I thought Trump was Putin's puppet. Why would Trump bomb Syria?

I love how liberals care so much about civilians now after 8 years of Obama bombing and drone striking Muslims, including many civilians. Obama even said he could drone strike Americans without due process.
I love how the Trump train folks only defense of Trump is to bring up one of the 3 worst presidents in US history. Just shows how much Trump sucks.

I sure hope that the CIA is right about Syria. I hope that the gassing of the Syrian people does not turn out to have been done by the rebels. I am thinking that logically that is the case. For Assad to use gas when he is winning the civil war would seem to me to be a very very stupid thing to do. Why would Assad risk world involvement by using an illegal gas on his own people? Does not make sense to me.
It is believed that President Assad is not in control of Syrian military operations which are planned and executed independently by an Alawite officer elite.
OK, doesn't change anything.

I love how liberals care so much about civilians now after 8 years of Obama bombing and drone striking Muslims, including many civilians. Obama even said he could drone strike Americans without due process.
Obama DID kill Americans without due process.

I sure hope that the CIA is right about Syria. I hope that the gassing of the Syrian people does not turn out to have been done by the rebels. I am thinking that logically that is the case. For Assad to use gas when he is winning the civil war would seem to me to be a very very stupid thing to do. Why would Assad risk world involvement by using an illegal gas on his own people? Does not make sense to me.
I was thinking the same thing, it really doesn't make sense. Using chemical weapons would obviously not only intensify international outrage but could strain relations with Assad's only ally Russia. Certainly makes you wonder.
A further thought is, that it wasn't Assad or the rebels, it was the "new world order." Whomever that might be.

Doesn't make any sense at all. We are facing another debt ceiling crisis, Syria seems to be winning THEIR war, peace was about to break out, and Russia was working hard on IS. Very strange, but Israel, McCain and even Hillary was screaming for action. I think it was meant to send a message, to someone who campaigned on stopping foreign aggression and taking on the spystate.

Trump didn't like the dead civilians so he cleared the attack.

Trump doesn't give a shit about dead civilians.

If he did, he would be offering safe harbor to refugees.

This was more about changing the narrative at home.
He said he will build safe zones. Needless to say he has nit taken part in such negotiations.

It is clear from russia's previous hickups that they always wanted to suspend thei IR agreement with US in Syria. They gave it as a bluff, take it as a bluff and will probably offer it again as a bluff.

Putin feared Clinton would stand up to him in the Middle East and Europe.
By talking about "America First!", Donald Trump, while clearly unpredictable, gave the impression that he would concern himself with matters in the USA and, consequently, leave Putin to do whats in the Middle East and Europe. It was not so much that Donald Trump would be Putin's puppet but that he would not be an enemy.
It must be admitted that Donald Trump has criticized President Obama every day of his presidency but kept his lip buttoned about Putin. It looked like Putin got what he wanted.
Even now, with Tomahawk missiles raining down on a Syrian air base, Russia has not been criticized by Trump and the Russians were warned about the attack.
Trump wants to have his cake and eat it. He will have infuriated Putin with the attack on a small Syrian airport but he will still want to be pals with Putin. He doesn't get it. This said, Trump needs to keep infuriating Putin and frustrating the Russian's imperial ambition.

Is anyone else concerned it took 50 cruise missiles to take out one air base?

Oh, we have a weapons expert among us. So tell us all, how many should it have taken? Because the military is quite satisfied with the results.

Many witnesses said the gas was delivered by planes. The rebels don't have planes.

That's easy. Because he's not Putins bitch.

Putin supports Assad and if he had control of Trump our forces never would have bombed Assad's airbase killing a general.

Trump didn't like the dead civilians so he cleared the attack.

Easy, peasy.

I think what got to Trump were the pictures of those kids. I think it got to anybody that seen them or the videos.

Many witnesses said the gas was delivered by planes. The rebels don't have planes.
Still makes no sense for Assad or his regime to have done this. Doesn't have to make sense for him to do so but it sure seems like a stupid thing to do that had almost no effect on the war.

Oh, he is still Putin's bitch, that is why we warned Russia before the attack so they could move their people and tell Assad to move his planes.

No, he didn't want to start a major conflict with Russia. If we killed several Russian solders and took out some Russian equipment, then Russia would have no choice but to respond. Our beef is with Syria and Trump wants to keep it that way.........for now.

Still makes no sense for Assad or his regime to have done this. Doesn't have to make sense for him to do so but it sure seems like a stupid thing to do that had almost no effect on the war.

Look at it from Assad's point of view. There is a new sheriff in the US. He knows the last guy was a big-eared sissy, but nobody knew where Trump's line in the sand was. Also is the rumor floating around that Trump and Putin are distant buddies according to the left.

I don't know much about that war over there, but from what I seen on television, this isn't the first time Assad used gas on his people. In fact it's been done several times before. It's just that the MSM didn't cover it very well because it would expose the lack of leadership we had the last eight years.

Now Assad knows Trump and Putin are far from friends. He knows that Trump (unlike DumBama) is not afraid to take action against his inhuman attacks--especially when it comes to children. The US will indeed enforce international law that the UN will not enforce.

The use of Sarin gas required a response. Hitting the aircraft that might be responsible for delivering the gas was a message to knock it the F off. No dilly dallying or red crayons in the sand.

BTW. I thought the deal Obama made ended the threat. Stupidity in motion.

Just who is the real puppet of Putin? Also, will be getting the Trump Russian hooker pee video liberals hyped for months now that Trump has defied Putin?

he is. he told putin in advance and they set it up so nothing serious got hit.

damn, you trump loons are the stupidest people on the planet.

He told the Russians in advance because we aren't FIGHTING the Russians, damn you are stupid.

Forum List

Back