If there is a gay gene "I gotta be me" then explain

Where did I say you had to do anything? You asked me a question about what goes on in your head, I admitted I am not psychic.

Read up. You allege that gays are not born because there is no gay gene.

Nor is there a left-handed gene. Therefore, your point is invalid.

How does the fact that there is no left handed gene prove that gays are born that way? Handedness is a learned response, you are not born with it.

People don't learn to be right or left handed. That is just a natural happening, either way. Yes, it is possible to train someone to switch, but rarely does it become natural for those who do.

How does the fact that there is no left handed gene prove that gays are born that way? Handedness is a learned response, you are not born with it.

No, it's not. Left-handed people have right-handed children, and vice-versa.

Which proves that it is not learned behavior how?

People don't learn to be right or left handed. That is just a natural happening, either way. Yes, it is possible to train someone to switch, but rarely does it become natural for those who do.

Prove it.

Prove it.

No need to prove it. I AM left-handed. The teacher tried tying my left hand down, and she promptly got a dual visit from my mother and grandmother.

Prove it.

No need to prove it. I AM left-handed. The teacher tried tying my left hand down, and she promptly got a dual visit from my mother and grandmother.

I didn't challenge you to prove you are left handed, I challenged auditor to prove that people do not learn handedness.

Well, actually. You're the one making the claim that it's learned behavior. All the evidence points to you being wrong. So cmon now; show me some clinical studies proving your allegation.

Well, actually. You're the one making the claim that it's learned behavior. All the evidence points to you being wrong. So cmon now; show me some clinical studies proving your allegation.

Yes, I am making that claim because it is based on the evidence that handedness is not something you are born with. See the twin studies if you have a problem with where I got that from. Until you provide evidence that provides an actual explanation that doesn't require me to assume that people are programmed I will continue to believe that.

By the way, yesterday I would have argued that handedness is genetic. You are the one that convinced me that wasn't true, so I don't see your problem.

how their genetic code gets passed on?

I mean gays like to have sex with the same sex.
So if the MAJORITY of species reproduce with male/female.. AGAIN I wrote "MAJORITY"..
how would the gay gene get passed on?
I mean the whole purpose of "selection of the fittest'.. evolution,etc. is based on sexual reproduction.

So explain please how can this be?

I'm not the only one asking that question..

A problem for those of us who favor a genetic basis for sexual orientation is why, from an evolutionary point of view, gay attractions should exist at all.
Homosexuality needs to demonstrate a survival benefit sufficient to offset the reproductive cost that the orientation would be expected to exact.
Richard Pillard is a professor of psychiatry at the Boston University School of Medicine.
A 'gay Gene?' - The 'gay Gene' And Evolution - A Problem? | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS
selection of the fittest? What nonsense. btw, no gay gene, no race gene.

There s no "gay" gene. However, there isn't a gay alive that will cop to "gay" being a choice. They are all absolutely certain that (for little boys) the affinity to play with dolls and wear Momma's makeup and (for little girls) the idea of wearing combat boots, plaid and jeans were "handed" down from on high.

I have no clue on this earth where the "pervert" gene comes from, but I suspect that, like the tooth "fairy", the child is visited in the dead of night and "something special" is placed "under the pillow". :eusa_whistle:
the false choice: gay by choice or gay by by design.

Why are people so ignorant of simple principles like genetic predisposition? It is not always nature versus nurture. *go figure

Forum List

Back