I'm so old that.....

The Rolling Stones came after. Copycats, I told myself. I didn't like them. At first. :lol:

I remember watching this on our tiny little black and white Motorola tv, as it was being aired for the first time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rememer when the words over johns head appeared that said "Sorry ladies...he is married"?
That was WAY before yoko.

Do your remember the typing classes during summer school. One of the best things I did in HS.

I am so old that I remember the times when all of what you, greedy capitalists, were planning to do was to nuke the greatest country of the ruling working class :D

and when the bubble gum some of us were receiving by mail from the relatives living in the center of the evil imperialism was making us the most popular in the whole school ))))

Last edited:
Do your remember the typing classes during summer school. One of the best things I did in HS.

Summer school? I took it during regular school. Two years of that, and a year of model office in vo-tech. I was ready to roll!!

I love glee club, Friday night smash football and beanball baseball (played against Chris Chambliss and Steve Busby), after game dances that all the Baptist girls snuck into (told their moms they were at slumber parties), beach parties where we would sneak with our girl down out of light of the bonfire, impress the girls by swimming out into the ocean then through the jetty into the warm water lagoon where the energy plant discharged the cooling water (and the girls would impress us by following us right into the lagoon).

I had forgotten how those girls could swim. My first wife told me it was part of girl training for catching boys. :lol:

Last edited:
The Baltimore Colts

The Houston Oilers

Minnesota North Stars

When Pro Wrestling WAS REAL!

Hamm's Beer (from the land of sky blue waters)

Last edited:
I remember watching baseball on TV with my dad and him pointing to the TV and saying, you see that guy, number 7? He's going to be a star some day.

I'm so old I remember (and used) the old wooden wall crank phones! Seriously! Phone party lines and even in my first job some rural areas still had 3 digit phone numbers and you had to link up with three or four other operators in other towns to get a call into a REALLY rural area.

I remember Boston Blackie and The Shadow on radio. I saw the original Lassie, RinTinTin, Mickey Mouse Club, Ted Mack and his Amateur Hour on TV (I even auditioned for the show once) the Liberace Show, Lucky Strike Hit Parade ... American Bandstand.

I MISS going to a service station and having everything done without asking - windows, oil check, tires checked, gas pumped. I still believe that sort of stuff was one reason God made men for us.

I actually worked for an answering service that used switchboards.

Forum List

Back