Insurrectionists To Use Mis-information as a Defense.

Insurrectionists? You still calling them that? Even the justice system isnt calling them that.
Because.
Cult.
:lol:

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Falsehoods about the election helped bring insurrectionists to the Capitol on Jan. 6, and now some who are facing criminal charges for their actions during the riot hope their gullibility might save them or at least engender some sympathy.

The article continues:

Albert Watkins, the St. Louis attorney representing Jacob Chansley, the so-called QAnon shaman, likened the process to brainwashing, or falling into the clutches of a cult. Repeated exposure to falsehood and incendiary rhetoric, Watkins said, ultimately overwhelmed his client’s ability to discern reality.

“He is not crazy,” Watkins said. “The people who fell in love with (cult leader) Jim Jones and went down to Guyana, they had husbands and wives and lives. And then they drank the Kool-Aid.”

Similar legal arguments failed to exonerate Lee Boyd Malvo, who at age 17 joined John Allen Mohammed in a sniper spree that killed 10 people in the Washington, D.C., area in 2002. His lawyers tried to argue that Malvo wasn’t responsible for his actions because he had been deluded by the older Mohammed.

It is good to see that the "shaman" is willing to distance himself from the beliefs he (and many here) harbor/harbored. Perhaps there is hope for the Trump supporters afterall.

But look at the lengths they had to go through to eliminate the brainwashing? There's no hope for anyone else.

Bottom line is those that took part in the insurrection against our government thought they were man enough to do it. Now they ought to be man enough to say, "Yes, I did it, guilty as charged", instead of trying to pass off their personal responsibility for their personal acts against The United States of America. Like all cowards, only brave enough to act, when there are others with them, now it is coming time to answer for what they personally did individually. Sentencing should be harsh to discourage the foolish from attempting to attack their country again and to discourage others from such foolish, destructive, unpatriotic acts against our country.
The truly unpatriotic acts were the election frauds that caused all this protesting to occur in the first place. Hopefully the audit in Arizona, and the clear-cut coverup of fraud by the Maricopa County officials, and Dominion, both of whom have been predictably hostile to the audit, and uncooperative with it, will spur some action to rectify the whole situation, as well as in other battleground states.

These should culminate in the removals of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris from office and some US Senators also. And yes, sentencing should be harsh.
And when the audits show nothing...should there be harsh punishment for those who wasted public monies on this exercise in futility?
What? Like the same harsh punishment received by those who threw taxpayer money on two entirely bogus impeachment trials?

Bottom line is those that took part in the insurrection against our government thought they were man enough to do it. Now they ought to be man enough to say, "Yes, I did it, guilty as charged", instead of trying to pass off their personal responsibility for their personal acts against The United States of America. Like all cowards, only brave enough to act, when there are others with them, now it is coming time to answer for what they personally did individually. Sentencing should be harsh to discourage the foolish from attempting to attack their country again and to discourage others from such foolish, destructive, unpatriotic acts against our country.
The truly unpatriotic acts were the election frauds that caused all this protesting to occur in the first place. Hopefully the audit in Arizona, and the clear-cut coverup of fraud by the Maricopa County officials, and Dominion, both of whom have been predictably hostile to the audit, and uncooperative with it, will spur some action to rectify the whole situation, as well as in other battleground states.

These should culminate in the removals of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris from office and some US Senators also. And yes, sentencing should be harsh.
There was no election fraud that changed the outcome. Changing outcome is what trump and the insurrectionists attempt, but failed.

There was no election fraud that changed the outcome. Changing outcome is what trump and the insurrectionists attempt, but failed.
You are living proof that De Nial is more than just a river.

Wow. You poor, poor thing. Nothing or nobody will convince you. I kind of feel sorry for you. Hope you get to feeling better. I suspect you will be stuck with the outcome of elections having to count until you move to some 3rd world sh#thole, but doubt you would like it there any better. You could renounce citizenship or stake citizenship in Russia, where voting is kind of a joke. Stephen Segal even became a party member over there today.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Falsehoods about the election helped bring insurrectionists to the Capitol on Jan. 6, and now some who are facing criminal charges for their actions during the riot hope their gullibility might save them or at least engender some sympathy.

The article continues:

Albert Watkins, the St. Louis attorney representing Jacob Chansley, the so-called QAnon shaman, likened the process to brainwashing, or falling into the clutches of a cult. Repeated exposure to falsehood and incendiary rhetoric, Watkins said, ultimately overwhelmed his client’s ability to discern reality.

“He is not crazy,” Watkins said. “The people who fell in love with (cult leader) Jim Jones and went down to Guyana, they had husbands and wives and lives. And then they drank the Kool-Aid.”

Similar legal arguments failed to exonerate Lee Boyd Malvo, who at age 17 joined John Allen Mohammed in a sniper spree that killed 10 people in the Washington, D.C., area in 2002. His lawyers tried to argue that Malvo wasn’t responsible for his actions because he had been deluded by the older Mohammed.

It is good to see that the "shaman" is willing to distance himself from the beliefs he (and many here) harbor/harbored. Perhaps there is hope for the Trump supporters afterall.
So?
Did they not know what they were doing is illegal?
Ignorance of the law and so forth.

Roll or go to prison.

The article continues:

I do not mind them using misinformation as a defense, though it is no personal defense to say you fell for misinformation. Sounds akin to ignorance in no excuse for the law. Doubt pleading stupid will help.
I don't mind them blaming trump for revving them up and sending them, if that is what they think he did. Still, it is just another way of pleading stupid when charged with criminal offenses when they participated in treasonous attack on the government of our country, in trying to stop the official electoral votes from being counted, ie, trying to overthrow the election by mob force.
Face it. Donny may have revved them up and talked about marching down with them, but just like draft time for the military, he sat that part out, watching happily on TV instead of leading the frey, not even calling it off or green-lighting the military to protect the capital building structure and those inside. Therefore, it took hours before the guard was authorized to send reinforcement and too late for them to do any good.
Agreed.

I, of course, think they were all nuts. However, if this is what they feel was the correct course of action to take and they really imagine themselves as patriots...one would think they would happy stand in the stocks and take whatever punishment is dealt out to them. I think it's dawning on them that they were sold a bill of goods and were bamboozled.
White people aren't real good at accepting responsibility or punishment for their acts.
AND
They have 200 years of history to back them up.

The article continues:

I do not mind them using misinformation as a defense, though it is no personal defense to say you fell for misinformation. Sounds akin to ignorance in no excuse for the law. Doubt pleading stupid will help.
I don't mind them blaming trump for revving them up and sending them, if that is what they think he did. Still, it is just another way of pleading stupid when charged with criminal offenses when they participated in treasonous attack on the government of our country, in trying to stop the official electoral votes from being counted, ie, trying to overthrow the election by mob force.
Face it. Donny may have revved them up and talked about marching down with them, but just like draft time for the military, he sat that part out, watching happily on TV instead of leading the frey, not even calling it off or green-lighting the military to protect the capital building structure and those inside. Therefore, it took hours before the guard was authorized to send reinforcement and too late for them to do any good.
Agreed.

I, of course, think they were all nuts. However, if this is what they feel was the correct course of action to take and they really imagine themselves as patriots...one would think they would happy stand in the stocks and take whatever punishment is dealt out to them. I think it's dawning on them that they were sold a bill of goods and were bamboozled.
White people aren't real good at accepting responsibility or punishment for their acts.
AND
Racist.

The article continues:

Agreed.

AND
Racist.
It's just history.
Can't change history.
Maybe change you?

Wow. You poor, poor thing. Nothing or nobody will convince you. I kind of feel sorry for you. Hope you get to feeling better. I suspect you will be stuck with the outcome of elections having to count until you move to some 3rd world sh#thole, but doubt you would like it there any better. You could renounce citizenship or stake citizenship in Russia, where voting is kind of a joke. Stephen Segal even became a party member over there today.
Wish the actual votes in this last election had counted but we are currently stuck with the coup.

Wish the actual votes in this last election had counted but we are currently stuck with the coup.
No/ The Jan 6 coup failed. the electoral votes of the states, as decided by the vote of the people in the states, approved by the election commissions of the state and signed of by the Governors of the states, was accepted and recorded into history, making Joe Biden President of The United States of America in strict accordance with the constitution. Suck it up, Buttercup. :funnyface: Your boy trump lost, cause he got his ass whipped :spank: and was rejected at the polls:nono:. Then his fake election lawsuits lost or where kicked out of courts for lack of evidence or sometimes trump's lawyers refused to accuse fraud, when asked by the judge, so you guys lost 62 out of 63 court battles on the election. Are all you guys going to cry yourselves to sleep:crybaby: for the next 3 1/2 years while President Biden enjoy consistent approval ratings unseen in 30 years? No Drama, Centrist, Middle Class Joe is the way to go. :dance:

No/ The Jan 6 coup failed. the electoral votes of the states, as decided by the vote of the people in the states, approved by the election commissions of the state and signed of by the Governors of the states, was accepted and recorded into history, making Joe Biden President of The United States of America in strict accordance with the constitution. Suck it up, Buttercup. :funnyface: Your boy trump lost, cause he got his ass whipped :spank: and was rejected at the polls:nono:. Then his fake election lawsuits lost or where kicked out of courts for lack of evidence or sometimes trump's lawyers refused to accuse fraud, when asked by the judge, so you guys lost 62 out of 63 court battles on the election. Are all you guys going to cry yourselves to sleep:crybaby: for the next 3 1/2 years while President Biden enjoy consistent approval ratings unseen in 30 years? No Drama, Centrist, Middle Class Joe is the way to go. :dance:
You have no idea what Biden is doing. That posts shows how uninformed you are. Have you left your house in the last year and a half?

You have no idea what Biden is doing. That posts shows how uninformed you are. Have you left your house in the last year and a half?
Yep. Been out a lot. I even got out and voted for Joe Biden in person, cause after all was said and done, he was the best man for the job. So far, he's doing fine, just like I expected he would. It's good down here. Sorry it sucks so much for you, but that's just the way it goes, Loser.:saythat:

But speaking of racists.

Joe Biden Says Black Entrepreneurs Don’t Succeed Like Whites Because They Don’t Know How to Find Lawyers or Accountants (VIDEO)​

Please.

You fools couldn't get a quote right if Joe typed it, signed it, translated and it into stupid so every Trumpinista could understand.

But speaking of racists.

Joe Biden Says Black Entrepreneurs Don’t Succeed Like Whites Because They Don’t Know How to Find Lawyers or Accountants (VIDEO)​

Please.

You fools couldn't get a quote right if Joe typed it, signed it, translated and it into stupid so every Trumpinista could understand.
It is not anyone's fault Biden mumbles incoherently.

Forum List

Back