Supreme Court to Determine If Gender Dysphoria Is a Mental Illness Therefore Protected Under ADA

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Interesting argument with which I agree that it’s a mental illness. But since it’s a mental illness everyone with high security jobs should be reassigned to peeling potatoes and rearranging the flowers in the lobby. You can’t have mentally ill people running our society.

The Supreme Court will soon decide whether to hear a case, Kincaid v. Williams, that turns on whether gender dysphoria is a protected category under the Americans With Disabilities Act, a decision that brings into focus how the clash over transgender rights could arrive at the high court’s docket in the heady days before the 2024 presidential election.

The ADA, co-sponsored by Senators Ted Kennedy and Harkin and passed in 1990, mandates that a “covered entity” shall not discriminate against “a qualified individual with a disability.” It aimed to expand the protections of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which encompasses race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to reach those with disabilities.

The ADA defines a “disability” as a “physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.” In 2008, Congress mandated that “disability” shall be “construed in favor of broad coverage of individuals under this chapter, to the maximum extent permitted.”

Gender dysphoria is a type of delusional psychosis & is definitely a very serious mental derangement.
None should be in the military/law enforcement, national security, govt or have any access to children

They need real help not enabling with that "lifestyle choice" BS

Last edited:
Gender dysphoria is a type of delusional psychosis & is definitely a serious mental disorder.
None should be in the military/law enforcement, national security, govt or have any access to children

They need real help not enabling with that "lifestyle choice" BS
Yep. Get them mental health doctors and meds to help them.

Interesting argument with which I agree that it’s a mental illness. But since it’s a mental illness everyone with high security jobs should be reassigned to peeling potatoes and rearranging the flowers in the lobby. You can’t have mentally ill people running our society.

The Supreme Court will soon decide whether to hear a case, Kincaid v. Williams, that turns on whether gender dysphoria is a protected category under the Americans With Disabilities Act, a decision that brings into focus how the clash over transgender rights could arrive at the high court’s docket in the heady days before the 2024 presidential election.

The ADA, co-sponsored by Senators Ted Kennedy and Harkin and passed in 1990, mandates that a “covered entity” shall not discriminate against “a qualified individual with a disability.” It aimed to expand the protections of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which encompasses race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to reach those with disabilities.

The ADA defines a “disability” as a “physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.” In 2008, Congress mandated that “disability” shall be “construed in favor of broad coverage of individuals under this chapter, to the maximum extent permitted.”

Being trans and having Gender Dysphoria are not one in the same thing.

Except people with mental illnesses such as anxiety disorder or depression do that all the time.

Now, if you want to have a psych test for public office, I'm down with that. I don't think your Orange Messiah will do that well. Maybe we can have a Shrink board consisting of Dr. Bandy X. Lee and his niece, Dr. Mary Trump.

Personally, I'm not in favor of classifying Gender Dysphoria as a mental illness, because Gender Dysphoric people are perfectly capable of doing their jobs. It's the rest of society that freaks out.

I can just see SCOTUS when they have Kincaid v. Williams set before them....They will be all like....

R.a9013d8b79d6af2521e4b42cc361acb1

Being trans and having Gender Dysphoria are not one in the same thing.
Signs Of Gender Dysphoria

Gender dysphoria looks different for every person who deals with it. But some common trends are:

• A strong desire to be seen and treated as a different gender
  • Discomfort surrounding biological sex characteristics
  • Discomfort surrounding being treated and seen as the gender assigned at birth
Any dude that likes dressing like a female needs to prove they aren’t mentally ill.
1687431641407.jpeg

Except people with mental illnesses such as anxiety disorder or depression do that all the time.

Now, if you want to have a psych test for public office, I'm down with that. I don't think your Orange Messiah will do that well. Maybe we can have a Shrink board consisting of Dr. Bandy X. Lee and his niece, Dr. Mary Trump.

Personally, I'm not in favor of classifying Gender Dysphoria as a mental illness, because Gender Dysphoric people are perfectly capable of doing their jobs. It's the rest of society that freaks out.
I don’t need a test to determine if they are mentally unstable.
1687431793114.jpeg

I can only say on the subject of my observations with these types of people. In my past job where I go into people's homes to do repairs, I have been verbally and physically abused by those types. Only once was I badly hurt so I let their parents handle the situation. I didn't see a need to call the police. If this behavior is common among these folks then I say yes there is some mental Illness situation and I agree they maybe shouldn't be allowed in certain jobs and situations unless they are under strict observation by a qualified person.

Signs Of Gender Dysphoria

Gender dysphoria looks different for every person who deals with it. But some common trends are:

• A strong desire to be seen and treated as a different gender
  • Discomfort surrounding biological sex characteristics
  • Discomfort surrounding being treated and seen as the gender assigned at birth

did you make those up yourself?

SCOTUS will determine if it’s a mental illness. It’s not me making the argument that it is, I simply agree.

Be careful what you wish for. Making them a protected class under ADA will give them all sorts of rights and probably won't bar them from any jobs. They'll probably get increased accommodations.

Friend of mine told me that at his job, a coworker recently came back from an extended leave identifying as the opposite sex, and the company sat everyone down and made sure that they all used the right pronouns and that there was no dead-naming going on. Why? They didn't want the potential lawsuit.

If SCOTUS rules the way you want, you'll see more of that,not less.

SCOTUS will determine if it’s a mental illness. It’s not me making the argument that it is, I simply agree.
The problem is that you're too stupid to really understand these terms. Gender dysphoria isn't the same thing as being trans. GD is the distress that some trans people suffer from. You can think of it like PTSD among combat veterans. It's common among veterans but not all veterans suffer from PTSD.

The problem is that you're too stupid to really understand these terms. Gender dysphoria isn't the same thing as being trans. GD is the distress that some trans people suffer from. You can think of it like PTSD among combat veterans. It's common among veterans but not all veterans suffer from PTSD.
Hilarious!

Be careful what you wish for. Making them a protected class under ADA will give them all sorts of rights and probably won't bar them from any jobs. They'll probably get increased accommodations.

Friend of mine told me that at his job, a coworker recently came back from an extended leave identifying as the opposite sex, and the company sat everyone down and made sure that they all used the right pronouns and that there was no dead-naming going on. Why? They didn't want the potential lawsuit.

If SCOTUS rules the way you want, you'll see more of that,not less.
Yeah, no doubt you think mentally ill people should run nuclear power plants.

It's not a mental illness. It's a social disease. Easily cured using morals, values, standards, and a proper upbringing. It's symptoms are primarily exacerbated by over use of social media, internet activity and exposure to far left progressive agendas.

Kavanaugh has ruled against conservative principles on previous decisions regarding trans issues.

That’s the problem with nominating judges, as the right does, not activists, like the left does, onto the Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back