If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

...Then why would god order Noah to take 2 of every animal, if all the animals weren't going to drown because the flood wasn't worldwide as many posters here contend?
Who said that it was only regional?

Some people think it was a regional event, that when the people of Biblical times talked about "the world", it really referred more to "the world as they perceived it". Which is a reasonable argument, since the Bible is pretty obviously written in some places through the perspective of primitive people who knew very little about the science of the universe.

Can't say as I think it changes the point of the story one way or the other.
Nearly every culture talks of a worldwide flood event. Sea creature fossils on top of Everest.

How many species of animals did this all powerful God kill off during his temper tantrum against his human creations?

If that God could make it rain for 40 days and nights, couldn't this God just smote those evil humans directly and not kill off all the animals whom Noah couldn't save?

There was no temper tantrum and God grieved about what was to come in order to keep human DNA in tact.
As is the case with us, spirits are eternal. Even the bad ones. God could kill the demon hybrids, human and animal alike, but not the spirits that created the mess. They are eternal. That is why God created a special place for them, and will be dispatching them at the White Throne Judgment:

Tartarus comes from the Greek word Tartaroo which is used only once in the New Testament in 2 Peter 2:4. "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell...
and continues:
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment".

Damn, how many supernatural creatures do you believe in? Demons, spirits, hybrids, semi gods, demi-gods Big God, Big Devil.......

When I die and meet this God Almighty, I'm going to ask him why he created eye worms. Why?

You poor soul. When you meet God Almighty, I hope your only concern is eye worms...

tyroneweaver is probably honestly deceived about the Holy Bible and Mormon stances on its inerrancy, which is a shame.

The Mormon belief about the Bible is stated in their Articles of Faith: “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly” (Articles of Faith 1:8). The Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price make up the LDS Standard works.

Mormons believe that after the apostles died, a great apostasy robbed many valuable and great things from the Bible. Parts of it were mistanslated, parts of it were lost, and the holy book itself was incomplete and in places corrupt. Books had been removed from the OT and from the NT.

Joseph Smith's tasks included a new, inspired version of the Holy Bible. He made thousands of changes to the Holy Bible.

You can read it here: The Inspired Version of the Bible.

Thus, Mormons do not believe the Holy Bible as it was in the 1830s or today is inerrant.

...Then why would god order Noah to take 2 of every animal, if all the animals weren't going to drown because the flood wasn't worldwide as many posters here contend?

IF it was a regional flood, then he would only have been taking animals from that region.

You're not very good at consistency, are you?
But if all the animals of any species weren't likely to ALL die in a regional flood, why take animals in the first place? Did you understand the question this time?

Back up there, chump. Before you go demanding that I answer a question based on an assumption that "all the animals of any species weren't likely to ALL die", perhaps you should take a second or two to make THAT argument.

I understand your questions all the time. What I don't understand is how you could be mired in such a morass of confusion and half-formed assumptions and still think you're intelligent enough to speak around other human beings.

This might go faster if I explain your fucking question, rather than you doing it. For certain, it will be more sensible.

First of all, many species only populate one area of the world. Even when that is not true, the variety found in one area may be rather different from the variety found in another. For example, there are lizards native to most of the areas of the world, but the specific type of lizard known as the Gila monster lives only in the Sonoran Desert, which is one of the reasons why it's an endangered species. If a catastrophic disaster wiped out the entire Sonoran Desert, there would certainly still be lizards in the world, but there wouldn't be any Gila monsters. This is the entire theory on which environmentalists base their stridency, so you might want to think before dismissing it.

Second of all, just because there are lots of other animals in other areas doesn't mean that completely depopulating all the animals living in ONE area is no big deal. If you don't have any concept of why this is a Bad Thing, you may once again refer to the crazed environmentalists, who are forever conjuring the spectre of just such an occurrence.

It was worldwide and the next one will be the same only fire and brimstone
If it was worldwide, then how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

You're really weak on the whole "God" concept, aren'tcha?
So you don't know either. Got it.

The fact that you don't understand the answer doesn't mean there wasn't one. But okay, I'll explain it like you were the five-year-old you behave like.

If the story of Noah is true, that means there is a God. Which means the explanation of "how did this miraculous thing happen?" would be "Because there is a God, and He made it happen."

Some Christians believe in thousands and millions of demi-urges and other spiritual creations.

They are wrong, but they believe.

Last edited:
A lot of posters here think it was only a regional flood because there's no geologic proof of a worldwide flood, and they at least get that./

"No geologic proof" depends entirely on whether or not one is going into it with the assumption of "The Bible isn't true, therefore there cannot possibly be any proof of it".

no one in their right mind would believe any being but the condemned would perish by a divine judgement in the purpose for the salvation of humanity ... humanity was not regional but the regional humanity may have been the sole target allowing for the areas wildlife being warned as Noah to have found safe shelter.

proving again there is little to nothing meritorious to be found in the 4th century christian bible, desert religions. and answers the riddle.

Do you have any concept what level of hubris you display when you actually say, "God can't exist, because He doesn't conform to my personal view of what's moral"?

IF it was a regional flood, then he would only have been taking animals from that region.

You're not very good at consistency, are you?
But if all the animals of any species weren't likely to ALL die in a regional flood, why take animals in the first place? Did you understand the question this time?

Back up there, chump. Before you go demanding that I answer a question based on an assumption that "all the animals of any species weren't likely to ALL die", perhaps you should take a second or two to make THAT argument.

I understand your questions all the time. What I don't understand is how you could be mired in such a morass of confusion and half-formed assumptions and still think you're intelligent enough to speak around other human beings.

This might go faster if I explain your fucking question, rather than you doing it. For certain, it will be more sensible.

First of all, many species only populate one area of the world. Even when that is not true, the variety found in one area may be rather different from the variety found in another. For example, there are lizards native to most of the areas of the world, but the specific type of lizard known as the Gila monster lives only in the Sonoran Desert, which is one of the reasons why it's an endangered species. If a catastrophic disaster wiped out the entire Sonoran Desert, there would certainly still be lizards in the world, but there wouldn't be any Gila monsters. This is the entire theory on which environmentalists base their stridency, so you might want to think before dismissing it.

Second of all, just because there are lots of other animals in other areas doesn't mean that completely depopulating all the animals living in ONE area is no big deal. If you don't have any concept of why this is a Bad Thing, you may once again refer to the crazed environmentalists, who are forever conjuring the spectre of just such an occurrence.
So why 2 of every animal? Not every animal will go extinct in a regional flood. Look at any flood in the US, when did a species go extinct because of it? Ever?

If it was worldwide, then how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

The fact that you don't understand the answer doesn't mean there wasn't one. But okay, I'll explain it like you were the five-year-old you behave like.

If the story of Noah is true, that means there is a God. Which means the explanation of "how did this miraculous thing happen?" would be "Because there is a God, and He made it happen."
So god can zoom animals all over the planet, but can't make humans that he doesn't feel like he has to drown? That's pretty convoluted.

A lot of posters here think it was only a regional flood because there's no geologic proof of a worldwide flood, and they at least get that./

"No geologic proof" depends entirely on whether or not one is going into it with the assumption of "The Bible isn't true, therefore there cannot possibly be any proof of it".
What geologic proof is there of a 40 day worldwide flood? None. So you move the goalposts to "regional" flood.

So god can zoom animals all over the planet, but can't make humans that he doesn't feel like he has to drown? That's pretty convoluted.
No humans chose to turn on God just as it is today

Who said God couldn't make humans who behaved exactly as He wanted all the time? You are once again making vast assumptions and simply breezing past them as though you expect everyone to function in the same massively-flawed, simple-minded framework you do.

The flood was worldwide. At the time of the flood, the earth was one land mass. After the flood, in the days of Peleg, the earth was divided.

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

1 Chronicles 1:19
19 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg; because in his days the earth was divided: and his brother’s name was Joktan.

The genealogy of Peleg:

Noah Shem Arphaxad Salah Eber Peleg

From this we see that it was after the flood that the earth was divided. Thus the kangaroo theory does not apply.

When Christ makes his second appearance, the earth will be turned back to the way it was before it was divided.

Doctrine and Covenants 133:20-25
20 For behold, he shall stand upon the mount of Olivet, and upon the mighty ocean, even the great deep, and upon the islands of the sea, and upon the land of Zion.
21 And he shall utter his voice out of Zion, and he shall speak from Jerusalem, and his voice shall be heard among all people;
22 And it shall be a voice as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder, which shall break down the mountains, and the valleys shall not be found.
23 He shall command the great deep, and it shall be driven back into the north countries, and the islands shall become one land;
24 And the land of Jerusalem and the land of Zion shall be turned back into their own place, and the earth shall be like as it was in the days before it was divided.
25 And the Lord, even the Savior, shall stand in the midst of his people, and shall reign over all flesh.

If you incorrectly believe that the Bible is inerrant, then you are mistaken about the flood.

Any genetic scientist will tell you that one pair of any species will not sustain that species....you need at least 40 pair.

How many species of animals did this all powerful God kill off during his temper tantrum against his human creations?

If that God could make it rain for 40 days and nights, couldn't this God just smote those evil humans directly and not kill off all the animals whom Noah couldn't save?
Because...their idea of god is an asshole.

There was no temper tantrum and God grieved about what was to come in order to keep human DNA in tact.
As is the case with us, spirits are eternal. Even the bad ones. God could kill the demon hybrids, human and animal alike, but not the spirits that created the mess. They are eternal. That is why God created a special place for them, and will be dispatching them at the White Throne Judgment:

Tartarus comes from the Greek word Tartaroo which is used only once in the New Testament in 2 Peter 2:4. "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell...
and continues:
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment".

Damn, how many supernatural creatures do you believe in? Demons, spirits, hybrids, semi gods, demi-gods Big God, Big Devil.......

When I die and meet this God Almighty, I'm going to ask him why he created eye worms. Why?

You poor soul. When you meet God Almighty, I hope your only concern is eye worms...

God will say shush mortal I'm about to judge you

Forum List

Back