I'm so old that.....

I remember watching baseball on TV with my dad and him pointing to the TV and saying, you see that guy, number 7? He's going to be a star some day.

I remember watching basketball and everyone on the team was white.

Last b ball game I watched all the way through, at one point, there were 10 white guys on the court. It was a playoff game between the Pistons and the Celtics. 1985, I think.

--LOL

thanks

our rotary dial phone was mounted in the hall between the bathroom and kitchen

my dad being the nice guy he was

wanted mom to have some freedom while on the phone

and had a long springy cord attached to the handle

so she could wonder off into the kitchen and stuff while talking on the phone

only problem was the phone cord usually ran over the stove --LOL

she burnt that cord off several times

each time it was wired back together and a foot or so shorter

--LOL
I'm old enough to remember party lines.......and I'm not talkin cocaine.

we had one at first too

there was one lady that liked to listen in

--LOL

When a teacher asked me for my home phone, I told her 1191 and hang up until it stops ringing.

I remember watching commercials for 20 mule team borax.

I remember buying gas for my dirt bike at $0.25 / gallon.

I remember watching Dark Shadows live.

I remember the Jackie Gleason show before Ralph Kramden was invented.

BR549

I remember when I first saw Lucy's hair really was red.

I remember watching "The Dude's" father on TV.

I remember being my Dad's remote control.

I remember climbing the antenna every Sunday to get the ballgame in clearer.

Cisco wasn't a company and he rode with Pancho.
Who WAS that masked man?

Hi ho Silver. Away!

We're going to have a really big shoe.

iron lungs....

many people think of these as the good old days....i do not....sure gas was cheap.....but we had no defense against many diseases....walk thru a graveyard and look at the infant graves in the early 50's...its heartbreaking....and remember all the 2nd and 3rd blue babies? who died shortly after birth cause they didnt know about the rh factor?

dont even look in the rear view mirror...we aint going there

:eek:

you have to be kidding. are you THAT old? ;)

The first mention of a preventive treatment for newborns with Rh disease appeared on April 24, 1947, in a report of a conference at which Dr. Philip Levine said that “the destruction of red blood cells in new-born babies of mothers with an Rh disturbance in their blood may be controlled if the Rh negative pregnant woman receives only Rh negative blood in the event of a transfusion,” and that her baby “may be saved by the transfusion of Rh negative blood.” Unfortunately, he added, blood tests for the Rh factor were not widely available to pregnant women.

But they were available to lawyers and their clients. On July 21, 1947, The Times reported the first use of the Rh factor, an inherited trait, as a test of parentage in a court case. The judge decided that on the basis of the man’s Rh test he could not be the father

It was not until Sept. 11, 1965, that the paper reported on clinical trials of a drug treatment for Rh disease. The article did not refer to the substance by name, but this was the first test of Rh immune globulin, a solution of antibodies derived from human plasma.

I'm so old I REMEMBER the first moving picture I saw. (a movie in a theater)

AFTER THAT, then I saw my second moving picture... my first glimse at a TV picture (Capt Video)

How bout sneaking into the Drive In Theater in the trunk of the car!

Doctors making house calls

Fuller brush men, avon Ladies and Watkins

Milk being delivered to your house and being left in the little aluminum box next to the front door. Imagine that happening today

From my teen years. Tube tops and hot pants. Groovy!

I remember back when $100 was one hell of a lot of money.

Nowadays it won't cover an evening for two.

I remember the first time our grocery bill hit over $100.00. It was 14 feet long. I wanted Dad to save it. We shopped every two weeks at the commissary.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I'm so old I remember (and used) the old wooden wall crank phones! Seriously! Phone party lines and even in my first job some rural areas still had 3 digit phone numbers and you had to link up with three or four other operators in other towns to get a call into a REALLY rural area.

I remember Boston Blackie and The Shadow on radio. I saw the original Lassie, RinTinTin, Mickey Mouse Club, Ted Mack and his Amateur Hour on TV (I even auditioned for the show once) the Liberace Show, Lucky Strike Hit Parade ... American Bandstand.

I MISS going to a service station and having everything done without asking - windows, oil check, tires checked, gas pumped. I still believe that sort of stuff was one reason God made men for us.

I actually worked for an answering service that used switchboards.

My first job was as a long distance operator - headsets plugged into switchboards and two cords jacked for each phone call - one incoming and one outgoing. (YEAH! REAL PEOPLE providing service to customers!!!) And we had lightweight cardboard "tickets" that we filled out call information and then "slammed" them into an instrument called a "calculagraph" and jerked back the handle to begin time and slam it and jerk when the call ended - none of this high tech stuff like we have today. What we did have, though, was SERVICE by humans to humans.

I remember when Christ was a corporal
Hotdogs were 2 for a quarter
Candy bars were a nickel
Penny candy
Gas 29 cents a gallon
polaroid instamatic
transistor radios

I remember when Christ was a corporal
Hotdogs were 2 for a quarter
Candy bars were a nickel
Penny candy
Gas 29 cents a gallon
polaroid instamatic
transistor radios

Even half cent candy, so you had to buy something else that was half a cent with it, or by two to make a penny.

I'm so old I remember when people used to start revolutions over tax increases and gun confiscation.

Forum List

Back