Idiots Mirandize Terrorist & He STOPS Talking!!

He's a US citizen. He has to be mirandized. He has civil rights and I'm not willing to take them away. As reprehensible and contemptible as that little bastard is, rights aren't something we should be willing to take away.

I don't like it either but it's a principle I'll stand by. Now after his trial and inevitable conviction, he should be executed, and his corpse ground up and fed to swine, all live on Al-Jazzerra.

They had 48 hours to question him about national security before the law requires his rights be read to him. They did it in 16 hours.

Unexcusable

Cite the law, please.

He's a US citizen. He has to be mirandized. He has civil rights and I'm not willing to take them away. As reprehensible and contemptible as that little bastard is, rights aren't something we should be willing to take away.

I don't like it either but it's a principle I'll stand by. Now after his trial and inevitable conviction, he should be executed, and his corpse ground up and fed to swine, all live on Al-Jazzerra.

You're 100% correct.

The law was passed.....as was passed...no recourse.
The same applies to him being tried by the military:
"The central role of the AUMF was guaranteed by the so-called Non-Detention Act, 18 U.S.C. § 4001(a), which provides that “[n]o citizen shall be imprisoned or otherwise detained except pursuant to an Act of Congress.”
JURIST - Forum: AUMF and the Ever-Increasing Importance of Padilla

Too bad.
I would have water-boarded him day and night.

We already have established you are a totalitarian.

Tsarnaev was captured Friday. Today is Thursday, long past 48 hours after his capture.

Also, the public safety exception does not apply to intel that has no bearing on an immediate threat to the public. For instance, asking him about his connections to Al Qaeda or whatnot. That has nothing to do with an immedate threat to the public.

If it take the feds less than 48 hours to establish there was no immediate threat to the public, they must then Mirandize him. The "48 hours" meme is bullshit. His rights kick in the second it has been found there is no immediate threat.

Unlike all you dipshits who are repeating what you heard in the partisan press, I can actually cite the law: New York v. Quarles.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=467&invol=649

Last edited:

They had 48 hours to question him about national security before the law requires his rights be read to him. They did it in 16 hours.

Unexcusable

You are on that wagon too? Fuck....dumber than I thought. And I thought you were pretty dumb.

Any confession the suspect makes regarding the bombing before he is Mirandized does not fall under the "public safety" exception.

The longer they interrogate him, the more likely he will self-incriminate, all of which could very well be inadmissable in court. It is far better to Mirandize him so that such confessions can be admitted.

It is also noteworthy none of you have noticed he has not lawyered up yet.

You either have laws or you do not.
You can't just forget the bits you don't think should apply to some people.

This is what leads to justifying executions without trial of Americans abroad.
Frankly, that's no better than the Boston bombing bastards' work.

Any confession the suspect makes regarding the bombing before he is Mirandized does not fall under the "public safety" exception.

The longer they interrogate him, the more likely he will self-incriminate, all of which could very well be inadmissable in court. It is far better to Mirandize him so that such confessions can be admitted.

It is also noteworthy none of you have noticed he has not lawyered up yet.

You're not as smart as you keep touting. In fact, you're moronic. His attorney showed up along with the judge.

Look Miranda is bullshit to begin with....if you're arrested talk, or they'll make you, if you dont know anything, then dont blow up people.....it's really not that difficult

MORONIC! STUPID! THIS IS HOW NOTTTTT NOT NOT TO GET INTEL!!!! :cuckoo:

-----------
Tsarnaev questioned for 16 hours before he was read Miranda rights

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon with his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was questioned for 16 hours by authorities before being read his Miranda rights, the AP reports today.

Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, confessed his role in the crime during the questioning in his hospital room, but that confession may not be admissible in court. Once he was advised of his right to seek counsel and remain silent by a representative from the U.S. attorney's office, the suspect stopped talking."

yyeeaahh

This is why conservatives get such a bad rap.

Everyday I come here I argue with liberals that they are clearing taking away their own rights

and I can shut them down on a regular basis

but then comes along an anti-freedom fringe nut like you, and I lose b/c I'm guilty by association.

Thanks fuck hole

-----------

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon with his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was questioned for 16 hours by authorities before being read his Miranda rights, the AP reports today.

Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, confessed his role in the crime during the questioning in his hospital room, but that confession may not be admissible in court. Once he was advised of his right to seek counsel and remain silent by a representative from the U.S. attorney's office, the suspect stopped talking."
They probably got all they thought they were going to get. I think this was the plan. If they just kept interrogating without a Miranda warning, eventually he could make some statement which could make it difficult to introduce some evidence at his trial. They probably did the right thing.

They probably got all they thought they were going to get. I think this was the plan. If they just kept interrogating without a Miranda warning, eventually he could make some statement which could make it difficult to introduce some evidence at his trial. They probably did the right thing.
Yup

-----------

Nope. You're not listening to other news sources. The FBI is FURIOUS. Think the FBI would be mad if that was the plan and they were informed? No.

No one told the FBI & the High Value Interrogation Team that the judge was coming. They had 48 hours (which is not much time) to question him, go get pix, bring them back, ask follow-up questions, etc. etc. That's not much time at all. Ever been to an interrogation? I have. They don't have it all wrapped up in a neat little bow in 15 minutes. It takes weeks, sometimes longer. Saddam was interrogated over several months and patience is what gets info. The FBI is fuming mad because they were blind sighted WITH NO NOTICE that they were coming down to do that. I'll support the FBI on this one, sorry kids.

-----------

Nope. You're not listening to other news sources. The FBI is FURIOUS. Think the FBI would be mad if that was the plan and they were informed? No.

No one told the FBI & the High Value Interrogation Team that the judge was coming. They had 48 hours (which is not much time) to question him, go get pix, bring them back, ask follow-up questions, etc. etc. That's not much time at all. Ever been to an interrogation? I have. They don't have it all wrapped up in a neat little bow in 15 minutes. It takes weeks, sometimes longer. Saddam was interrogated over several months and patience is what gets info. The FBI is fuming mad because they were blind sighted WITH NO NOTICE that they were coming down to do that. I'll support the FBI on this one, sorry kids.
My understanding is the FBI made no official statement. FBI Deputy Director Sean Joyce why the FBI didn't raise objections, according to another U.S. official. Mr. Joyce said in essence it wasn't the FBI's role to object to such a determination, the official said. Several congressman and a ex FBI man were not happy with the judge and so stated. I think the description of the FBI being furious is at a minimum an overstatement.

Judge Made Miranda-Rights Call in Boston Case - WSJ.com

Last edited:

My understanding is the FBI made no official statement. FBI Deputy Director Sean Joyce why the FBI didn't raise objections, according to another U.S. official. Mr. Joyce said in essence it wasn't the FBI's role to object to such a determination, the official said. Several congressman and a ex FBI man were not happy with the judge and so stated. I think the description of the FBI being furious is at a minimum an overstatement.

Judge Made Miranda-Rights Call in Boston Case - WSJ.com

I love the logic....if we don't give him the right to stop talking, he's going to keep talking....as if he has no idea that continuing to talk would not help his case.

Much like if the light company doesn't send you a bill, you'll sign over your entire paycheck based on not being advised of how much you owe.

As much as I would like to see the Boston bomber guy skinned alive, we still have to follow the law.

Forum List

Back