If Obama defeats Romney...

• Banned
They may stay home because they won't support a Mormon.

should Obama thank the evangelicals for their bigotry?

Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. That's amazing.

I don't like Romney..and I don't plan to vote for him. But he's never injected his religion into the political debates or conversation. It should not be a factor.

If I was Obama, I'd begin to look for someplace to live cause he ain't going to be living in Washington, DC too much longer.

His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.

Funny you should say that. I saw a republican and democratic pudit suggesting that he might be thinking about Herman Cain. Given his behavior toward Cain, that's not so farfetched. It would be a more exciting ticket then say, Romney/Pawlenty..but not as safe.

His vp pick should he win the nomination will solidify the base. I see him picking a hard right conservative.

This. I don't see it as completely out of the realm of possibility that Romney would pick Bachmann or someone as far tot he right as her for a Veep.

The problem with that strategy though is that even with a Veep specifically picked to motivate the base, McCain had at best lukewarm support. I'm thinking that the GOP is so strongly motivated by defeating Obama that Romney would do a little better, but that could be his biggest weakness.

• Banned

Funny you should say that. I saw a republican and democratic pudit suggesting that he might be thinking about Herman Cain. Given his behavior toward Cain, that's not so farfetched. It would be a more exciting ticket then say, Romney/Pawlenty..but not as safe.

Most exciting things are not safe.

Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. That's amazing.

I don't like Romney..and I don't plan to vote for him. But he's never injected his religion into the political debates or conversation. It should not be a factor.

"Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon.

Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign manager..why ever would he say that? :lol:

Link?

Mostly the only people I ever see claiming that lately are Democrats...

So if it came true in 2012, that's 20% of what, 20% ?

They definitely won't be voting for Obama, so.....

"Ed Rollins said last night that over 20% of evangelicals will not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon.

Link?

that's 4%.

They may stay home because they won't support a Mormon.

It could be the guy from Texas...then look at what we would have going for us:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux3DKxxFoM]President Bush -- Fool me Once - YouTube[/ame]

Heh. Good point. But, on the assumption he wasn't blowing smoke:

No, most of them won't vote for Obama, but the question is whether they'll vote at all. Or vote third party if they do.

Gawd, if Obama wins reelection by default because of stupid religious bigotry -- well, hell, it's no better than we deserve.

Link?

that's 4%.

I'm just guessing at the percentage of Republicans who call themselves evangelical, but it's probably close to 20%..? So Ed Rollins, at this stage of posturing for the nomination, claims that 20% of THEM refuse to vote for Romney. I think that obviously remains to be seen and most likely if given the choice of Obama winning or not winning, they will join the other 80% of their fellow evangelicals, hold their nose and vote for the Mormon... Just my opinion. I'd still like to see the Rollins quote though...

Link?

that's 4%.

I'm just guessing at the percentage of Republicans who call themselves evangelical, but it's probably close to 20%..? So Ed Rollins, at this stage of posturing for the nomination, claims that 20% of THEM refuse to vote for Romney. I think that obviously remains to be seen and most likely if given the choice of Obama winning or not winning, they will join the other 80% of their fellow evangelicals, hold their nose and vote for the Mormon... Just my opinion. I'd still like to see the Rollins quote though...

Yeah. wasn't arguing with you.. I hope you are right.

Heh. Good point. But, on the assumption he wasn't blowing smoke:

No, most of them won't vote for Obama, but the question is whether they'll vote at all. Or vote third party if they do.

Gawd, if Obama wins reelection by default because of stupid religious bigotry -- well, hell, it's no better than we deserve.

You're right about that! I thought this nation was learning some tolerance after the last election. My bad.

God Almighty will speak to the Evangelicals and tell them to Vote Romney and make obie wan go back to the windy city..

Forum List

Back