If Trump is the Nominee The Party is Finished

I gotta tell ya. I love these threads.
why?

You kiddin'? The hand wringing is awesome.
You confuse opportunity for hand wringing. The best thing that could happen is for the incipient split between Rockefeller Republicans and Reagan Republicans to come to fruition and we get a party that is actually focused on smaller government and lower taxes.

Your problem isn't the Rockefeller or the Reagan republicans. Your problem is the Crazy republicans.
Those nutty people who believe in liberty and freedom, like the Founders?

why?

You confuse opportunity for hand wringing. The best thing that could happen is for the incipient split between Rockefeller Republicans and Reagan Republicans to come to fruition and we get a party that is actually focused on smaller government and lower taxes.

Your problem isn't the Rockefeller or the Reagan republicans. Your problem is the Crazy republicans.
Those nutty people who believe in liberty and freedom, like the Founders?

The founders!! Awesome.

why?

Oh.....sure. Smaller government and lower taxes. That has never been tried.

Taxes have never been lower, chief.

Can you identify another nation who's government is the appropriate size? I'd like to know what your vision is.
Yeah it has and it works every.single.time.

This must have been what Reagan and his supporters went through back in 1980...fascinating...Wonder how many crybabies left the party then as well. Guess some republicans just can't handle COMMON SENSE REPUBLICANISM or the fact its brought MILLIONS of new people into the GOP.

The vision of the Trumpettes is: (1) Dem WH, (2) Dem Senate and House, (3) a Dem stacked SCOTUS, and (4) serious inroads in state and community races.

What do the Trumpettes get: their wish to punish the GOP.

This must have been what Reagan and his supporters went through back in 1980...fascinating...Wonder how many crybabies left the party then as well. Guess some republicans just can't handle COMMON SENSE REPUBLICANISM or the fact its brought MILLIONS of new people into the GOP.
Reagan so much as said, 'not in a million years would he support the likes of George Herbert Walker Bush', and nearly the next thing he did was introduce Bush as his VP Choice....

politics makes strange bedfellows...

Yes, yes. Says so much about your values that you're willing to put someone like Hillary in office.

You are the same people who elected the people we have in office now.
If you think Donald Trump would be any improvement over Hillary I have a bridge to sell you.

I don't think the party is finished. It's too strong at the state level.

But it would get annihilated in the election, possibly even losing the House.
State party orgs would be under tremendous pressure to defect.

I believe you when you say you'd walk out on the party, but I think the party is too strong as an institution to collapse, at least over Trump getting the nomination.

I would be more worried about the party if Trump won 1237 delegates and didn't get the nomination.

Again we go back to 1912. A Republican ran a bombastic campaign, seen by some as an ego trip, and won most of the primaries. By BIG margins. His name: Teddy Roosevelt.

So who got the nomination? Taft, who barely won two states' primaries.

So what happened? TR defiantly ran as a third party and siphoned off enough votes that the Democrat won the Presidency with less that 42% of the popular vote. His name: Woodrow Wilson.

So what happened to the Republican Party?

After 8 years of Wilson the voters had soured so much that Warren Harding barely had to campaign at all, and won the 1920 election by what was then the biggest landslide ever.

"Let me repeat what history teaches --- history teaches". -- Gertrude Stein

The vision of the Trumpettes is: (1) Dem WH, (2) Dem Senate and House, (3) a Dem stacked SCOTUS, and (4) serious inroads in state and community races.

What do the Trumpettes get: their wish to punish the GOP.
--------------------------------------- yep , punish the 'gop' and then Hilary or Bernie goes after the money , freedom and liberty of the moderate republican supporters Jake .

I was there in 1980 bubba and it was nothing like that.

16%2B-%2B1

Cgc5H9QWEAEJNlD.jpg

I believe if Trump becomes the nominee, either by initially winning 1237 delegates or on subsequent counts then the GOP will dissolve. Enough of us have signed the #NeverTrump pledge to walk out on the party and destroy it.
Next question: What comes after? will we build a new Consevative Party to replace it, one that will stand for actual conservative values? Or will the GOP limp along and the Libertarian Party grow exponentially?

The GOP destroyed itself by ignoring their constituents wishes.
I hope it comes back as a true conservative party,if not it needs to die.

why?

Oh.....sure. Smaller government and lower taxes. That has never been tried.

Taxes have never been lower, chief.

Can you identify another nation who's government is the appropriate size? I'd like to know what your vision is.
Yeah it has and it works every.single.time.

I notice you declined to provide an example. Why is that?

Cool. Hopefully the Ds will soon follow.
for the most part, we like our party.
just wait.
Although I do find a bit of irony in you saying that. Isnt cankles the ass opposite of most lefties? Corrupt, elite, white, old, war monger, loves big banks, loves corporate whore trade deals etc etc etc?
THAT'S what R's want you to believe and are infiltrating Bernie's camp to make them believe...

NO, she's not a corporate whore, she's always supported all of the regulations to reign wall street in from the democratic side, including Warren's proposals.

I believe if Trump becomes the nominee, either by initially winning 1237 delegates or on subsequent counts then the GOP will dissolve. Enough of us have signed the #NeverTrump pledge to walk out on the party and destroy it.
Next question: What comes after? will we build a new Consevative Party to replace it, one that will stand for actual conservative values? Or will the GOP limp along and the Libertarian Party grow exponentially?

The GOP destroyed itself by ignoring their constituents wishes.
I hope it comes back as a true conservative party,if not it needs to die.

Who would you hire as the standard bearer of a true conservative party?

Forum List

Back