I'm having a discussion with another poster about sex education

That is exactly why I don't want them teaching my kids sex ed.
So you want them to be ignorant, you want them to treat people differently just because of who they love. That's sad, hopefully they forgive you in their hearts and know better already. Children are a lot smarter than you think.

I wonder if the kids are taught about the employment opportunities resulting from premarital sex, in the fields of medicine, social welfare, law enforcement, counselling, adjudication, psychology, psychiatry, advocacy, etc.
? This doesn't even make sense.

What would be an appropriate age to teach sex education? I’m not sure, maybe parents should have a say in it.

My father would have cut his throat before he would have a serious conversation with me about anything. :(
If I told my father I was gay he would have killed me on the spot. My mother was a good Catholic, first and foremost, and wouldn't even talk about sex, she was taken out of school when she was 12 to work basically as a indentured servant in a Jewish home. Whatever little monetary wages she got was given to her parents not her. My dad, a coal miner and a big drinker was on his best behavior and basically courted my mother's parents. He won them over and the prize was my mother. She had little to say in the matter. That's the way it was back then. I can't believe how far we've come in our understanding of human relationships.

What would be an appropriate age to teach sex education? I’m not sure, maybe parents should have a say in it.
Statistics might be a good barometer. In 2017 young females 14 and under had 7,400 abortions. So it would seem that sex education should occur well before that. I'm sure the experts don't need any help from parents and deciding what is age-appropriate sex education for individual grades. Personally I did not know what sex was until I was 12, I guess I was a late bloomer. By 16 I actually experienced it. So 16 we're definitely be too late for most children. Education keeps them safer.

Not Superior just equally legitimate, after centuries of being called sins or crimes or both. It's finally time we grew out of that insanity.
On that, I have to agree with you. I put myself through law school by beating, paddling and whipping men. I can understand crush fetish being against the law but sexual asphyxiation should be legal even if there are a few accidents now and then.

On that, I have to agree with you. I put myself through law school by beating, paddling and whipping men. I can understand crush fetish being against the law but sexual asphyxiation should be legal even if there are a few accidents now and then.
Wow, you are really out there. I don't think they'll ever treat you that in sex education, don't get your hopes up.

And may you have a son who grows up to be a brain surgeon?
At age 12 I decided not to marry not to have any children. While I was going to college I gave to the sperm bank several times. My type, blonde hair green eyes was the second most desirable choice of women seeking in vitro fertilization at that time. Blonde haired, blue eyed men were the number one choice. They told me that each donation could provide up to 14 in vitro fertilizations. I gave at least a dozen times, so you do the math. I'm sure there's dozens of people out there that share half of my genetic makeup.

Not Superior just equally legitimate, after centuries of being called sins or crimes or both. It's finally time we grew out of that insanity.

Ironic to your statement many who live those lifestyles have mental and emotional problems.

Most homosexuals are well adjusted. The few who seek help are the ones tortured but barbaric ideas about sexual orientation from either family, or church ties or both.
I have a gay nephew who was tortured by his orientation but didn't blame anyone. He finally came to grips with it after anguishing for many years. He was in a committed relationship for about ten years but after that fell apart he hasn't sought another and seems quite content being 'single'. That said he still has personality problems relating to it, but we love him anyway.

I have a gay nephew who was tortured by his orientation but didn't blame anyone. He finally came to grips with it after anguishing for many years. He was in a committed relationship for about ten years but after that fell apart he hasn't sought another and seems quite content being 'single'. That said he still has personality problems relating to it, but we love him anyway.
Love is the reason in every season.

As lovable as babies are out-of-wedlock births have set back, or destroyed, the future plans of countless kids that were unable, or unwilling, to control their hormones. Other family members are negatively affected as well, often to the extent that they become the custodians of these children. This should not only be 'touched on' but should be demonstrated in the most realistic way by educators, along with other negative effects.

Last edited:
As cute and lovable as babies are out-of-wedlock births have set back, or destroyed, the future plans of countless kids that were unable, or unwilling, to control their hormones. Other family members are negatively affected as well, often to the extent that they become the custodians of these children. This should not only be 'touched on' but should be demonstrated in the most realistic way by educators, along with graphic accounts of the physical, emotional, and social effects. A foreboding sense of shame and guilt should also be implicit in these lessons as the damage isn't limited to the participants.
I think you're wrong about the guilt and shame part. Primitive emotions have no place in sex education. It is an education needs to be pragmatic, it can't be emotional.

I think you're wrong about the guilt and shame part. Primitive emotions have no place in sex education. It is an education needs to be pragmatic, it can't be emotional.
Thanks. Revisit my post, I edited that part out, as most will already feel guilt and shame.

Forum List

Back