is one of those irrational things that will be worn smoother through the sheer attrition of time.

Marriage is not a right.

Actually it is.

It's earned and a blessing. So I don't equate allowing gays to marry to being a 'reward' but just chalk it up to a bad decision. Just because something is voted into law by the 'people' doesn't mean that its constitutional. The courts got this one wrong too. No surprise there when you see what they did to pass Obamacare. But to their credit, they have been sticking it up his rear lately with his lawless EO's
-Geaux

Says you. And you don't even know what our rights are, of which marriage is one. If you're going to deny gays and lesbians their right to marry, you need a valid state interest and a very good reason. And opponents of same sex marriage have neither.

Marriage is not a right. It's earned and a blessing. So I don't equate allowing gays to marry to being a 'reward' but just chalk it up to a bad decision.
The marriage you're talking about is religious tradition with no bearing on marriages allowed by the government. Since institution of religious practice is banned by the Constitution, disallowing same-sex marriages on that basis is unconstitutional.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Everyone knows I'm against gay marriage, and generally, gays IMO, have the big 'G' on their foreheads as the Gay letter,

This country would never have been what its become if our society was hinged on gay culture.

-Geaux

--------------------------------
What's at issue here is not whether people can declare themselves married and find other people to agree with them and treat them as such. No, what's in contention is whether the government should force everyone to recognize such "marriages." Far from being a liberating thing, the forced recognition of same-sex "marriage" is a governmental intrusion of monumental proportions. - See more at: Salvo Magazine - The Tyranny of the Minority by S. T. Karnick

Salvo Magazine - The Tyranny of the Minority by S. T. Karnick

------------------------

It is as simple as this. God said a man will leave his parents and be joined to his wife.

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Jesus confirms this as well since he upheld and taught from Gods laws and showed us how they should be lived.

Matthew 19:4-6
4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

The bible is also quite clear that sex should be between a man and woman in marriage, so since God doesnt recognize Gay Marriages, Gay sex is considered sex outside of marriage and is Sexual Immorality and Sexual Immorality applies to Gay and Straight people and if one lives that lifestyle, the bible is also quite clear, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven if you practice a sexually immoral lifestyle. Jesus and the apostles no where in scriptures accepted Sexual Immorality as okay.

Colossians 3:5-7
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

Galatians 5:19-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Mod Edit - Link removed as it links to another discussion forum.
=================================

The texts of a religious book are not material to the functions of a secular government.

Revelation 21:8 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

My God!!! Birthers will not be allowed into heaven ... for lying!

My God!!! Birthers will not be allowed into heaven ... for lying!

It also somewhat refutes the universal Christian belief that Jesus saves.

It is irrelevant what the bible says in Homosexuality or same sex marriage...except for those wishing to marry under the rules of the bible.

Belief in the Bible is protected by the Constitution... just as one's sexuality is.

This is America....All gods are equal

And of course the OP knows this. This is an attempt to make the "objections to gay marraige be about something that is easily legally defeated"...instead of this which the LGBTs are trembling in their boots about >>> (post 151) 11th Circuit Gears Up For Gay Marriage Case SCOTUS Page 16 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

It also may be an attempt to "start another religions conversation about gay marriage in in order that people don't keep seeing the poll results here" >> Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

You have nothing to worry about. You're not homosexual.

Why do you believe that you have the right to force your beliefs on anyone? Be as christian as you want. Follow all the christian laws you want. What you can't do is force it on our nation. Everyone is free to believe the higher power of their choice.

Why are you so hateful to your fellow Americans and why do you want to violate the constitution?

The bible isn't American law. The Constitution is.

You show with every post how much you hate America, our people and what we stand for.

One last thing, you show how stupid you are and lacking intelligence in the gestation process of a human being.

There are 2 hormone washes that go over the brain of a fetus during gestation. If the wrong hormone is washed, if there is no hormone wash or if not enough of a hormone wash, the result will probably be a gay person. The brains of gay men have been compared to women and the brain of a gay man is identical to a woman's brain. It's called medical science. You might want to check it out.

So yes, they're born that way and no amount of your lies will change that.

joan-holloway-giggling.gif

Let me guess, you're one of those people who believes that the earth is 6000 years old aren't you?

You can laugh all you want but my post is correct.

I notice you didn't answer any of my questions. Which is typical of a person like you.

You don't believe in freedom. You believe everyone has to follow your christian god. Well that's what America is about. Everyone is free to follow the higher power of their choice.

You also don't seem to believe in science. Which isn't surprising to me since you seem to be an evangelical christian right winger. Well here's scientific fact, all human life on this planet starts out female. The female body can't produce male eggs. It's the male Y chromosome in sperm that turns an egg into a male zygote to grow during pregnancy. It's also medical fact that there are 2 hormone washes that goes over the brain of the fetus during gestation. If that wash doesn't happen, if the wrong hormone washes or if there's not enough of the right hormone, it will effect the brain of that fetus. Another scientific fact is that when the brains of homosexual men are compared to female brains, they are the same.

You don't have to believe scientific fact. But you're going to have to deal with the scorn and ridicule that you will experience from most intelligent people.

However it doesn't matter what you think. What matters is the law and constitution of our nation. The fact is you homophobes lost. Our laws and constitution aren't on your side. Homosexuals are getting married in 36 of the 50 states and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it. I won't be surprised if in a few years homosexuals will be able to marry in all of the 50 states.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. You do have to accept it.

I don't have to do anything. And your science is smoke and mirrors more fitting on the Global Warming threads.

Oh, and thanks for the cliff notes from health class.

Just because something is law, doesn't mean everyone respects it.

Add this to the list

Oh, and I have no issue if a guy wants to swap spit with another. Furthermore, I could care less if said gay wanted to have sex with a chicken. Knock it out.... It's just when the PITA villain and his chicken want the social benefits of such union, I have to draw the line

-Geaux

Yup you're one of those people who believes that the earth is 6000 years old. Which doesn't surprise me.

You also don't believe in science or medical facts.

I'm not surprised. You don't post like an educated person and your beliefs are from the stone age.

It makes no difference to me how ignorant you are. Anyone who has taken a basic biology class knows the gestation process of humans. All of us are laughing our asses off at you. We can't believe there's someone in our nation as ignorant as you, who has no problem being that ignorant and is even proud of it.

But there you are in all your ignorance glory. Keep it up. You're wonderful comic relief to all intelligent and educated people.

You have to accept that homosexuals can legally get married in America. It's the law in 36 states and soon will be the law in all 50 states.

There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. So you may as well accept it.

Marriage is not a right. It's earned and a blessing. So I don't equate allowing gays to marry to being a 'reward' but just chalk it up to a bad decision.
The marriage you're talking about is religious tradition with no bearing on marriages allowed by the government. Since institution of religious practice is banned by the Constitution, disallowing same-sex marriages is unconstitutional.
See ^^ This is exactly the shift in the conversation the LGBT cult wants.

They most certainly don't want to talk about how gay marriages strip children involved of the complimentary gender as parent 100% of the time...to the child's formative detriment...or how states are ONLY involved in marriage to incentivize that best formative environment for their future citizens to become an asset and not a damaged burden. Otherwise marriage to states is a fiscal loss. The states need to get something for their money, granting tax breaks for the PRIVELEGE of marriage (it is not a right)

The texts of a religious book are not material to the functions of a secular government.

But who a state incentivizes for the best formative psychological environment for kids IS material to the functions of a secular government.

Let's talk about that, shall we? Shall we talk about how gay marriages strip children involved of the complimentary gender as role model 100% of the time? Why should any state incentivize an inferior formative structure for a child to be raised in?

Everyone knows I'm against gay marriage, and generally, gays IMO, have the big 'G' on their foreheads as the Gay letter,

This country would never have been what its become if our society was hinged on gay culture.

-Geaux

--------------------------------
What's at issue here is not whether people can declare themselves married and find other people to agree with them and treat them as such. No, what's in contention is whether the government should force everyone to recognize such "marriages." Far from being a liberating thing, the forced recognition of same-sex "marriage" is a governmental intrusion of monumental proportions. - See more at: Salvo Magazine - The Tyranny of the Minority by S. T. Karnick

Salvo Magazine - The Tyranny of the Minority by S. T. Karnick

------------------------

It is as simple as this. God said a man will leave his parents and be joined to his wife.

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Jesus confirms this as well since he upheld and taught from Gods laws and showed us how they should be lived.

Matthew 19:4-6
4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

The bible is also quite clear that sex should be between a man and woman in marriage, so since God doesnt recognize Gay Marriages, Gay sex is considered sex outside of marriage and is Sexual Immorality and Sexual Immorality applies to Gay and Straight people and if one lives that lifestyle, the bible is also quite clear, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven if you practice a sexually immoral lifestyle. Jesus and the apostles no where in scriptures accepted Sexual Immorality as okay.

Colossians 3:5-7
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

Galatians 5:19-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Mod Edit - Link removed as it links to another discussion forum.
=================================

You are reading a very poorly translated bible. In other words, someone with an agenda is telling you what the bible says. (what they want it to say.)

Were you born a homophobe or is it just a lifestyle choice?

Forum List

Back