If women are supposed to be silent in the church, why are Protestants making them into ministers?

St. Paul wrote that women are to be silent in the Church.

And yet, the Protestant denominations are making women into priests, bishops, pastors and ministers.

Is this a part of the Bible that Protestants say just doesn't count any more?

Is obedience to Biblical teaching an OPTION now?

And yet Jesus elevated women wherever he went.
But none of the Apostles were women.

The culture of the time.
Christ dined with prostitutes and tax collectors. He flaunted religious rules about the Sabbath. He cared nothing about what people in his culture thought of his actions. If it was his intent to ordain women, the combined disapproval of the entire world could not have stopped him.
Why did it take Christians 1900 years to let women vote?

And yet, the Protestant denominations are making women into priests, bishops, pastors and ministers.

The culture of the time.
Christ dined with prostitutes and tax collectors. He flaunted religious rules about the Sabbath. He cared nothing about what people in his culture thought of his actions. If it was his intent to ordain women, the combined disapproval of the entire world could not have stopped him.

Apples and screwdrivers.

The culture of the time.
I don't know.

But why are you changing the topic of this thread?

Go start your own damn thread.

The culture of the time.

Apples and screwdrivers.
I'm just trying to point out that for at least the first 1900 years of your 2000 year old religion women were second class citizens.

Interesting even a black man became president before a woman.

The culture of the time.

Apples and screwdrivers.
I'm just trying to point out that for at least the first 1900 years of your 2000 year old religion women were second class citizens.

Interesting even a black man became president before a woman.
If a woman can create life from her own body with only minimal input from a man, I am impressed, and she's a first class citizen.

The culture of the time.
I don't know.

You want to know why your religion is evolving with the times. I'm telling you why women are becoming ministers. 100 years it wouldn't be heard of but if Christianity doesn't change with the times it will become an outdated religion. It's why Protestants let women preach and Catholics are going to eventually perform gay marriage.

You can't handle the truth

Paul was the Joseph Smith, the L. Ron Hubbard, of his time.

The culture of the time.
I don't know.

You want to know why your religion is evolving with the times. I'm telling you why women are becoming ministers. 100 years it wouldn't be heard of but if Christianity doesn't change with the times it will become an outdated religion. It's why Protestants let women preach and Catholics are going to eventually perform gay marriage.

I will pay you $1 million on the day the Catholic Church performs a same-sex wedding.

And I will suck your dick.

That's how confident I am that's not going to happen.

Ordaining women is the main reason the Ecunemical efforts had to be abandoned with the Anglicans.

The culture of the time.
I don't know.

I will pay you $1 million on the day the Catholic Church performs a same-sex wedding.

And I will suck your dick.

That's how confident I am that's not going to happen.
it's a win win for you.

Ordaining women is the main reason the Ecunemical efforts had to be abandoned with the Anglicans.
So what do you think about women's lib? I think it's changing us for the worse. But I bet woman wouldn't want to go back to those times where women couldn't have careers. Not in corporate America or the church. Women are CEOs now they want to be Pope

So what do you think about women's lib? I think it's changing us for the worse. But I bet woman wouldn't want to go back to those times where women couldn't have careers. Not in corporate America or the church. Women are CEOs now they want to be Pope
Right now our birth rate is reaching a crisis, so I think diverting so many women into careers and away from marriage and family is hurting us in the long run.

The culture of the time.

Apples and screwdrivers.

That had what to do with Jesus?

Religion is of man, and is subject to the mores of contemporary society.

Faith is of God, and is not.

Scripture is a primer, not a rule book.

Are you saying we should just toss out the Bible?

What say you about the slaves and killing kids?
I say it's a good thing we're not doing that anymore.

Are you saying we should just chuck out the entire Bible and invent our own modern religion that has no basis in anything?

I'm not saying anything other than responding to your misinformed claims. I've found that the more devout a person claims to be, the less they know about what is really in the Bible.

Are you saying we should just toss out the Bible?

What say you about the slaves and killing kids?
I say it's a good thing we're not doing that anymore.

Are you saying we should just chuck out the entire Bible and invent our own modern religion that has no basis in anything?

I'm not saying anything other than responding to your misinformed claims. I've found that the more devout a person claims to be, the less they know about what is really in the Bible.
I know exactly what's in the Bible, I've read almost all of it, and it is read to me on Sundays.

I admit that there is much of the Old Testament which makes no sense to us today, but one has to consider that rules that apply to nomadic wanderers might be changed when society advances in maturity.

I do not believe Paul's teaching about the role of women in the church is one of those rules subject to change.

Also, Jesus chose 12 Apostles, and none of them were women.

That implies that the church does not have the authority to ordain women, even if society changes, the authority does not exist.

Forum List

Back