If there is a gay gene "I gotta be me" then explain

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
how their genetic code gets passed on?

I mean gays like to have sex with the same sex.
So if the MAJORITY of species reproduce with male/female.. AGAIN I wrote "MAJORITY"..
how would the gay gene get passed on?
I mean the whole purpose of "selection of the fittest'.. evolution,etc. is based on sexual reproduction.

So explain please how can this be?

I'm not the only one asking that question..

A problem for those of us who favor a genetic basis for sexual orientation is why, from an evolutionary point of view, gay attractions should exist at all.
Homosexuality needs to demonstrate a survival benefit sufficient to offset the reproductive cost that the orientation would be expected to exact.
Richard Pillard is a professor of psychiatry at the Boston University School of Medicine.
A 'gay Gene?' - The 'gay Gene' And Evolution - A Problem? | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS

Now the religious right is turning to evolution to discredit homosexuality? Priceless.

Homosexuality is a randomly occurring anamoly that has existed throughout history in roughly the same percentage.

So if the MAJORITY of species reproduce with male/female.. AGAIN I wrote "MAJORITY"..
I mean the whole purpose of "selection of the fittest'.. evolution,etc. is based on sexual reproduction.

A problem for those of us who favor a genetic basis for sexual orientation is why, from an evolutionary point of view, gay attractions should exist at all.
Homosexuality needs to demonstrate a survival benefit sufficient to offset the reproductive cost that the orientation would be expected to exact.
Richard Pillard is a professor of psychiatry at the Boston University School of Medicine.
A 'gay Gene?' - The 'gay Gene' And Evolution - A Problem? | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS

Your supposition is correct.

There s no "gay" gene. However, there isn't a gay alive that will cop to "gay" being a choice. They are all absolutely certain that (for little boys) the affinity to play with dolls and wear Momma's makeup and (for little girls) the idea of wearing combat boots, plaid and jeans were "handed" down from on high.

I have no clue on this earth where the "pervert" gene comes from, but I suspect that, like the tooth "fairy", the child is visited in the dead of night and "something special" is placed "under the pillow". :eusa_whistle:

Where is the gene that makes me like carrots?

If you don't have the carrot gene, you are an abnormal freak and should not be allowed to marry other non-carrot gene freaks. Not eating carrots is an unhealthy lifestyle.

There s no "gay" gene. However, there isn't a gay alive that will cop to "gay" being a choice. They are all absolutely certain that (for little boys) the affinity to play with dolls and wear Momma's makeup and (for little girls) the idea of wearing combat boots, plaid and jeans were "handed" down from on high.

I have no clue on this earth where the "pervert" gene comes from, but I suspect that, like the tooth "fairy", the child is visited in the dead of night and "something special" is placed "under the pillow". :eusa_whistle:

It is not a plain either-or issue.

There is no "gay gene", however, there are certain inborn conditions ( which are gross anomalies) which can contribute to the homosexual orientation. Those are chromosomal abnormalities, hormonal and metabolic disruptions and some anatomical problems as well.
Those are the minority of the homosexuals. The majority are the result of a choice, even if choice is not totally conscious - by choice I mean the result of the social structure influence, not anatomical or physiological inborn anomaly.
There is also a combination possibility - where a physiological anomaly influenced by social structure results in homosexual orientation and the same anomaly under different social structure results in heterosexual orientation.

As I have said - it is not a simple either-or.

Where is the gene that makes me like carrots?

If you don't have the carrot gene, you are an abnormal freak and should not be allowed to marry other non-carrot gene freaks. Not eating carrots is an unhealthy lifestyle.

actually you might be not far from the reality. you may be deficient in some enzymes and require a lot of carotene to offset it :D

I don't think there is a gay gene. When I get into discussions with people on why someone would, "choose", to be gay, I just tell them this. Try to imagine yourself having to change your sexual orientation because you were told you had to.

Now I am a straight female and have never had an ounce of desire to experiment with a woman. I am not attracted to women, only men. It's exactly the same for people that are attracted to the same sex. It's what they want and desire. I would no more think that they could change any more than I could. I think it's simple.

Societal pressure. What makes you think gay people haven't been having children? Many have married and had children, because it's what was expected.

If we allow cigar smokers to marry, then we will have to allow mothers to marry their dogs.

God hates cigar smokers. The body is a temple, and all that.

Don't be letting cigar smokers marry. You wouldn't want your mother marrying a dog, now would you?

there is NO GAY GENE.

Period.

stock-photo-10058095-gay-pride-belt-with-blue-jeans.jpg

There is no left handed gene...why does there hav to be a gay gene?

Forum List

Back