Illusion vs. Reality: The Rampant Voter Fraud Myth

If you think voter fraud is a myth you are an idiot, period.

May 17, 2012: Voter-Registration Fraud in Florida

[Florida's local election] supervisors, meeting at their annual summer conference, peppered state election officials with questions about the list of more than 2,600 people who have been identified as being in Florida legally but ineligible to vote. That list was sent to supervisors recently, but state officials have also said there may be as many as 182,000 registered voters who may not be citizens.

The questions about voter eligibility surface as the state continues its months-long efforts to scrub the rolls, including asking supervisors to remove more than 53,000 dead people discovered by comparing voter rolls to federal Social Security files. This was the first time the state checked the files.

Florida law requires voters to be a U.S. citizen residing in the state. Florida also does not allow someone to vote if they are a convicted felon and have not had their civil rights restored.

The state has been responsible for helping screen voters since 2006 when it launched a statewide voter registration database. The state database is supposed to check the names of registered voters against other databases, including ones that contain the names of people who have died and people who have been sent to prison.

Prior to the launch of the database, Florida had come under fire for previous efforts to remove felons from the voting rolls, including a purge that happened right before the 2000 presidential election. (Source) and (Source) and (Source) and (Source)

May 29, 2012: Voter Fraud in Florida

Just last month Florida election officials were denied help by the feds to confirm citizenship status (and voter fraud) for an estimated 180,000 illegal immigrants already registered to vote in Florida. That’s 180,000 votes in just one SWING state in an election that is going to boil down to, as Mrs. Obama said, a “few thousand votes.”

According to state records, Florida election officials have determined that massive voter fraud is taking place and that as many as 180,000 non-residents are registered to vote in the sunshine state, and it only came to the attention of state election officials early last year when the state’s DMV turned over a large data-set containing the population’s residency information. Upon sampling the data and running some preliminary checks, officials narrowed their estimate of illegally registered voters to 180,000.

Florida’s Motor Voter Act of 1993 (which most states have some form of) PROHIBITED even asking immigration status when an individual filled out their voter registration form while FAILING to require proof of citizenship. One Naples voter admitted to NBC-2 Tampa reporter Andy Pierrotti that she was not a U.S. Citizen NOR A LEGAL IMMIGRANT – election records show she voted six times in the past eleven years. (Source) and (Source)

June 5, 2012: Voter Fraud in Wisconsin

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%.

Heavy turnout in Madison, a liberal stronghold, would likely benefit Democrat Tom Barrett.

Progressives shrug the 119% figure off as evidence that people are registering at the polls to vote. Considering that Wisconsin has oddly relaxed voter ID laws and a judge granted an injunction against measures that would have protected people's votes, is it any surprise? (Source) and (Source) and (Source)

June 5, 2012: Suspected Voter Fraud in New Jersey

New Jersey Democrats Reps. Bill Pascrell and Steve Rothman – facing one another in a primary election after their districts were merged as a result of redistricting – exchanged heated accusations of dirty politics in the hours before voting got underway on Tuesday.

Rothman's team complained about possible irregularities and had a county elections superintendent impound 2,000 absentee ballots they found suspicious. Late Monday night a judge ruled that decision went too far and ordered the ballots be counted.

Pascrell called the effort "the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in politics" when he went to vote Tuesday morning. His campaign manager, Justin Myers, said the effort "rings eerily similar to Republican efforts across the country to impede people's rights to vote."

"To deny people the right to vote, to manufacture a reason why votes are not counted, it's worse than Jim Crow," Pascrell said.

Rothman sought to impound the ballots after 680 postcards mailed to people who registered to vote in Passaic County (were Pascrell was running registration drives) were returned as undeliverable. "People aren't there. This raises serious questions about potential voter fraud by the Pascrell campaign," said Rothman spokesman Paul Swibinski. (Source) and (Source)

Very impressive list, but you didn't bother to follow up with the results of all those hair on fire claims. I went through your post that included Acorn, and found that each and everyone of the articles you cited turned out to be groundless and were thrown out of court. As usual, you think an accusation is as good as a fact. and I suppose it is for RWNJs but in the real world, every false claim reduces your credibility, and you don't have any left to lose.

You say this and then don't state which example. You are honestly going to sit here and say that ACORN didn't commit voter fraud. That none of those stories resulted in convictions. You are wrong.

Ex-ACORN worker: 'I paid the price' for voter registration fraud - CNN.com

The Federal Election Commission dropped all investigations into Acorn. A few unethical workers committed fraud to receive pay for work not done, but Acorn was cleared of all accusations of voter fraud.

Show me the cases where it was impossible to difficult to obtain an ID. Why has this not been the case in the 15 states that have had these requirements for decades.
Here is one case. I moved to Arizona a little over two years ago and after six months went to get AZ plates & tabs, a drivers license and to register to vote at the DMV. I had ALL the AZ State required ID and then some with me including my WA DL photo ID which was an enhanced version with expiration date, so we could go back and forth between WA and Canada without packing our passports. I had a military photo ID with an INDEF expiration date. Along with those, I had a US Dept. of Veteran Affair photo ID anyone enrolled with in VA Healthcare is provided AND a copy of my last DD214 from separation back when Christ was a recruit! ALL four were issued by agencies of the Federal government and are valid ID to obtain or renew a passport!

Just those four items met the AZ state requirements at least six times over in various combinations. I was denied TWICE several days apart by different people and the second time I wasn't even allowed in the building, the creatures!

I called my State Senator and told her that I was on the verge of going to the media. Fast response; she had a honcho at AZ DMV contact me. Long story short, the next trip to the AZ DMV office armed with the exact same ID and this time everything was taken care of post haste! If they will deny and stall an aging Anglo man just because he's come from another State what is to prevent citizens of color, ethnicity or religious affiliation from being denied or stalled. There is my case of, "...where it was impossible to difficult to obtain an ID"! Shit, if you can't get registered you can't fucking vote can you!

[Florida's local election] supervisors, meeting at their annual summer conference, peppered state election officials with questions about the list of more than 2,600 people who have been identified as being in Florida legally but ineligible to vote. That list was sent to supervisors recently, but state officials have also said there may be as many as 182,000 registered voters who may not be citizens.

The questions about voter eligibility surface as the state continues its months-long efforts to scrub the rolls, including asking supervisors to remove more than 53,000 dead people discovered by comparing voter rolls to federal Social Security files. This was the first time the state checked the files.

Florida law requires voters to be a U.S. citizen residing in the state. Florida also does not allow someone to vote if they are a convicted felon and have not had their civil rights restored.

The state has been responsible for helping screen voters since 2006 when it launched a statewide voter registration database. The state database is supposed to check the names of registered voters against other databases, including ones that contain the names of people who have died and people who have been sent to prison.

Prior to the launch of the database, Florida had come under fire for previous efforts to remove felons from the voting rolls, including a purge that happened right before the 2000 presidential election. (Source) and (Source) and (Source) and (Source)

Just last month Florida election officials were denied help by the feds to confirm citizenship status (and voter fraud) for an estimated 180,000 illegal immigrants already registered to vote in Florida. That’s 180,000 votes in just one SWING state in an election that is going to boil down to, as Mrs. Obama said, a “few thousand votes.”

According to state records, Florida election officials have determined that massive voter fraud is taking place and that as many as 180,000 non-residents are registered to vote in the sunshine state, and it only came to the attention of state election officials early last year when the state’s DMV turned over a large data-set containing the population’s residency information. Upon sampling the data and running some preliminary checks, officials narrowed their estimate of illegally registered voters to 180,000.

Florida’s Motor Voter Act of 1993 (which most states have some form of) PROHIBITED even asking immigration status when an individual filled out their voter registration form while FAILING to require proof of citizenship. One Naples voter admitted to NBC-2 Tampa reporter Andy Pierrotti that she was not a U.S. Citizen NOR A LEGAL IMMIGRANT – election records show she voted six times in the past eleven years. (Source) and (Source)

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%.

Heavy turnout in Madison, a liberal stronghold, would likely benefit Democrat Tom Barrett.

Progressives shrug the 119% figure off as evidence that people are registering at the polls to vote. Considering that Wisconsin has oddly relaxed voter ID laws and a judge granted an injunction against measures that would have protected people's votes, is it any surprise? (Source) and (Source) and (Source)

New Jersey Democrats Reps. Bill Pascrell and Steve Rothman – facing one another in a primary election after their districts were merged as a result of redistricting – exchanged heated accusations of dirty politics in the hours before voting got underway on Tuesday.

Rothman's team complained about possible irregularities and had a county elections superintendent impound 2,000 absentee ballots they found suspicious. Late Monday night a judge ruled that decision went too far and ordered the ballots be counted.

Pascrell called the effort "the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in politics" when he went to vote Tuesday morning. His campaign manager, Justin Myers, said the effort "rings eerily similar to Republican efforts across the country to impede people's rights to vote."

"To deny people the right to vote, to manufacture a reason why votes are not counted, it's worse than Jim Crow," Pascrell said.

Rothman sought to impound the ballots after 680 postcards mailed to people who registered to vote in Passaic County (were Pascrell was running registration drives) were returned as undeliverable. "People aren't there. This raises serious questions about potential voter fraud by the Pascrell campaign," said Rothman spokesman Paul Swibinski. (Source) and (Source)

Very impressive list, but you didn't bother to follow up with the results of all those hair on fire claims. I went through your post that included Acorn, and found that each and everyone of the articles you cited turned out to be groundless and were thrown out of court. As usual, you think an accusation is as good as a fact. and I suppose it is for RWNJs but in the real world, every false claim reduces your credibility, and you don't have any left to lose.

Which ones? Each and everyone one? Groundless accusations?

18 Former ACORN Workers Have Been Convicted or Admitted Guilt in Election Fraud | Fox News

Sure. Some of the people being paid by Acorn to register voters figured out it was easier to make up names than it was to actually go out and register people so they did that. The judge even said Acorn could be seen as a victim in the case because they were charged for work that was not done. The case against Acorn was thrown out. Either way. Photo ID would not have had an effect on anything. Next?

No. You said that each and everyone of those stories cited were baseless and did not result in convictions. Which one?

The main stories were baseless. Acorn was vindicated in any voter fraud actions. Some contractors did commit fraud to get more pay, but the story implicating Acorn was bullshit.

18 Former ACORN Workers Have Been Convicted or Admitted Guilt in Election Fraud | Fox News

Sure. Some of the people being paid by Acorn to register voters figured out it was easier to make up names than it was to actually go out and register people so they did that. The judge even said Acorn could be seen as a victim in the case because they were charged for work that was not done. The case against Acorn was thrown out. Either way. Photo ID would not have had an effect on anything. Next?

How utterly disingenuous. Sure. Some people from ACORN were committing voter fraud and were convicted, but they were victims.

Are you really that dumb?

How utterly disingenuous. Sure. Some people from ACORN were committing voter fraud and were convicted, but they were victims.

Are you really that dumb?

Criminal conviction of Acorn executive.

Nevada Voter Fraud Law Upheld, ACORN Conviction Sustained - Breitbart

Let's show every single Acorn-related election fraud conviction. And then after each one you can justify why they are victims, and really didn't do anything wrong. Are you really that disingenuous?

On February 10, 2005, Nonaresa Montgomery, a paid worker who ran Operation Big Vote during the run-up to the 2001 mayoral primary, was found guilty of vote fraud. Montgomery hired about 30 workers to do fraudulent voter-registration canvassing. Instead of knocking on doors, the volunteers sat at a St. Louis fast food restaurant and wrote out names and information from an outdated voter list. About 1,500 fraudulent voter registration cards were turned in.

In October 2006, St. Louis election officials discovered at least 1,492 "potentially fraudulent" voter registration cards. They were all turned in by ACORN volunteers.

In 2007, in Kansas City, Missouri, four ACORN employees were indicted for fraud. In April of this year eight ACORN employees in St. Louis city and county pleaded guilty to federal election fraud for submitting bogus voter registrations.

Not the old canard of voter fraud -.-...
9 facts that blow up the voter fraud myth

You also seem to have missed the issue of influence -.-

Voter fraud isn't a myth. Canadians influencing US elections, not that my friend, is a bona fide Canadian myth.

Nothing like a discussion where one side brings up facts and the other side simply contradicts. I've entered into the 'argument clinic', time to move on :p...

Dead people voting - Ballotpedia

It's true that there have been a few cases of apparent voter fraud. However, as my opening article makes clear, the cases have been minimal. The disenfranchisement of voters through voter id laws as well as down and dirty disenfranchisement of voters without even the pretext of a voter id law to back it up, has been shown to be quite real, however, while I also believe my opening post in this thread demonstrates...

Why did you start a new thread when you could have just admitted in the other one that voter fraud isn't a myth? Just because it isn't rampant, does not mean it is a myth.

It's important to keep bringing it up. Voter fraud for the last decade or so was less than 20 reported cases where ID laws and other forms of denial of the right to vote has rejected many thousands of Americans.

The right has been using this ploy to disenfranchise blacks primarily and it has to be pushed into the light of day.

How many thousands of Americans are you willing to disenfranchise to prevent this tiny number of illegal voters?

Voter fraud isn't a myth. Canadians influencing US elections, not that my friend, is a bona fide Canadian myth.

Nothing like a discussion where one side brings up facts and the other side simply contradicts. I've entered into the 'argument clinic', time to move on :p...

It's true that there have been a few cases of apparent voter fraud. However, as my opening article makes clear, the cases have been minimal. The disenfranchisement of voters through voter id laws as well as down and dirty disenfranchisement of voters without even the pretext of a voter id law to back it up, has been shown to be quite real, however, while I also believe my opening post in this thread demonstrates...

Why did you start a new thread when you could have just admitted in the other one that voter fraud isn't a myth? Just because it isn't rampant, does not mean it is a myth.

It's important to keep bringing it up. Voter fraud for the last decade or so was less than 20 reported cases where ID laws and other forms of denial of the right to vote has rejected many thousands of Americans.

The right has been using this ploy to disenfranchise blacks primarily and it has to be pushed into the light of day.

How many thousands of Americans are you willing to disenfranchise to prevent this tiny number of illegal voters?

So what about states who have had these laws for decades? Why hasn't the left said a word about the 15 states where it has been a requirement to show ID in every modern election?

8 in 10 Americans support these common sense laws. The UN supports these laws--at least it is a requirement in elections they help set up.

The left doesn't want to strengthen the integrity of US elections because they are the ones that benefit.

And why don't you and the left follow this logic for everything else that requires ID? You couldn't get in the DNC convention without an ID. Why is it only when it comes to strengthening the integrity of elections that you believe showing an ID is racist?

First, there is no constitutional right to vote. Second, requiring an ID doesn't prevent anyone from legally voting, just illegals who shouldn't be here in the first place.

May 2014: Ben Hodzic allegedly voted at the polls in the name of his brother in the Catskill School District Board of Education election in Catskill, NY. Jim Planck, Alleged Fraud Casts Pall Over Catskill School Vote, Daily Mail, May 29, 2014.

Nov. 2013: Mark Atlas allegedly voted at the polls in the name of someone else in the municipal election in Worcester, MA. Alli Knothe, 2 Charged with Voter Fraud in Worcester, Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Dec. 4, 2013.

Sep. 2013: At least four, and possibly 20-24, Hasidic voters in the South Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, allegedly attempted to vote at the polls under others’ names in the municipal primary elections for New York City.Max Rivlin-Nadler et al., Brazen Voting Fraud Alleged Among Ultra-Orthodox in Williamsburg, Gothamist, Sep. 11, 2013, Brazen Voting Fraud Alleged Among Ultra-Orthodox In Williamsburg.

The fact is there are plenty of examples of in-person voter fraud, and I am willing to provide example after example. The fact is the entire premise of the left is bullshit. The OP and every leftist on this thread claims voter fraud doesn't exist. I have personally posted dozens of examples. I posted five video examples. The idea the voter fraud doesn't exist is false. It isn't a myth it does exist and it overwhelmingly favors Democrats.

Here is a good summation of minor issue that voter fraud is:
**In August, Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola University Law School, detailed for Wonkblog 31 instances of documented, in-person voter fraud that would have been prevented by stricter rules around identification at the polling place. The most severe instance Levitt outlined involved as many as 24 voters in Brooklyn who tried to vote under assumed names.

There are almost no elections in which 24 votes makes a significant difference, particularly at the federal level. The graph below compares the vote total and the margin of victory for every race with less than a million votes in general elections since 2006.

Source: The disconnect between voter ID laws and voter fraud

Some more points:
Here are some selections from our reporting on the voter fraud myth and the impact of anti-voter-fraud laws:

Source: 9 facts that blow up the voter fraud myth

I'm interested in hearing constructive views as to the validity of these sources.

I've already been discussing voter fraud in my introduction thread, so I'll be moving my responses to points there into this thread...
It is not difficult to commit voter fraud. A friend of mine here in Ohio actually got her cat an absentee ballot. And yes, if she would have mailed it in that vote may have been counted if it was a closer election in this district. It seems kinda funny, because she's a bit eccentric. She really considers her cat to be a legitimate citizen of the USA and she has the papers to prove it, godammit!

But that's not the real point.

The real issue here is that your sources only use convictions in a court of law to determine how many instances of voter fraud actually occur.

A clear misuse of irrelevant statistics, jackass.

If only 100 people in this city got busted for breaking the laws that prohibit the possession, use and sale of marijuana yesterday, does that mean there were only 100 people in this city that sold, smoked or possessed marijuana yesterday?

THINK!

Can you smell that?

The smell of flop sweat.

Trump's Chumps know they are going to lose, and lose big.

All the ones who don't have photo ID. If you have an ID but forgot, no voting for you either.

First, there is no constitutional right to vote. Second, requiring an ID doesn't prevent anyone from legally voting, just illegals who shouldn't be here in the first place.
The right to vote was first implied. That is made clear in Amendment XV where the implication is made manifest;
Amendment XV
Section 1.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2.
The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
{EDIT:}
I almost forgot another VERY important Amendment;
Amendment XIX
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
As usual, you are wrong!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back