If there is a gay gene "I gotta be me" then explain

how their genetic code gets passed on?

I mean gays like to have sex with the same sex.
So if the MAJORITY of species reproduce with male/female.. AGAIN I wrote "MAJORITY"..
how would the gay gene get passed on?
I mean the whole purpose of "selection of the fittest'.. evolution,etc. is based on sexual reproduction.

So explain please how can this be?

I'm not the only one asking that question..

A problem for those of us who favor a genetic basis for sexual orientation is why, from an evolutionary point of view, gay attractions should exist at all.
Homosexuality needs to demonstrate a survival benefit sufficient to offset the reproductive cost that the orientation would be expected to exact.
Richard Pillard is a professor of psychiatry at the Boston University School of Medicine.
A 'gay Gene?' - The 'gay Gene' And Evolution - A Problem? | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS
Well, this would certainly prove that the concept "supporting" the theory of evolution to be in error...

Last edited:
Where is the gene that makes me like carrots?

If you don't have the carrot gene, you are an abnormal freak and should not be allowed to marry other non-carrot gene freaks. Not eating carrots is an unhealthy lifestyle.

What makes you think liking, or not liking, carrots is genetic?

Nothing? That's what I thought.

I don't think there is a gay gene. When I get into discussions with people on why someone would, "choose", to be gay, I just tell them this. Try to imagine yourself having to change your sexual orientation because you were told you had to.

Now I am a straight female and have never had an ounce of desire to experiment with a woman. I am not attracted to women, only men. It's exactly the same for people that are attracted to the same sex. It's what they want and desire. I would no more think that they could change any more than I could. I think it's simple.

Try to imagine thinking because it is perfectly normal.

Try to imagine enjoying voting for someone you hate because you were told you have to. Try to imagine killing someone because you were told you have to. does the fact that you cannot imagine either prove that it is impossible to do either if you decided it was necessary, or even desirable? People have free will, even if they refuse to believe it. That freewill extends to every part of their lives, even if they cannot imagine changing their minds.

There's no left-handed gene either, is there?

People who are born left handed can learn to be right handed, and vice versa. This is possible even if they are adults. Does that prove that I am right about sexual preference being a choice?

Or does it just prove that you picked the wrong thing to try and make a point?

There is no left handed gene...why does there hav to be a gay gene?

There doesn't, they are both a choice.

So why can't I write right-handed?

Because you never took the time to learn? Because you lack willpower? How the fuck would I know what goes on inside your head? The simple fact is that it is possible to learn to use the off hand if you want. If it wasn't banks wouldn't issue updated signature cards for people who break something and cannot use their dominant hand to sign things.

There doesn't, they are both a choice.

Because you never took the time to learn? Because you lack willpower? How the fuck would I know what goes on inside your head? The simple fact is that it is possible to learn to use the off hand if you want. If it wasn't banks wouldn't issue updated signature cards for people who break something and cannot use their dominant hand to sign things.

Why should I 'take the time to learn?' My handwriting is perfectly legible. I'm left-handed.

My sister's the gay one.

Why should I 'take the time to learn?' My handwriting is perfectly legible. I'm left-handed.

My sister's the gay one.

Where did I say you had to do anything? You asked me a question about what goes on in your head, I admitted I am not psychic.

My sister's the gay one.

Where did I say you had to do anything? You asked me a question about what goes on in your head, I admitted I am not psychic.

Read up. You allege that gays are not born because there is no gay gene.

Nor is there a left-handed gene. Therefore, your point is invalid.

My sister's the gay one.

How does the fact that there is no left handed gene prove that gays are born that way? Handedness is a learned response, you are not born with it.

How does the fact that there is no left handed gene prove that gays are born that way? Handedness is a learned response, you are not born with it.

No, it's not. Left-handed people have right-handed children, and vice-versa.

There s no "gay" gene. However, there isn't a gay alive that will cop to "gay" being a choice. They are all absolutely certain that (for little boys) the affinity to play with dolls and wear Momma's makeup and (for little girls) the idea of wearing combat boots, plaid and jeans were "handed" down from on high.

I have no clue on this earth where the "pervert" gene comes from, but I suspect that, like the tooth "fairy", the child is visited in the dead of night and "something special" is placed "under the pillow". :eusa_whistle:

So when did you choose to be straight? I was eight or nine when I decided that I didn't want to be gay and chose to be straight instead.

Forum List

Back