If Obama defeats Romney...

His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.

No time to read the whole thread--house guests arriving shortly and we aren't ready--but I'm getting strong vibes that if Romney is the nominee, he will pick Christie as the VP. And that will be a very strong ticket.

There's a large number of us though who would not look adversely on a Cain/Gingrich ticket as I'm pretty sure Cain would choose Newt as his running mate.

Then there is the Ron Paul/Gary Johnson ticket that looks very likely if by some long shot Paul won the nomination. That one though I think is iffy to beat Obama.

No clue who Bachmann, Huntsman, or Santorum would choose but I think it right now looks unlikely that any of them will be either the nominee or the VP pick.

His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.

No time to read the whole thread--house guests arriving shortly and we aren't ready--but I'm getting strong vibes that if Romney is the nominee, he will pick Christie as the VP. And that will be a very strong ticket.

There's a large number of us though who would not look adversely on a Cain/Gingrich ticket as I'm pretty sure Cain would choose Newt as his running mate.

Then there is the Ron Paul/Gary Johnson ticket that looks very likely if by some long shot Paul won the nomination. That one though I think is iffy to beat Obama.

No clue who Bachmann, Huntsman, or Santorum would choose but I think it right now looks unlikely that any of them will be either the nominee or the VP pick.

Christie won't accept it. He's made himself absolutely clear. He's honoring his commitment to his state. Good for him.

I'd love to see Romney tap Cain as VP.... mainly because the left would go ape-shit. :lol:

I feel sorry for the GOP. Most of those guys are extremist blowhards.

Yea, everyone who disagrees with you is an 'extremist blowhard'. I feel more sorry for you than them. How one individual can remain so steadfastly deluded is beyond comprehension.

I'm very skeptical that one would see such a large effect (20% fewer evangelicals voting for Romney than they would for a non-Mormon Christian). Remember that after Obama captured the nomination high-profile pro-Hillary groups were vowing they would never vote for him. In the end, people mostly voted their party and the pro-Hillary groups' dissatisfaction proved a non-factor. And even if hard-right evangelicals do spurn Romney, it will be very hard to disentangle the religious aspects from the political, since Romney is well to their left politically.

Even pastor Jeffress conceded that religion wouldn't play a deciding role for him in the general election. He urged people to support Perry over Romney because he considered the latter a non-Christian. However, he also said he preferred Romney to Obama, a vowed Christian, because he preferred Romney's politics.

Christie won't accept it. He's made himself absolutely clear. He's honoring his commitment to his state. Good for him.

I'd love to see Romney tap Cain as VP.... mainly because the left would go ape-shit. :lol:

I wouldn't go "apeshit" over Romney choosing Cain. What the GOP does is of very little interest to me.

I'm very skeptical that one would see such a large effect (20% fewer evangelicals voting for Romney than they would for a non-Mormon Christian). Remember that after Obama captured the nomination high-profile pro-Hillary groups were vowing they would never vote for him. In the end, people mostly voted their party and the pro-Hillary groups' dissatisfaction proved a non-factor. And even if hard-right evangelicals do spurn Romney, it will be very hard to disentangle the religious aspects from the political, since Romney is well to their left politically.

Even pastor Jeffress conceded that religion wouldn't play a deciding role for him in the general election. He urged people to support Perry over Romney because he considered the latter a non-Christian. However, he also said he preferred Romney to Obama, a vowed Christian, because he preferred Romney's politics.

It's interesting to see the GOP candidates all trying to outchristainize each other. As if religion is the new gold standard requirement for POTUS.

I wouldn't go "apeshit" over Romney choosing Cain. What the GOP does is of very little interest to me.

translation. I'm brainwashed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's interesting to see the GOP candidates all trying to outchristainize each other. As if religion is the new gold standard requirement for POTUS.

Mott Romney in 2007....

"I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith nor should he be rejected because of his faith.

"Let me assure you that no authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin.

"As governor, I tried to do the right as best I knew it, serving the law and answering to the Constitution. I did not confuse the particular teachings of my church with the obligations of the office and of the Constitution - and of course, I would not do so as president. I will put no doctrine of any church above the plain duties of the office and the sovereign authority of the law.

"As a young man, Lincoln described what he called America's 'political religion' - the commitment to defend the rule of law and the Constitution. When I place my hand on the Bible and take the oath of office, that oath becomes my highest promise to God. If I am fortunate to become your president, I will serve no one religion, no one group, no one cause, and no one interest. A president must serve only the common cause of the people of the United States."

Transcript: Mitt Romney's Faith Speech : NPR

should Obama thank the evangelicals for their bigotry?

Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. That's amazing.

I don't like Romney..and I don't plan to vote for him. But he's never injected his religion into the political debates or conversation. It should not be a factor.
agree. I lived in Massachusetts when he was governor and he NEVER injected his faith in to his governorship.

Forum List

Back