Idiots Mirandize Terrorist & He STOPS Talking!!

MORONIC! STUPID! THIS IS HOW NOTTTTT NOT NOT TO GET INTEL!!!! :cuckoo:

-----------
Tsarnaev questioned for 16 hours before he was read Miranda rights

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon with his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was questioned for 16 hours by authorities before being read his Miranda rights, the AP reports today.

Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, confessed his role in the crime during the questioning in his hospital room, but that confession may not be admissible in court. Once he was advised of his right to seek counsel and remain silent by a representative from the U.S. attorney's office, the suspect stopped talking."

He can't talk at all, you know.

IANAL, so I'm unsure of the law. It seems to me though that anything he said before being mirandized couldn't be used against him in a trial. If that's the case why bother questioning him at all? If it's a matter of finding out wether there is a continued threat, why not waterboard the bastard for 48 hours? Then mirandize him.

Bombing Suspect Immediately Stops Talking After Government Reads Him His Miranda Rights

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Bombing Suspect Immediately Stops Talking After Government Reads Him His Miranda Rights - Business Insider

BOSTON (AP) — Sixteen hours after investigators began interrogating him, the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings went silent: he'd just been read his constitutional rights.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev immediately stopped talking after a magistrate judge and a representative from the U.S. Attorney's office entered his hospital room and gave him his Miranda warning, according to four officials of both political parties briefed on the interrogation. They insisted on anonymity because the briefing was private.
Damn. They'll never be able to convict him now.....:doubt:

IANAL, so I'm unsure of the law. It seems to me though that anything he said before being mirandized couldn't be used against him in a trial. If that's the case why bother questioning him at all? If it's a matter of finding out wether there is a continued threat, why not waterboard the bastard for 48 hours? Then mirandize him.

Because they are still holding the waterboard for Hannity...and charity.

-----------

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon with his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was questioned for 16 hours by authorities before being read his Miranda rights, the AP reports today.

Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, confessed his role in the crime during the questioning in his hospital room, but that confession may not be admissible in court. Once he was advised of his right to seek counsel and remain silent by a representative from the U.S. attorney's office, the suspect stopped talking."

well, everything he said in the first 16 hours can now be thrown out of court

He's a US citizen. He has to be mirandized. He has civil rights and I'm not willing to take them away. As reprehensible and contemptible as that little bastard is, rights aren't something we should be willing to take away.

I don't like it either but it's a principle I'll stand by. Now after his trial and inevitable conviction, he should be executed, and his corpse ground up and fed to swine, all live on Al-Jazzerra.

You're 100% correct.

The law was passed.....as was passed...no recourse.
The same applies to him being tried by the military:
"The central role of the AUMF was guaranteed by the so-called Non-Detention Act, 18 U.S.C. § 4001(a), which provides that “[n]o citizen shall be imprisoned or otherwise detained except pursuant to an Act of Congress.”
JURIST - Forum: AUMF and the Ever-Increasing Importance of Padilla

Too bad.
I would have water-boarded him day and night.

-----------

well, everything he said in the first 16 hours can now be thrown out of court

The point of questioning him prior to Mirandizing him was to glean any intel type information he may have ... were others involved, where did they get their bomb-making training from, were there sleeper cells, were there other targets (I read the brothers were headed to NYC), etc. They have enough evidence to convict him without needing statements from him. That's my understanding of it all anyway.

Outrageous. I can't believe we inform murder suspects of their rights! :evil::evil::evil::evil:

The next thing you know, we will have to inform rape suspects, robbery suspects, and drunk drivers of their rights. What kind of country is this?

What we should do is inform all people
that if you want these rights of citizenship, including due process and equal protections and defense, then you can't abuse the same system to DEPRIVE OTHERS of due process/justice.

We have to enforce the laws consistently where it goes TWO WAYS.

We can't keep enabling or rewarding people for abusing the fifth amendment to withhold or deny information so that it OBSTRUCTS the justice process for people affected by their actions. We can't afford to keep paying for defense for people UNLESS they agree to cooperate and work for restitution to victims and society as the costs of their crimes,
as part of the due process they want enforced for them. Why punish law abiding citizens for the crimes of others? Why not hold the wrongdoers responsible for all these costs? And if they can't afford it, duh, then that's why you don't commit crimes in the first place; have all citizens sign agreements in advance to pay the costs personally for any damages or abuses.

We should give people a choice, if they want FULL say in what happens as an outcome, they have to "cooperate fully" and answer ALL questions and resolve ALL issues for sake of due process and equal justice; and the reward is they get to have equal say as the people with grievances against them in the terms of assessing and paying the restitution in order to take responsibility for the debts and damages caused, and not push these onto the taxpayers.

Especially if you want life in prison, what are the terms of the labor to pay the costs, and what kind of restitution programs do the people agree should be paid for with that labor?

Don't you think that is the best deterrent, holding people responsible for consequences?

Where people can't abuse their freedom to create more damage than they can pay for, or you can't live in this country if you don't get the concept of legal and social responsibility.

If we expect 6th graders to follow the rules of the classroom or get kicked out, why not teach adults by requiring education in civics before graduating from school and becoming a legally responsible citizen?

He's a US citizen. He has to be mirandized. He has civil rights and I'm not willing to take them away. As reprehensible and contemptible as that little bastard is, rights aren't something we should be willing to take away.

I don't like it either but it's a principle I'll stand by. Now after his trial and inevitable conviction, he should be executed, and his corpse ground up and fed to swine, all live on Al-Jazzerra.

You're 100% correct.

The law was passed.....as was passed...no recourse.
The same applies to him being tried by the military:
"The central role of the AUMF was guaranteed by the so-called Non-Detention Act, 18 U.S.C. § 4001(a), which provides that “[n]o citizen shall be imprisoned or otherwise detained except pursuant to an Act of Congress.”
JURIST - Forum: AUMF and the Ever-Increasing Importance of Padilla

Too bad.
I would have water-boarded him day and night.

Instead of waterboarding, why not messageboard him?
And subject him to interrogation by a jury of people on this forum?

If he had to answer all questions from all people, including
the Conspiracy thread, until everyone "AGREED what had happened"
and were satisfied with the truth unanimously, he'd either die of the endless verbal torture this would entail, or be compelled to tell every little thing he knows, every source and connection, so every conflict could be either verified or resolved,
to get them all to shut up so he can surrender in peace.

There are fates worse than waterboarding someone.
Some people here can attest to that!

...nor is the "Exclusionary Rule" to be found anywhere in the United States Constitution. It is made-up law and could be changed by any future (or present) USSC, if the facts warrant.

-----------

So, you're saying that constitutional rights should only be selectively enforced. How right-wing of you. Does this apply to second ammendment rights as well??

As usual....that's the ONLY one.....

handjob.gif

"There are fates worse than waterboarding someone."

Who cares? It is torture, thus illegal.

Anyone who supports and encourages torture is inciting the breaking of the law and should be treated accordingly.

So how many days ago was it that the rightwing nuthouse inmates were hysterical because he wasn't going to be mirandized?

Now they're hysterical because he was?

lol, you couldn't make this shit up no one would believe it.

So how many days ago was it that the rightwing nuthouse inmates were hysterical because he wasn't going to be mirandized?

Reactionary nutjob hacks will hack: that is what they do.

Different people havw different opinions. Are you so much of a tool you just ignore that?

Anyone who supports and encourages torture is inciting the breaking of the law and should be treated accordingly.

Horsefeathers.

Why? Water boarding, despite all your literary tortuous renditions (I crack myself up), is torture. Anyone who argues for it needs to be charged with criminal conspiracy to violate the law.

Horsefeathers.

Why? Water boarding, despite all your literary tortuous renditions (I crack myself up), is torture. Anyone who argues for it needs to be charged with criminal conspiracy to violate the law.

....And, then ya' got your typical Teabaggin' Pussies, like Sean Hannity.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd7ZA-SyqW0]"I'll waterboard Hannity and get him to say KeithO's is his fav show" says SERE Instructor - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3DOnr-_dA0]Rachel Maddow Talks With A Former SERE Instructor About Waterboarding - 5/13/09 - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back