Bloomberg Debate

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
First, if people don't see that polls do matter, then they aren't watching the debates. In past debates Cain got only a few questions, but in this debate he got the most questions. And see how few questions Bachmann is getting now that she is running so low. The polls at this point can change and aren't votes, but the polls matter in terms of donations coming in, question and respect at the debates and media coverage you get. Polls matter!

My Take:
Debate Loser: Perry - the man needed to knock the ball out of the park and the guy didn't even get a hit. He sounded so clueless and so Bushesque, I see him sinking further. "What is your economic plan" Perry's reply "Energy independence!" Every President since Ike had that aim! I think that is a good aim for our energy needs, but if that is your only economic plan, then you look like a fool! As Perry does. I am off any Perry wagon I might have been on.

Debate Winner: Romney - not because he had the best performance, because he didn't, but as the front-runner he did a good enough job not to lose ground and with Christie's endorsement, he will gain some ground. I think he had a FLAWLESS rebuttal to Perry's question on Romneycare. Perry tried a gotta question and Romney hada flawless rebuttal and Perry once again had a blank dumb-founded look! I used to be glad he was TX's governor, now I think Perry needs to get knocked down from that all important state.

Debate best Performance: Paul - Anyone who is familiar with my posts know that I am not a Paul fan, but even I was like Paul is making sense. He stayed away from his bat crazy policies and just answer had witty answers to the questions!

Worst Question Response: Cain - Sorry to say it, because I see the man as our savior, but Al Greenspan? Are you serious. I think it was a case that Cain got caught off guard by the question and couldn't think of any other name, but Greenspan is not a favorable name. He is viewed an integral part of the cause of the mortgage meltdown.

Quit Complaining Award: Santorum - Quit complaining about the number of questions you get. You are at 1% in the polls, not raising money and lucky to even be allowed at the debate. You don't deserve to move up from the kids table until you prove to be a contender.

Bat-Crazy-Bitch Award: Bachmann - I used to think she was a smarter Palin, but now I think she's a nutjob who levels below Palin!

I wish he would get more traction: Huntsman - The man ran a great state in UT. He has great knowledge on China. He was a successful businessman. He has a pretty good economic plan. Yet he can't seem to get off the ground. He is my number 2 favorite after Cain, but I think he might be done before Iowa.

Thank you, GHook for your analysis. I thought it was well done. I was disappointed that you didn't mention Gingrich. He must not have impressed you to be remembered for anything notable.

I thought his input was good as usual and he came off as the wisest in the group. He doesn't appear like he's begging for votes, but even takes the opportunity to compliment other candidates for exceptional answers.

The organizers of the debates give the front runners the most of the questions. I would rather see all of the candidates get the same number of questions and give others the opportunity to surge ahead when it's appropriate.

My ticket would have Newt as VP. He would make up for Cain's lack of political experience.
Romney would be my second choice for POTUS, but he might fare better than Cain in the general.
A part of me really wants to see Coin vs. obama. I'd bet Cain would get 30 to 40% of obama's must trusted demographic.

My ticket would have Newt as VP. He would make up for Cain's lack of political experience.
Romney would be my second choice for POTUS, but he might fare better than Cain in the general.
A part of me really wants to see Coin vs. obama. I'd bet Cain would get 30 to 40% of obama's must trusted demographic.

In my humble opinion, I believe Newt would be on everyone's short list for VP.

Cain himself has mentioned that he expects to get 1/3 of the black vote. Perhaps with that in mind, the Independents and aisle crossers would account for even a larger percentage of Obama voters. Who knows.

I actually think Romney and Newt did the best.

I don't think Cain helped himself at all and I suspect Bacchman may pick up a couple of percentage points off of cain.

Ron Paul did normal for Ron Paul and I don't see his support growing or diminishing as a result of the debate.

Perry didn't help himself at all, he didn't hurt himself much either.

The other canidates stayed the same too and should get out of the race IMO.

In my humble opinion, I believe Newt would be on everyone's short list for VP.

Cain himself has mentioned that he expects to get 1/3 of the black vote. Perhaps with that in mind, the Independents and aisle crossers would account for even a larger percentage of Obama voters. Who knows.

I would love to see a Newt/Cain or a Cain/Newt ticket...from the field that is my dream choice.

However, I think a Romney/Cain ticket would be the strongest ticket for the republicans next year.

I would LOVE newt as VP or Pres or at the very least press secretary ;)

Well, some might respond to Cain's 999 plan with something akin to this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0CfhdkrEmU&feature=related]Hitler's Phone Number - YouTube[/ame]

Funny, really. That we are going to solve the nation's 70% of GDP debt problem with its 200% of GDP projected debt problem within less than 20 years, with a regressive tax policy that isn't even revenue neutral in real terms, is like saying you are going to plug a leak in the Hoover Dam with a Used Toothpick.

It is no wonder that we are in the economic mess were in right now. That same Presidential "hopeful" actually believes that Greenspan would make the prototypical Fed Chair Appointee, when it was Greenspan, who after 911, launched an unholy war against the USD and drove it into weakness against most all other major currencies of the industrialized world.

What's worse - Cain, is actually rising in the polls among the Republican portion of the nation's electorate. And, we wonder where such tragic events such as the global economic collapse of 2008, obtain their genesis.

Last edited:

Would you enjoy with equal pleasure, a new Contract On America?

The problem with Newt Gingrich, is that he's intellectually dishonest to the core. He's managed to net the label of Conservative Intellectual, but when you study Newts words, listen to what the man actually says and revisit contemporary history, you often times find out that Newt Gingrich has a severe problem with the truth. The truth about his participation in the creation of an environment where American Middle Class Jobs were being readied for flight outside the United States in droves.

Newt Gingrich, believes in deregulating industry to the point of absurdity and allowing *free markets* to decide how best to protect the consumer, is the answer for America's economic problems today. He actually believes (as does all of the Republican candidates at this point) that doing precisely what was done from 1980 through 2008, in terms of deregulating the Banking and Finance industries, is the answer to solving our current economic problem.

His number one false claim, is that Obama, has destroyed our economy (what a joke) with regulation, when the record of history could not be more clear, in that what destroyed our economy was a total LACK of targeted and specific regulatory controls on the Banking and Finance industries, coupled to the massive spending and borrowing that our Federal government engaged during the dual term of President Bush 43. But, he can't admit that truth - that's an inconvenient truth for a twister of history like Newt Gingrich.

The ONLY candidate on the Right that I even had the remotest amount of respect and appreciation for was Ron Paul. Though, I do not agree with everything he has to say on how to fix our economy, at least Ron Paul, is willing to admit that BOTH Republicans and Democrats share responsibility for creating the mess we now find ourselves smothered by.

Furthermore, Ron Paul, is the only Republican candidate that I've witnessed on camera, admit that it was Republicans who dropped the ball from 2000 through 2008, with massive spending, unpaid for wars and not clue whatsoever about what to do with the American Economy, as there was no Domestic Agenda produced by any Republican (House, Senate or White House) during the entire presidency of George W. Bush.

Newt Gingrich, cannot possibly bring himself to be that intellectually honest about what is so readily apparent and crystal clear, as Ron Paul, does without hesitation.

If the lens of perception were truly clear on the vast majority of the Republican candidates, and if people were being truly intellectually honest about what's been stated as a "solution" to our current economic problems, then nobody on earth would have any reason whatsoever, to believe that these candidates even remotely understand what they are talking about - short of Ron Paul.

In fact, given the debate last night, I'm going to start paying a lot more attention to Ron Paul, going forward. As an Independent, I still support President Obama, as he's received nothing but intentional obstruction from Republicans in Congress and because this nightmare of an economic problem was not his doing, or his creation. He has had to play the roll of Janitor in Chief, in an attempt to clean-up the impossible MESS left behind by Warmongers and War Criminals, hell bent on providing Iraqi PSA Oil contracts to their respective cronies, and not in doing what's in the best interest of the United States.

So, Obama, does have my support as an Independent voter, but Ron Paul, has my ear going forward.

We need to find as graceful a way as possible to purge the national debt and at the same time, not destroy the USD anymore than Greenspan, has already. That trick will be like pulling a rabbit out of the hat, because it would be extremely difficult to maintain stability in the credit markets globally, if we attempted Ron's solution which would be to simply allow the economy to "bottom out" and allow those financial institutions that rely on bubbles to fail. Such a solution would be a very difficult road to travel for mainstream America, but such a solution would guaranteed that the U.S. economy emerges stronger than before AND with a clean dollar bill on the global market and THAT is hugely important to our economic survival going forward.

These are the hard facts that politicians like Gingrich and Romney, simply don't have the capacity to accept as truth. At least Ron, gets it.

We MUST shed our debt. One way or another. It has reached critical mass and we can no longer support it - period. We either find a way to shed our debt, or we destroy our economy forever.

Fair look at the debate and I agree with most of it.

I'd like to see a Paul/Newt Ticket, I think it could win and be one of the stronger tickets. This is me picking a VP from the pool of people on stage.

I know Cain is a lot of people fav this week but unless he really starts answering some questions and answering very well he will be toast. You can't run off one thing alone and as people start calling him on his 999 plan not even being able to pass why would you vote for him.

Mitt I think will drop out after the first few primaries if he does not win them all

Perry will drop out before primaries or after the first 1

Michele will wait till primaries then drop

Newt will stick it out because he has nothing to lose and will do better and better imo

Cain will be up and down depending on if he reads about 100 books and gets an opinion on more subjects than his own version of the tax code and building a trillion dollar fence.

Santorum is to angry but making small progress IMO

Huntsman thinks he's funny but no one else does.

Paul is in for the long haul, he will have to get lucky or he will just remain a 10er%, anything is possible at this point IMO… One strong showing in an early primary would work.

I didnt watch it because I did not know what channel it was going to be on. Why do they do this every debate they are different channels GRRR

I didnt watch it because I did not know what channel it was going to be on. Why do they do this every debate they are different channels GRRR

Mainly Cain had to talk about himself and defend his 9 9 9 plan, it didn't go so well for him.

In fact he outright lies about his 9 9 9 plan from asking others to run the numbers, the host said "we ran the numbers and you would raise to little revenue" and Cain just tells them that is not true...

Cain was asked if his 9 9 9 taxes can be raised he says "no"...

Cain is asked about who he liked as Federal Reserve chairman he says "Alan Greenspan."

Cain is asked who he would appoint head of the Fed and he says he has 2 people he has ready.... After he tries to pretend he is not an insider politician, proving he is the worst kind.

Cain lies and says he was fine with the Fed getting audited when he was chairmen, there is audio of him from 2010 saying otherwise.

So the night was mainly about Cain, then Mitt, but mostly Cain... People hoped there was more there, hell I did... But unless he makes a comeback he really hurt himself.

Oh, and everyone was sitting....

I googled "Republican Debate" and found out it was on Bloomberg.. then I picked up my remote control and went blip blip blip.. by golly

Thank you, GHook for your analysis. I thought it was well done. I was disappointed that you didn't mention Gingrich. He must not have impressed you to be remembered for anything notable.

I thought his input was good as usual and he came off as the wisest in the group. He doesn't appear like he's begging for votes, but even takes the opportunity to compliment other candidates for exceptional answers.

The organizers of the debates give the front runners the most of the questions. I would rather see all of the candidates get the same number of questions and give others the opportunity to surge ahead when it's appropriate.

Newt and Bachmann!!!!!

I was cheering as they shocked Rose by pinning the blame for the mortgage meltdown exactly where it belongs!!!!

Democrat elected officials!!!!

GSE's!!!!

CRA!!!!!

Dodd!!!

Frank!!!

And it seemed to me that Newt was the only one that got sustained applause last night!

Cain all but confirmed Newt as VP if he gets the ticket. Romney is my 3rd choice. McCain got I think 4% of the Black vote. I think Cain might do better at 8%, but getting beyond 10% would be a stretch.

See Blacks provided in Chicago, they don't vote only for the Black candidate, that candidate must be Democratic first!

I actually think Romney and Newt did the best.
Newt has done great at every debate, but it's not translating into donors or at the polls. Romney did the best in that he didn't hurt himself.

I don't think Cain helped himself at all and I suspect Bacchman may pick up a couple of percentage points off of cain.
Cain's worst performance yet, but he still got a decent point across.

Bachmann is a bat crazy bitch and she came off as such. Stick a fork in her! Her negative attacks on Perry sunk her, so why wouldn't her negative attacks on Cain sink her further!

Ron Paul did normal for Ron Paul and I don't see his support growing or diminishing as a result of the debate.
Very true and he so far off the GOP base to be a true contender!

Perry didn't help himself at all, he didn't hurt himself much either.
He needed a homerun and he looked like a bumbling lost fool! Saying we all grew up Democratic in Texas in response to Bachmann saying in 1998 you worked on Gore's campaign isn't cutting the mustard! His economic plan of "energy independence" isn't solid plan. It makes him look more clueless.

He hurt himself bigtime. I hope this primary stint actually knocks him out of the primaries for governor of texas!

The other canidates stayed the same too and should get out of the race IMO.
There is always a play for VP at stake, but I would like for Santorum, Bachmann, Johnson (who seems to appear in every other debate), Huntsman (I like the guy, but he always polls last at under 1% and that doesn't seem to change) and Paul would drop out of the race. None of them really have a chance and they only take time away from the real candidates. I don't mean they should be prohibited from running or being part of the debates.

Mainly Cain had to talk about himself and defend his 9 9 9 plan, it didn't go so well for him.
That is not true! People are liking his plan. His mess up ws Greenspan!

In fact he outright lies about his 9 9 9 plan from asking others to run the numbers, the host said "we ran the numbers and you would raise to little revenue" and Cain just tells them that is not true...
THAT IS A LIE!!! First, he said their projects were incorrect. He said his team did projects and its revenue negative! These are projects. It's almost impossible to get a definite read on the projects like this. In IL Gov Quinn used BLOOMBERG as his estimator for the revenue the tax increases he imposed would bring. BLOOMBERG was off, we are actually getting less revenue!

Second, they are arguing by only 10%!!!
Third, Cain's plan would would absolutely simulate the economy! Small business owners growing, Corporation would be onshoring, business would be hiring and consumer would be spending. Revenues would blow that $2.2 trillion number away!!!

His plan is about economic growth! Not about keeping all people happy. I guarantee if you took away the loops holes and lowed the Corporate tax to 9% (from 35% I might add) corporation would be flocking to America! Also corporation production costs would go down significantly, therefore they wouldn't push the cost onto the consumer. The 9% sales tax would be offset corporations not havign to push these costs onto the consumer!

If you replaced the payroll and progressive income tax with 9% tax. The vast vast majority of Americans woul get a significant tax decrease. For the small business owners, who are hit with the flow-through income taxes and who HIRE the majority of American workers, would see a significant decrease in taxes and would be able to HIRE!!!

Cain was asked if his 9 9 9 taxes can be raised he says "no"...
That is an outright misrepresentation! He said he would have measures in place to prevent this. Such as the 2/3 vote (and less face it, 2/3 of Congress can't agree on SHIT) and if 2/3 of Congress were Democrats do you really thing taxes won't increase! He also said he would be President and he would veto it. And I forgot the last one.

Cain is asked about who he liked as Federal Reserve chairman he says "Alan Greenspan."
Best mess up of the debate no doubt. I think it was more the case of Cain off guard and couldn't think of anyone else!

Cain is asked who he would appoint head of the Fed and he says he has 2 people he has ready.... After he tries to pretend he is not an insider politician, proving he is the worst kind.
I see nothing wrong with this answer! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE NOMINATION YET, so why should he state names of people, who might not want to be mentioned yet. This would be a better question for the generals! Either way, since Cain is a economic genius I trust his choice!

Cain lies and says he was fine with the Fed getting audited when he was chairmen, there is audio of him from 2010 saying otherwise.
Show the audio then! Any you are faulting him for not wanting to be audited with he was the chairman. Your a better man than most! Audits aren't fun!

So the night was mainly about Cain, then Mitt, but mostly Cain... People hoped there was more there, hell I did... But unless he makes a comeback he really hurt himself.
Cain didn't have the best night, but hardly had a horrible night. Other than the Greenspan comment he did fine!

Cain's worst performance yet, but he still got a decent point across.

Bachmann is a bat crazy bitch and she came off as such. Stick a fork in her! Her negative attacks on Perry sunk her, so why wouldn't her negative attacks on Cain sink her further!

I think she did well in the first hour of the debate. I don't care for them attacking each other, it turns me off to things.

What you said about Perry, now that I'm thinking about it, sounds pretty accurate. By not having a steallar performance he is most likely done now.

Would you enjoy with equal pleasure, a new Contract On America?

The problem with Newt Gingrich, is that he's intellectually dishonest to the core. He's managed to net the label of Conservative Intellectual, but when you study Newts words, listen to what the man actually says and revisit contemporary history, you often times find out that Newt Gingrich has a severe problem with the truth. The truth about his participation in the creation of an environment where American Middle Class Jobs were being readied for flight outside the United States in droves.

Newt Gingrich, believes in deregulating industry to the point of absurdity and allowing *free markets* to decide how best to protect the consumer, is the answer for America's economic problems today. He actually believes (as does all of the Republican candidates at this point) that doing precisely what was done from 1980 through 2008, in terms of deregulating the Banking and Finance industries, is the answer to solving our current economic problem.

His number one false claim, is that Obama, has destroyed our economy (what a joke) with regulation, when the record of history could not be more clear, in that what destroyed our economy was a total LACK of targeted and specific regulatory controls on the Banking and Finance industries, coupled to the massive spending and borrowing that our Federal government engaged during the dual term of President Bush 43. But, he can't admit that truth - that's an inconvenient truth for a twister of history like Newt Gingrich.

The ONLY candidate on the Right that I even had the remotest amount of respect and appreciation for was Ron Paul. Though, I do not agree with everything he has to say on how to fix our economy, at least Ron Paul, is willing to admit that BOTH Republicans and Democrats share responsibility for creating the mess we now find ourselves smothered by.

Furthermore, Ron Paul, is the only Republican candidate that I've witnessed on camera, admit that it was Republicans who dropped the ball from 2000 through 2008, with massive spending, unpaid for wars and not clue whatsoever about what to do with the American Economy, as there was no Domestic Agenda produced by any Republican (House, Senate or White House) during the entire presidency of George W. Bush.

Newt Gingrich, cannot possibly bring himself to be that intellectually honest about what is so readily apparent and crystal clear, as Ron Paul, does without hesitation.

If the lens of perception were truly clear on the vast majority of the Republican candidates, and if people were being truly intellectually honest about what's been stated as a "solution" to our current economic problems, then nobody on earth would have any reason whatsoever, to believe that these candidates even remotely understand what they are talking about - short of Ron Paul.

In fact, given the debate last night, I'm going to start paying a lot more attention to Ron Paul, going forward. As an Independent, I still support President Obama, as he's received nothing but intentional obstruction from Republicans in Congress and because this nightmare of an economic problem was not his doing, or his creation. He has had to play the roll of Janitor in Chief, in an attempt to clean-up the impossible MESS left behind by Warmongers and War Criminals, hell bent on providing Iraqi PSA Oil contracts to their respective cronies, and not in doing what's in the best interest of the United States.

So, Obama, does have my support as an Independent voter, but Ron Paul, has my ear going forward.

We need to find as graceful a way as possible to purge the national debt and at the same time, not destroy the USD anymore than Greenspan, has already. That trick will be like pulling a rabbit out of the hat, because it would be extremely difficult to maintain stability in the credit markets globally, if we attempted Ron's solution which would be to simply allow the economy to "bottom out" and allow those financial institutions that rely on bubbles to fail. Such a solution would be a very difficult road to travel for mainstream America, but such a solution would guaranteed that the U.S. economy emerges stronger than before AND with a clean dollar bill on the global market and THAT is hugely important to our economic survival going forward.

These are the hard facts that politicians like Gingrich and Romney, simply don't have the capacity to accept as truth. At least Ron, gets it.

We MUST shed our debt. One way or another. It has reached critical mass and we can no longer support it - period. We either find a way to shed our debt, or we destroy our economy forever.

KA-POW!!!!

kapow.jpg

:eek: WoW!!! One man standing ovation. :clap2: :clap2:

I think I'd like to repost this and/or most of this elsewhere going forward.

New Topics

Forum List

Back