If a Movie Star, Governor Became President, Why Can't Trump?

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Ronald Reagan: Life Before the Presidency—Miller Center

Ronald Reagan was actually brought up by parents who were very left.

He surprised liberal Democrats and alienated the far right of the Republican Party by showing a proclivity for compromise.

Reagan proposed massive increases in individual and corporate income taxes and many other taxes as well. The price tag for these tax increases, which passed the legislature with bipartisan support against the opposition of a handful of conservative Republicans, came to a state-record $1 billion.

upload_2015-10-21_9-22-33.jpeg

It shows considering his policies. Illegals, HUGE government growth..

Reagan was a union leader and a Democrat before he was a Republican.

"I didn't leave the party, the party left me."

He surprised liberal Democrats and alienated the far right of the Republican Party by showing a proclivity for compromise.

Reagan proposed massive increases in individual and corporate income taxes and many other taxes as well. The price tag for these tax increases, which passed the legislature with bipartisan support against the opposition of a handful of conservative Republicans, came to a state-record $1 billion.

View attachment 53013

Because Trump isn't a movie star Governor. :)

Meh Reagan was a RINO. Like that Chaffe guy or whatever his name is.

View attachment 53013

Trump can, and probably will. I hope so.

Though I'm fond of Carson too.

Chaffe would of had a better chance if he didn't part his hair in the middle, and sound like a hillbilly . All he needed was a tooth gone and a Duck Dynasty shirt on...lol I actually like Duck Dynasty, Chaffe creeped me out.

View attachment 53013

Trump could become President.

He just won't become President.

Trump is a better actor than Reagan was- but Reagan was a better leader than Trump is.

Many many former republicans have left the party because of it's extremes, and too far left of the Reagan years.

I do not see anyone on the right side having the same view's as Reagan, except for Trump or perhaps Governor John Kasich ( not too sure about him )

Many many former republicans have left the party because of it's extremes, and too far left of the Reagan years.

I do not see anyone on the right side having the same view's as Reagan, except for Trump or perhaps Governor John Kasich ( not too sure about him )

Trump and Reagan have their differences. illegals and free trade for instance

Forum List

Back