I'm having a discussion with another poster about sex education

Nope. It's every parent's duty to take their son to a bordello when he reaches the age of 16. That way he won't learn to be a gay cross-dreeser like they teach in school.
I have no doubt scumbags have to pay women to pretend to be excited about your micropeen. This seems quite predictable for your kind.

How realistic or credible is it to each six-year-olds the correct way to don a condom?
About as real as this. The youngest female ever to give birth was a five-year-old girl, exactly 5 years old 7 months and 21 days old when she gave birth. A 10-year-old in Brazil was the youngest female to ever have an abortion. Here in the United States in 2017 there were 7,400 females 14 and younger who had abortions. In the 15 to 19-year-old range there were 448,000 abortions. So what age do you think is relevant to start teaching children about sex education in order to reach all of them before atrocities like these befall them.

Nope. It's every parent's duty to take their son to a bordello when he reaches the age of 16. That way he won't learn to be a gay cross-dreeser like they teach in school.

Not really sure how to handle the daughter's education though.
The best way to approach a conversation about sex with your children is to inform them several days before that you want to talk about it with them.

The best way to begin exploring the subject is to ask them what they know about sex. A constructive conversation will likely flow from there.

That probably is true, but how much of that information is realistic and credible. Especially when you start talking about the internet.
Agree. And visiting internet sex sites is the perfect gateway to some serious problems.

About as real as this. The youngest female ever to give birth was a five-year-old girl, exactly 5 years old 7 months and 21 days old when she gave birth. A 10-year-old in Brazil was the youngest female to ever have an abortion. Here in the United States in 2017 there were 7,400 females 14 and younger who had abortions. In the 15 to 19-year-old range there were 448,000 abortions. So what age do you think is relevant to start teaching children about sex education in order to reach all of them before atrocities like these befall them.
When the parents deem it appropriate. The school system shouldn't be teaching the subject until first year of middle school--after the parents have had the opportunity to teach their children.

The best way to approach a conversation about sex with your children is to inform them several days before that you want to talk about it with them.

The best way to begin exploring the subject is to ask them what they know about sex. A constructive conversation will likely flow from there.
Good news, it's gone up to 43%. Only 43% of parents feel comfortable in talking to their children about sex. The bad news is, some of them don't even have the right information that their children need or want. At school you can ask a whole bunch of questions and not worry about the consequences of your asking the questions.

Good news, it's gone up to 43%. Only 43% of parents feel comfortable in talking to their children about sex. The bad news is, some of them don't even have the right information that their children need or want. At school you can ask a whole bunch of questions and not worry about the consequences of your asking the questions.
In a classroom setting few kids will ask any questions...about anything.

In a classroom setting few kids will ask any questions...about anything.
And you think they'd ask their parents more questions ? That's not the case, especially if there's any inkling of disapproval.

Teaching kids about sex is one thing. Persuading them is another. Most classes about sex don't contain the persuaders needed to close the deal.

Teaching kids about sex is one thing. Persuading them is another. Most classes about sex don't contain the persuaders needed to close the deal.
Persuasion ?, no it's called sex education for a reason.

Everything is age appropriate there.

I take it you are in favor of the state raising your children because in your mind, parents aren't qualified. Is that what I am hearing? Schools are responsible for the 3 Rs alone until middle school when the child is old enough to have enough parental education to resist indoctrination by the state.

Why does it hurt when I pee?
Another good point, sexual diseases are rampant in 15 to 19 year olds. Good sex education in schools will help lower those numbers, as well as reduce unwanted pregnancies. Education is always the key. And working single moms trying to hold down two jobs have very little time to have " the talk " with their children, or single dads, they're even less likely to have " the talk ".

And you think they'd ask their parents more questions ? That's not the case, especially if there's any inkling of disapproval.
Another good point, sexual diseases are rampant in 15 to 19 year olds. Good sex education in schools will help lower those numbers, as well as reduce unwanted pregnancies. Education is always the key. And working single moms trying to hold down two jobs have very little time to have " the talk " with their children, or single dads, they're even less likely to have " the talk ".
I would like to view the materials that are being taught in school.

I'm having a discussion with the another poster about sex education. She is supposed to it being taught in school. I support it wholeheartedly. I'd like to do a little survey. It's simple, how many of you are here had a thorough and honest sex education talk with your parents. Also, were you or your parents uncomfortable about talking about it. That's it in a nutshell. Thanks for your cooperation. May you now and always enjoy every aspect of your life. Enjoy.
I have two daughters. My wife did the talking.

I would like to view the materials that are being taught in school.
I'm an old man, school was another lifetime ago. Today's kids need all the help they can get and that's what education is it helps, ignorance does not.

I have two daughters. My wife did the talking.
You are the exception to the rule, good for you guys. When I was growing up none of us had " the talk ", and sex education didn't exist to speak of.

I take it you are in favor of the state raising your children because in your mind, parents aren't qualified. Is that what I am hearing? Schools are responsible for the 3 Rs alone until middle school when the child is old enough to have enough parental education to resist indoctrination by the state.
Parents only present limited information. The schools have (or should have) all of the information, and are (or should be) proficient in presenting it.

You are the exception to the rule, good for you guys. When I was growing up none of us had " the talk ", and sex education didn't exist to speak of.
I learned in 3rd grade after speaking with my friends. It just happened? IDK?

Girls likely knew before my wife spoke w/ them

Forum List

Back