Illusion vs. Reality: The Rampant Voter Fraud Myth

The right to vote is clearly stated in two amendments to the Constitution. You are fucking wrong to claim it does not exist. To deny the first sentence in both of those amendments stating the existence of the right to vote is abject stupidity! To follow that logic in a like manner, there is no right to bear arms in spite of the words assembled in Amendment II given their isn't even a hint of bearing arms in the Constitution save Amendment II.

If a person cannot be denied the ability to vote as you claim then it should be obvious and logical that the person attempting to vote has a RIGHT TO VOTE! You are trying to make a distinction without any bloody difference. The article you presented is notwithstanding1 A remark made in a speech three years ago is not LAW, fool!

You are in need of a brain transplant!

Translation~ negros are to fucking stupid to get an ID to vote, but smart enough to know where to cash welfare checks, buy colt 45s with out an ID
If that is your translation from your Bubba To English translator bracelet, then you too are as fucked in cognitive reasoning as Dekster given my post to PumkinHead had no relation/reference to that of voter suppression and voter ID. You folks need to learn to stay on topic!

What? Now I need a super secrete Ebonics translator ring...

Again:

1 democrats think minorities are to dumb to get an ID to vote

2. But they are smart enough to cash welfare checks . buy smokes and liquor with out them?

Something don't make sense?
I have no frame of reference to begin to interpret your stupidity. What doesn't make sense can be found by you in the mirror. Time for you to piss off now...Bubh Bye!
Run like the wind fruit loop boy who can't comprehend anything.
I sent you off, Bubba. You were dismissed! If you're too fucking stupid to understand you're making a fool of yourself, continue your witless and injudicious routine of ignorant and disjointed disinformation, fool!!

Voter fraud isn't a myth. Canadians influencing US elections, not that my friend, is a bona fide Canadian myth.

Nothing like a discussion where one side brings up facts and the other side simply contradicts. I've entered into the 'argument clinic', time to move on :p...

Dead people voting - Ballotpedia

It's true that there have been a few cases of apparent voter fraud. However, as my opening article makes clear, the cases have been minimal. The disenfranchisement of voters through voter id laws as well as down and dirty disenfranchisement of voters without even the pretext of a voter id law to back it up, has been shown to be quite real, however, while I also believe my opening post in this thread demonstrates...

Why did you start a new thread when you could have just admitted in the other one that voter fraud isn't a myth? Just because it isn't rampant, does not mean it is a myth.

It's kind of a circular argument. There is little or no voter fraud, therefore we will not put checks in the voter system that may detect and prevent voter fraud. How much voter fraud goes undetected? We may never know. It's kind of like having a bar owner claim that there is no need to card patrons to make sure that they are legal drinking age because he has never detected any underage drinkers. Without carding, how the hell will he know anyway (when he really doesn't want to know ).

Sure, but that is not the only kind of voter fraud there can be. If you are living in another part of the city you might be voting for the wrong representatives, etc. I am not really here nor there on the fraud issue though except to the extent that I think it is being used as a pretext to fan the flames of racism when in reality, 1) one needs some form of ID to function in society in any meaningful way and 2) if the DNC spent the time and money they put in every 4 year whining about this issue, they could have had every poor person in America 2 ID's by now.

Here is a good summation of minor issue that voter fraud is:
**In August, Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola University Law School, detailed for Wonkblog 31 instances of documented, in-person voter fraud that would have been prevented by stricter rules around identification at the polling place. The most severe instance Levitt outlined involved as many as 24 voters in Brooklyn who tried to vote under assumed names.

There are almost no elections in which 24 votes makes a significant difference, particularly at the federal level. The graph below compares the vote total and the margin of victory for every race with less than a million votes in general elections since 2006.

Source: The disconnect between voter ID laws and voter fraud

Some more points:
Here are some selections from our reporting on the voter fraud myth and the impact of anti-voter-fraud laws:

Source: 9 facts that blow up the voter fraud myth

I'm interested in hearing constructive views as to the validity of these sources.

I've already been discussing voter fraud in my introduction thread, so I'll be moving my responses to points there into this thread...

There are several states where voting has always required showing photo ID. It has been the law in Georgia for decades. So by the logic of the left, black people have not been able to vote--or have been having their votes suppressed for decades? Also there are literally dozens of examples of voter fraud. Whether you think it is an insignificant problem or not, why wouldn't you want the election process to be as secure as possible. And what does it say about the people that are standing in the way of doing so?

CBS2 Investigation Uncovers Votes Being Cast From Grave Year After Year

Study: 1.8 Million Dead People Still Registered To Vote

270 Dead People Shown to Have Voted in Nassau County

Ohioan gets 5-year prison term for illegal voting

Because disenfranchising thousands is not worthwhile to prevent dozens of cases.
It's 2016! You really beleive thousands of registered voters do not have IDs or cannot get IDs?

None

**In August, Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola University Law School, detailed for Wonkblog 31 instances of documented, in-person voter fraud that would have been prevented by stricter rules around identification at the polling place. The most severe instance Levitt outlined involved as many as 24 voters in Brooklyn who tried to vote under assumed names.

There are almost no elections in which 24 votes makes a significant difference, particularly at the federal level. The graph below compares the vote total and the margin of victory for every race with less than a million votes in general elections since 2006.

Some more points:
Here are some selections from our reporting on the voter fraud myth and the impact of anti-voter-fraud laws:

I'm interested in hearing constructive views as to the validity of these sources.

I've already been discussing voter fraud in my introduction thread, so I'll be moving my responses to points there into this thread...

The rate of fraud in US elections is close to zero.

Thanks. Always like to start my day with a good laugh.

You find facts that destroy your racist world view funny?

That's the definition of the village idiot -- laughing hysterically at normal reality.

Yeah like that accounts for the massive amounts of fraud the democrats commit without being held to account for it...

Proof?

Links to studies, evidence, articles...any fucking thing.

Oh are you just eating shit and coughing it all over this board.

Some more points:

The rate of fraud in US elections is close to zero.

Thanks. Always like to start my day with a good laugh.

You find facts that destroy your racist world view funny?

That's the definition of the village idiot -- laughing hysterically at normal reality.

No, I find funny lies to be funny.

Forum List

Back