Supreme Court to Determine If Gender Dysphoria Is a Mental Illness Therefore Protected Under ADA

Interesting argument with which I agree that it’s a mental illness. But since it’s a mental illness everyone with high security jobs should be reassigned to peeling potatoes and rearranging the flowers in the lobby. You can’t have mentally ill people running our society.

The Supreme Court will soon decide whether to hear a case, Kincaid v. Williams, that turns on whether gender dysphoria is a protected category under the Americans With Disabilities Act, a decision that brings into focus how the clash over transgender rights could arrive at the high court’s docket in the heady days before the 2024 presidential election.

The ADA, co-sponsored by Senators Ted Kennedy and Harkin and passed in 1990, mandates that a “covered entity” shall not discriminate against “a qualified individual with a disability.” It aimed to expand the protections of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which encompasses race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to reach those with disabilities.

The ADA defines a “disability” as a “physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.” In 2008, Congress mandated that “disability” shall be “construed in favor of broad coverage of individuals under this chapter, to the maximum extent permitted.”

If it is you fuckers are fucked.

The cameras would be aimed at bad teachers

We cant “fix” bad public schools from the outside as long as they are ruled by entrenched lib educators

But with school choice the education monopoly will be forced by declining student population to fix itself

If your idea is so great why is no one implementing it?

If your idea is so great why is no one implementing it?

Well, that's kind of what happened during Covid, isn't it, Islamophobic Twat.

All the parents got to see what you people were up to and how awful public education is.

School Choice isn't going to fix the problem. You aren't going to get better teachers by offering them less money and less protections at work.

School Choice is just going to let a few fly-by-night operators open schools with unqualified staff, make a bunch of government money, and then make a break for it.

If you want to see an example of failure, all you need to do is look at how Section 8 Housing Vouchers failed to solve the housing problem.

They government finally tore down all the projects, but they didn't invest in scattered sight housing. Instead, they gave all these poor people vouchers to go to the home they wanted to... and... guess what, the people who owned rental properties who actually cared about them, didn't want Section 8 tenants.

The last condo I lived in, slowly turned to mostly rentals, and we had about 30 Section 8 families in there (out of 230 units), some of them putting 8 people in a one bedroom apartment. They pretty much brought the whole quality of the complex down. Eventually the place was bought out by a property investment firm. The first thing they did.. they got rid of the Section 8 people.

Conversely, the place I live now has a "Owner-Occupant" rule. If you buy a Condo here, you have to live in it.

The problem is the law is badly written.

The key phrase in this law is "reasonable accommodation".

Well, what is reasonable?

It isn't defined.

So a bunch of small businesses in a small town where no one is confined a wheelchair, not having ramps would be "reasonable".... until someone sues every business in town and they have to write out a check to make them go away.

Now, how does this apply to Transgender people.

Well, I can tell you right now, a friend of mine works for a company where a male employee transitioned to female.

Trying to nip any problems in the bud, the employees were told two things.

1) Use female pronouns when referring to this person.
2) Do not under any circumstances use her former male name (i.e. Dead-naming).
3) Let her use the ladies' room.

These are all reasonable accommodations under the law. But rest assured, someone is going to freak seeing her in the ladies' room, or is going to accidently call him Bob because they knew her as Bob for years.

Fortunately for all involved, she quit after a few months. Whether she got enough "hostile work environment" issues to sue is the next question.
under the law "reasonable accomdations" means different things to the size of your business. Businesses get sued all the time, even before the ADA, that's why it's smart to have insurance for your business to have lawyers on staff to fight silly lawsuit.

As far as with people with mental health disabilities like being trans, seems rather simple, most places already have handicap bathrooms...it actually might save some money, just have one bathroom instead of a men and women's bathroom...i noticed a lot of places are already doing that to help with folks with this disorder

I bet you can think of things you want to change that arent happening also

Your idea is not happening because it's authoritarian. You cannot compel children into school and then force them into surveillance. Fundamentally NOT conservative.

Well, that's kind of what happened during Covid, isn't it, Islamophobic Twat.

All the parents got to see what you people were up to and how awful public education is.

School Choice isn't going to fix the problem. You aren't going to get better teachers by offering them less money and less protections at work.

School Choice is just going to let a few fly-by-night operators open schools with unqualified staff, make a bunch of government money, and then make a break for it.

If you want to see an example of failure, all you need to do is look at how Section 8 Housing Vouchers failed to solve the housing problem.

They government finally tore down all the projects, but they didn't invest in scattered sight housing. Instead, they gave all these poor people vouchers to go to the home they wanted to... and... guess what, the people who owned rental properties who actually cared about them, didn't want Section 8 tenants.

The last condo I lived in, slowly turned to mostly rentals, and we had about 30 Section 8 families in there (out of 230 units), some of them putting 8 people in a one bedroom apartment. They pretty much brought the whole quality of the complex down. Eventually the place was bought out by a property investment firm. The first thing they did.. they got rid of the Section 8 people.

Conversely, the place I live now has a "Owner-Occupant" rule. If you buy a Condo here, you have to live in it.
School choice cant make good citizens out of welfare losers overnight or in one generation

Their habit of making bad personal choices will be difficult to break

But not all the parents and children in bad public schools are beyond hope

And not all the new private schools will be ripoffs

Under school choice the families that want to learn will finally have a chance to learn

And have better lives

School choice cant make good citizens out of welfare losers overnight or in one generation

Their habit of making bad personal choices will be difficult to break

But not all the parents and children in bad public schools are beyond hope

And not all the new private schools will be ripoffs

Under school choice the families that want to learn will finally have a chance to learn

And have better lives

There's a lot of conditional statements in there.

So let's be honest, vouchers aren't about helping poor kids, because they won't.

They are about breaking the Teacher's Unions. Which might not be a bad idea in and of itself, but at least be honest that is what you are up to.

Again, and I'll be writing an essay on it later, Section 8 Vouchers have shown why just "Write them a check and hope for the best" isn't a plan.

If he was still posting here, you could ask Ray From Cleveland about his Section 8 neighbors.

Mac is in favor of compelling children into school and the putting them under compulsory surveillance

Creepy
I’m for school choice

You’re the one who wants to force children to attend bad public schools to protect your job

There's a lot of conditional statements in there.

So let's be honest, vouchers aren't about helping poor kids, because they won't.

They are about breaking the Teacher's Unions. Which might not be a bad idea in and of itself, but at least be honest that is what you are up to.

Again, and I'll be writing an essay on it later, Section 8 Vouchers have shown why just "Write them a check and hope for the best" isn't a plan.

If he was still posting here, you could ask Ray From Cleveland about his Section 8 neighbors.
I have already pointed out that vouchers will not save all poor students

But many will benefit

It isnt just the teachers union that needs to be humbled but the entire public education monopoly

I’m for school choice

You’re the one who wants to force children to attend bad public schools to protect your job

I am also for school choice. Would some schools be exempt from your pervasive cameras?

Not sure that being declared mentally defective is what lib loons were wishing for.

Interesting argument with which I agree that it’s a mental illness. But since it’s a mental illness everyone with high security jobs should be reassigned to peeling potatoes and rearranging the flowers in the lobby. You can’t have mentally ill people running our society.

The Supreme Court will soon decide whether to hear a case, Kincaid v. Williams, that turns on whether gender dysphoria is a protected category under the Americans With Disabilities Act, a decision that brings into focus how the clash over transgender rights could arrive at the high court’s docket in the heady days before the 2024 presidential election.

The ADA, co-sponsored by Senators Ted Kennedy and Harkin and passed in 1990, mandates that a “covered entity” shall not discriminate against “a qualified individual with a disability.” It aimed to expand the protections of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which encompasses race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to reach those with disabilities.

The ADA defines a “disability” as a “physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.” In 2008, Congress mandated that “disability” shall be “construed in favor of broad coverage of individuals under this chapter, to the maximum extent permitted.”

The American Psychiatric Association made the first big mistake in 2013 by removing the pathology from the DSM in an attempt to normalize it. The betrayal of biological fate can't be normalized. This fate will always already come under the sway of the particular sex of the genome regardless of how many word games are played.

Some? Maybe?
Just can't get behind a solution that has such limited results while abandoning the minimum levels of service.
Thats just your opinion based on obstructionist arguments of the left

I have already pointed out that vouchers will not save all poor students

But many will benefit

It isnt just the teachers union that needs to be humbled but the entire public education monopoly

You've drifted fully into obsession now. I forget if you EVER answered this question: When was the last time YOU personally ever set foot in a school and observed classes?

Are you going to drone on about cameras again now?

Forum List

Back