What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Obama defeats Romney...

elvis

Rookie
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
25,881
Reaction score
4,467
Points
0
should Obama thank the evangelicals for their bigotry?
 
OP
elvis

elvis

Rookie
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
25,881
Reaction score
4,467
Points
0
They may stay home because they won't support a Mormon.
 

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
86,930
Reaction score
28,354
Points
2,275
Location
Kansas City
His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.
 

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
56,532
Reaction score
6,243
Points
1,840
Location
New York City
should Obama thank the evangelicals for their bigotry?

Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. That's amazing.

I don't like Romney..and I don't plan to vote for him. But he's never injected his religion into the political debates or conversation. It should not be a factor.
 

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
23,406
Reaction score
8,012
Points
890
If I was Obama, I'd begin to look for someplace to live cause he ain't going to be living in Washington, DC too much longer.
 

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
56,532
Reaction score
6,243
Points
1,840
Location
New York City
His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.

Funny you should say that. I saw a republican and democratic pudit suggesting that he might be thinking about Herman Cain. Given his behavior toward Cain, that's not so farfetched. It would be a more exciting ticket then say, Romney/Pawlenty..but not as safe.
 

Dr.Traveler

Mathematician
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
3,948
Reaction score
652
Points
190
His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.

This. I don't see it as completely out of the realm of possibility that Romney would pick Bachmann or someone as far tot he right as her for a Veep.

The problem with that strategy though is that even with a Veep specifically picked to motivate the base, McCain had at best lukewarm support. I'm thinking that the GOP is so strongly motivated by defeating Obama that Romney would do a little better, but that could be his biggest weakness.
 
OP
elvis

elvis

Rookie
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
25,881
Reaction score
4,467
Points
0
His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.

Funny you should say that. I saw a republican and democratic pudit suggesting that he might be thinking about Herman Cain. Given his behavior toward Cain, that's not so farfetched. It would be a more exciting ticket then say, Romney/Pawlenty..but not as safe.

Most exciting things are not safe.
 

Valerie

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
31,521
Reaction score
7,386
Points
1,170
should Obama thank the evangelicals for their bigotry?

Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. That's amazing.

I don't like Romney..and I don't plan to vote for him. But he's never injected his religion into the political debates or conversation. It should not be a factor.



"Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon.




Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign manager..why ever would he say that? :lol:


Link?


Mostly the only people I ever see claiming that lately are Democrats...



So if it came true in 2012, that's 20% of what, 20% ?

They definitely won't be voting for Obama, so.....
 
OP
elvis

elvis

Rookie
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
25,881
Reaction score
4,467
Points
0
should Obama thank the evangelicals for their bigotry?

Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. That's amazing.

I don't like Romney..and I don't plan to vote for him. But he's never injected his religion into the political debates or conversation. It should not be a factor.



"Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon.




Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign manager..why ever would he say that? :lol:


Link?


Mostly the only people I ever see claiming that lately are Democrats...



So if it came true in 2012, that's 20% of what, 20% ?

They definitely won't be voting for Obama, so.....
that's 4%.
 

Cammmpbell

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
5,095
Reaction score
519
Points
48
They may stay home because they won't support a Mormon.

It could be the guy from Texas...then look at what we would have going for us:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux3DKxxFoM]President Bush -- Fool me Once - YouTube[/ame]
 

Dragon

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2011
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
578
Points
48
Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign manager..why ever would he say that? :lol:

Heh. Good point. But, on the assumption he wasn't blowing smoke:

They definitely won't be voting for Obama, so.....

No, most of them won't vote for Obama, but the question is whether they'll vote at all. Or vote third party if they do.

Gawd, if Obama wins reelection by default because of stupid religious bigotry -- well, hell, it's no better than we deserve.
 

Valerie

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
31,521
Reaction score
7,386
Points
1,170
Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. That's amazing.

I don't like Romney..and I don't plan to vote for him. But he's never injected his religion into the political debates or conversation. It should not be a factor.



"Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon.




Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign manager..why ever would he say that? :lol:


Link?


Mostly the only people I ever see claiming that lately are Democrats...



So if it came true in 2012, that's 20% of what, 20% ?

They definitely won't be voting for Obama, so.....
that's 4%.




I'm just guessing at the percentage of Republicans who call themselves evangelical, but it's probably close to 20%..? So Ed Rollins, at this stage of posturing for the nomination, claims that 20% of THEM refuse to vote for Romney. I think that obviously remains to be seen and most likely if given the choice of Obama winning or not winning, they will join the other 80% of their fellow evangelicals, hold their nose and vote for the Mormon... Just my opinion. I'd still like to see the Rollins quote though...
 
OP
elvis

elvis

Rookie
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
25,881
Reaction score
4,467
Points
0

"Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon.




Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign manager..why ever would he say that? :lol:


Link?


Mostly the only people I ever see claiming that lately are Democrats...



So if it came true in 2012, that's 20% of what, 20% ?

They definitely won't be voting for Obama, so.....
that's 4%.




I'm just guessing at the percentage of Republicans who call themselves evangelical, but it's probably close to 20%..? So Ed Rollins, at this stage of posturing for the nomination, claims that 20% of THEM refuse to vote for Romney. I think that obviously remains to be seen and most likely if given the choice of Obama winning or not winning, they will join the other 80% of their fellow evangelicals, hold their nose and vote for the Mormon... Just my opinion. I'd still like to see the Rollins quote though...

Yeah. wasn't arguing with you.. I hope you are right.
 

Jackson

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
27,506
Reaction score
7,905
Points
290
Location
Nashville
Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign manager..why ever would he say that? :lol:

Heh. Good point. But, on the assumption he wasn't blowing smoke:

They definitely won't be voting for Obama, so.....

No, most of them won't vote for Obama, but the question is whether they'll vote at all. Or vote third party if they do.

Gawd, if Obama wins reelection by default because of stupid religious bigotry -- well, hell, it's no better than we deserve.

You're right about that! I thought this nation was learning some tolerance after the last election. My bad.
 

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
84,532
Reaction score
16,069
Points
2,180
God Almighty will speak to the Evangelicals and tell them to Vote Romney and make obie wan go back to the windy city..
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top