If Trump is the Nominee The Party is Finished

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
I believe if Trump becomes the nominee, either by initially winning 1237 delegates or on subsequent counts then the GOP will dissolve. Enough of us have signed the #NeverTrump pledge to walk out on the party and destroy it.
Next question: What comes after? will we build a new Consevative Party to replace it, one that will stand for actual conservative values? Or will the GOP limp along and the Libertarian Party grow exponentially?

I believe if Trump becomes the nominee, either by initially winning 1237 delegates or on subsequent counts then the GOP will dissolve. Enough of us have signed the #NeverTrump pledge to walk out on the party and destroy it.
Next question: What comes after? will we build a new Consevative Party to replace it, one that will stand for actual conservative values? Or will the GOP limp along and the Libertarian Party grow exponentially?
No....all RWrs will jump on the Drumpf wagon. What they say and what they do are two different things.

--------------------------------------- the WE rebuilding depends on the definition of Conservative . My kinda Conservative is certainly not the rino parties definition of Conservative so I will never support a party similar to the current repub party Rabbi . .

The GOP started dissolving long ago when Tom Delay decided integrity wasn't important. There has been a continuous fall to this point since then. Kick out the Koch owned Tea Party, and all the other extremist groups, and you might have a chance of survival. Otherwise, you're dead.

Neither.

Libertarian's are just liberal-light.

Why oh why did you guys let him run on the GOP ticket to begin with? Were you all too politically correct to say no when he first came up with this lamebrain idea?

I don't think the party is finished. It's too strong at the state level.

But it would get annihilated in the election, possibly even losing the House.
State party orgs would be under tremendous pressure to defect.

I believe you when you say you'd walk out on the party, but I think the party is too strong as an institution to collapse, at least over Trump getting the nomination.

I would be more worried about the party if Trump won 1237 delegates and didn't get the nomination.

I believe you when you say you'd walk out on the party, but I think the party is too strong as an institution to collapse, at least over Trump getting the nomination.

I would be more worried about the party if Trump won 1237 delegates and didn't get the nomination.
WHen you have elected officials pledging they will NOT vote for the nominee you've got trouble. I doubt Trump would get 1237 delegates and not be the nominee. The rules are the rules, as Donald tends to forget.

Cool story bro. what comes next? Hell just make a part modeled after Kansas's government! Its what you idiots want anyways. :)

I gotta tell ya. I love these threads.
why?

You kiddin'? The hand wringing is awesome.
You confuse opportunity for hand wringing. The best thing that could happen is for the incipient split between Rockefeller Republicans and Reagan Republicans to come to fruition and we get a party that is actually focused on smaller government and lower taxes.

Your problem isn't the Rockefeller or the Reagan republicans. Your problem is the Crazy republicans.

I gotta tell ya. I love these threads.
why?

You kiddin'? The hand wringing is awesome.
You confuse opportunity for hand wringing. The best thing that could happen is for the incipient split between Rockefeller Republicans and Reagan Republicans to come to fruition and we get a party that is actually focused on smaller government and lower taxes.

Oh.....sure. Smaller government and lower taxes. That has never been tried.

Taxes have never been lower, chief.

Can you identify another nation who's government is the appropriate size? I'd like to know what your vision is.

Neither.

Libertarian's are just liberal-light.

:lmao:

"Libertarian" is Liberal on steroids.

Forum List

Back