If you said you'd move, or kill yourself if SSM became law, God's holding you to it as per...

I bet you that most homosexual couples did not think about marriage until DOMA passed.

Hence, a lesson about the US constitution is re-taught: A right need not be explicitly stated in order to be protected by the Constitution.

Ask your libertarian friends if you do not believe me.

Why would any one want to invite someone hateful to their wedding?
Businesses cannot discriminate. Just because your are invited does not mean you can't turn the invitation down.
Hiring someone is not an invitation, it paying for a service, not their bigoted opinion.

I get invited to about 3 weddings a year, thank you very much.

I would close any business I own or quit any job I had that requested, never mind required me to assist a same-sex wedding

I would provide service for any gay people but my price would be fabulous.

Genesis 13:13
Now the men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the LORD.
Genesis 18:20-21
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
Genesis 19:4-7
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Psalms 12:8 The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.

Since there is a new star of Bethlehem, maybe in 15 or so years from now you ask Jesus what he did and did not say 2000 yrs ago.

Since there is a new star of Bethlehem, maybe in 15 or so years from now you ask Jesus what he did and did not say 2000 yrs ago.
What he taught is evident in what his apostles preached. Most people are illogical in their assumption that the gospels are an exhaustive repository of everything Jesus taught. They aren't nor could they possibly be. Jesus told his apostles to teach the nations everything he taught them (Matthew 28:19) and that's precisely what they did. The entire gospel of Christ is contained in the gospels, the epistles, the acts, and the ongoing Tradition of his holy Church.

What he taught is evident in what his apostles preached. Most people are illogical in their assumption that the gospels are an exhaustive repository of everything Jesus taught. They aren't nor could they possibly be. Jesus told his apostles to teach the nations everything he taught them (Matthew 28:19) and that's precisely what they did. The entire gospel of Christ is contained in the gospels, the epistles, the acts, and the ongoing Tradition of his holy Church.

Only three, Luke was a follower of Paul not Jesus. They were all written well after the death of Jesus and probably not by the apostles of Jesus.
There are many more gospels that were not in the codex. Some 250 were know to early christianity. We don't have them all but several have been found in the last century. So no, I don't believe the english bible of today tell the whole truth on Jesus or god. I don't choose to believe god or jesus would hate people for how they were born or who they love, and I don't believe they would be glad that we would hate others.

I wonder if there will be three wise men this time. Maybe they will just chase the star on an app and send an e-gift.

Only three, Luke was a follower of Paul not Jesus. They were all written well after the death of Jesus and probably not by the apostles of Jesus.
There are many more gospels that were not in the codex. Some 250 were know to early christianity. We don't have them all but several have been found in the last century. So no, I don't believe the english bible of today tell the whole truth on Jesus or god. I don't choose to believe god or jesus would hate people for how they were born or who they love, and I don't believe they would be glad that we would hate others.

I wonder if there will be three wise men this time. Maybe they will just chase the star on an app and send an e-gift.
Your "bible isn't really the bible" argument is for another thread where you can endlessly debate it to no avail. Among those who join the 1600 year tradition of believing the Bible is the authentic word of God, debates can be had on what the Bible actually says, the former issue already settled at the synods of Rome and Hippo by men far more knowledgeable on canonicity than an idiot in the 21st century.

And you undermine your own argument. For if the Bible is discredited, then you've lost any authority to appeal to for your own opinions of God, his character, his dimension, or his temperament.

Marriage of a man and women necessary to raise if a family basically rejected single men or women being allowed to raise a child, regardless of the death of a spouse, divorce or never married.
Most children grow up in a home that was at one time broken.
A single man or a single woman should be allowed to raise a child, so should those of a same sex marriage.
Marriage is not just about children. Marriage is contract to share your life with another person that you are in love with. Your own children, surrogate children or adopted child, if there is love it should not matter how the family is make up.
Sex is not just about producing children, it a required part of the bond between two people.
Love and commitment should be the only requirement between two consenting adults that want to marry.

Apart from an islamic country, where are people going to go if they want to get away from gay marriage? It is being accepted more and more around the world. Gays have lived and worked even at the south pole. It is not just people that can be gay but penguins as well.
Birds do it, bees do it, I don't know particularly about fleas but many insects do it.................... it is nature, god's created nature.

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Get over it, love and sex are not limited to procreation in man or nature. Even gay black swans mate for life.
God and his wondrous design and wisdom, if you believe, or just call it the wonder of nature.

Polygamist just want to love and share with a number of others.

Two gay same sex siblings should be able to marry. Right?

Sex outside of marriage is wrong? Sex within the marriage is permitted?
Gays have the right to marry the one they love........and have sex with their wife/husband, and even raise a family.
Families are not just for those with their parent's DNA. Families can be one parent or two moms or two dads as well.
Love is love. Love is good. Love is what Jesus preached. A loving god loves all his/her/it's children unconditionally.

Why can't people learn to do the same?

It can be between 6 men an 15 women as well, or maybe entire towns marrying? Right?

Can't limit love, now can we?

Gays have the right to marry the one they love........and have sex with their wife/husband, and even raise a family.
Families are not just for those with their parent's DNA. Families can be one parent or two moms or two dads as well.
Love is love. Love is good. Love is what Jesus preached. A loving god loves all his/her/it's children unconditionally.

It can be between 6 men an 15 women as well, or maybe entire towns marrying? Right?

The Mormons and Muslims will take over the United States in 150 years if we legalise polygamy and incest.

Gays aren't too much of a threat. Polygamy will be a different battle altogether.

The Mormons and Muslims will take over the United States in 150 years if we legalise polygamy and incest.

Gays aren't too much of a threat. Polygamy will be a different battle altogether.

No battle at all really. The arguments for have already been fought and affirmed.

Forum List

Back