I'm so old that.....

Those were the days.
I remember walking into a convenience store and walking out with a six pack of beer and a pack of smokes and still having enough left to buy three gallons of gas.

I remember when convenience stores were called gas stations.

I'm so old I remember when gas stations did not have unleaded gasoline.

I also remember buying a soda for a nickel. And a candy bar for a nickel.
I'm so old I've bought gas from one of these.
1930_pic2.jpg

I'm so old I've walked across the room to change a TV channel. To a UHF station!

I'm so old I've used the Yellow Pages.

I'm so old my mother bought a popcorn popper with S&H Green Stamps.

I'm so old I've popped popcorn in a popcorn popper.

I'm so old I've popped Jiffy Pop popcorn on an electric stove top.

I'm so old I've owned a toy gun made of real wood and steel. And it shot a paper roll of caps.

Last edited:
I'm so old I've bought X-ray specs from an ad in a comic book.

I'm so old I remember that everything you ordered via the mail took 6 - 8 weeks for delivery.

I'm so old I've walked across the room to change a TV channel. To a UHF station!

I'm so old I've used the Yellow Pages.

I'm so old my mother bought a popcorn popper with S&H Green Stamps.

I'm so old I've popped popcorn in a popcorn popper.

I'm so old I've popped Jiffy Pop popcorn on an electric stove top.

I'm so old I've owned a toy gun made of real wood and steel. And it shot a paper roll of caps.

UHF was the snowy antenna version of cable.
I've traded for S&H green stamps
Jiffy pop in the pan

I'm so old I remember when you talked about a phone the land line with a cord was your only option
I remember local calls was 5 numbers
My state only had 2 area codes.

I remember .25 would buy you 25 peices of candy

Those were the days.
I remember walking into a convenience store and walking out with a six pack of beer and a pack of smokes and still having enough left to buy three gallons of gas.

I remember when convenience stores were called gas stations.

And the gas stations had attendants, that pumped your gas, washed your windshield and checked your oil.

My HS job from 1975- spring 1979. The tips were better than the min wage

Looking for soda bottles to cash in for an ice cream bar and another soda was a pleasant way to spend a summer afternoon.

I'm so old, I bought 5 sticks of gum in a package for a nickle. I played kickball in the street with the neighbor kids. I played Hide and Seek outside at night in the summer. I borrowed my sister's skates and had to use a skate key to put them on my shoes. I watched the original Micky Mouse show and listened to 45 rpm stories like "The Littlest Angel". I had to do math in my head or with a pencil and paper all through high school. I had to look up things in an "encyclopedia" in the library rather that "google" them.

I had to walk clear across the living room, in 10 feet of snow, uphill, both ways, just to turn the channel on the TV, and when I got there, we didn't have any wimpy push buttons, no we had to crank that channel by hand, and if we were lucky, we had 3 television station choices, ABC, NBC or CBS (which often didn't come in clearly). And if we wanted to watch a specific show, we actually had to watch it while it aired. When "The Wizard of Oz" was on, no one was on the streets.

The local 7/11 was open only from 7am to 11pm. Other grocery stores closed by 8 or 9pm.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! Encyclopedias! The teacher could always tell when you were plagiarizing from the Encyclopedia Britannica (every family had it). Every year, kids would lift the same material on the same subject from the same book. :lol:

I'm so old, I still miss My Friend Flicka and my second favorite show was Sky King.

In the summer leaving the house at 7am, returning at 5 for dinner and not having the rents ask "Where were you?"

I'm so old that I met Hector Boyardee when I was a kid. You know, Chef Boyardee. Yes, he was a real person.

He told me to call him Uncle Hector. I'm so old, that didn't seem creepy to me.

Forum List

Back