I'm so old that.....

Blinking Christmas lights were all the must haves.

Zenith came out with the "Zoom" feature on their "remotes". (meaning one of my chores was replaced by a machine:)

put a quarter into the soda machine, yank out 2 bottles (if you were good) then come back when done and put the empties in a box for re-use

Zenith came out with the "Zoom" feature on their "remotes". (meaning one of my chores was replaced by a machine:)

put a quarter into the soda machine, yank out 2 bottles (if you were good) then come back when done and put the empties in a box for re-use

There are still a couple places around here that use those type of drink machines
One is the barber shop I go to.

There are still a couple places around here that use those type of drink machines

wut?

I haven't seen glass soda bottles in a very long time.

Where do you live that has Two of these machines?

AND

A barber shop

There was a barber shop in Jasper, Texas that had a machine like that.

Some time ago.

wut?

AND

A barber shop

I'm due a haircut soon I'll take a pic for you.
As for the glass soda bottles there are a lot of country stores around here that are niot within the city limits that sale bottle drinks.
Several between here and mooresville.

I'm so old I remember when people used to start revolutions over tax increases and gun confiscation.

You have got to be the oldest one in this thread.

$thCAVHSHRM.jpg

Who are you calling old honey?

I'll have you know that I'll be the next President of the Disunited States.

I remember when McDonald's used to count how many burgers they sold on all their signs. And it was in the millions. I remember when they passed 100 million.

I remember that claymation Sunday morning show with Davey and his dog Goliath.

I learned to type on a manual typewriter.

wut?

AND

A barber shop

I remember beer and soda cans had to be opened with a can opener that made triangular holes.

I remember being a carhop.

Do carhops still exist?

I miss A&W drive-ins.

For youngsters, that's drive-in, not drive-thru. You ordered over a speaker and then a carhop would put a tray of food on your car window. It was awesome.

And then we would go the drive-in movies.

That was when cars were as large as a city block.

Good times.

I remember when McDonald's used to count how many burgers they sold on all their signs. And it was in the millions. I remember when they passed 100 million.

I remember that claymation Sunday morning show with Davey and his dog Goliath.

I learned to type on a manual typewriter.

Lol, I remember changing those numbers! Long ladder. Seemed they had to be changed only when the wind was blowing 40 mph or more!

I remember being a carhop.

Do carhops still exist?

At a couple of places... What's the national chain... Sonic!

There was a girl at school that my older sister completely despised. She worked part-time at my dad's clinic, and we heard a fair amount of "Julie this" and "Julie that," "Julie is so wonderful" yada-yada, blah-blah bullshit.

I am dead serious, hand-to-God, I dumped that chocolate milkshake on her head by accident. Her window was too far up!

My sister laughed her ass off. Julie, not so much.

I actually worked at a car hop place while I was in high school. I flipped burgers and what not. I actually opened the place Sunday morning at 9 and was alone til almost noon. I didn't wait on cars, but I cooked waited and bused by myself for an average of 150 customers in that 3 hours. I was nearly dead by the time the boss and the girls got there.

I actually worked at a car hop place while I was in high school. I flipped burgers and what not. I actually opened the place Sunday morning at 9 and was alone til almost noon. I didn't wait on cars, but I cooked waited and bused by myself for an average of 150 customers in that 3 hours. I was nearly dead by the time the boss and the girls got there.

Ranchero!! I couldn't remember the name of the place. Other end of town from A&W.

I remember a one-room school house in Clear Spring, Pennsylvania that taught grades 1 through 6. There was no plumbing and two boys would fetch drinking water from a nearby farmhouse. The room was heated in the winter by a port bellied stove. Some of us kids would bring potatoes to school and the teacher would bake them in the stove for our lunch.

Hesteds and Woolworths

Woolworths had a Soda Fountain, so the parents would leave us there while they went shopping

Most of the time they would come get us when they were done

Most of the time........

Forum List

Back