Yes, the militia is actually all the people

Plagerist

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2024
Timeless quotes.

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an Americans.
-Tench Coxe

Timeless quotes.

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an Americans.
-Tench Coxe

Lee's opinions look to be how many saw the world during the 18th century. I seem to remember Washington squashing a few rebellions of men who considered themselves the militia without a duty to obey civil authority.

Timeless quotes.

-Tench Coxe
And each governor can call in the unorganized militia to organize and regulate it.

what if youre fighting against the government/national guard/military??

and whos responsible for arming the people??
If a Governor calls us up there is something like Volcanic Eruption , Massive Earthquake , Comet / Meteor Strike , widespread sabotage or Terrorism , Widespread Arson Fires ... not California & Texas going after DC like in “ Civil War “

If a Governor calls us up there is something like Volcanic Eruption , Massive Earthquake , Comet / Meteor Strike , widespread sabotage or Terrorism , Widespread Arson Fires ... not California & Texas going after DC like in “ Civil War “
thats dodging the question not answering it,,

what if it came to a point the people had to stand against the fed or even state government,, who arms the people and gets them in good working order??

thats the real intent behind the 2nd A not for tornados and storms,,

what if it came to a point the people had to stand against the fed or even state government,, who arms the people and gets them in good working order??

Not dodging the question . We were defensive in our training , and we liaised with the County Sheriffs In our regions on ( Search & Rescue ) and were Friendly with Local & State & Federal Officials . We vetted out people who were potentially hostile .

Not dodging the question . We were defensive in our training , and we liaised with the County Sheriffs In our regions on ( Search & Rescue ) and were Friendly with Local & State & Federal Officials . We vetted out people who were potentially hostile .
and again you didnt come close to answering my question,,

whos job is it to make sure the people are well armed and in good working order??

We

We were armed and well trained already ( No need for Fat Deputies to give us tutelage or for a Gunshop owner to give. Us discounts )

You were never Militia so whatever answer I give you have a narrative that predicates hostility
all I want to know is who provides your arms??

and what if its the government youre fighting againt??

thats such a simple question the answer shouldnt be more than two or three words,,

Forum List

Back