I Thought This was Amazing

I had some ducks as a teen for a science project, kept them about 6 months. We eventually gave them to a developed area which had a stream running around it. While I had them they used to love to swim in our pool. Well, when we released them they would find the community pool and visit it periodically, the management had told us. I went to check on them a couple of years later (one was an oriental duck, so unusual crown on its head and the leader of the pack) and they immediately found me and jumped in my lap. It was amazing. Birds are smart.

They say crows recognize human faces and remember who's okay, and who treats them badly and they even somehow communicate to the others which humans are "bad."

Looks like the condor imprinted on the man. Same with depotoo 's ducks. The first time I read of imprinting was in the Konrad Lorenz book, King Solomon's Ring.

I do believe that animals are much smarter and more emotional than we know or understand. This is one of favorite videos showing the love animals can have for humans.

We have a lot of crows here. I noticed a few months after moving here that whenever I stopped the car, as I drove around town, there would be crows staring at me intently. One day after going to the store, I stopped at a stoplight, and a crow flew past my car and perched on the pole at the intersection, and stared down at me, then followed me as I drove after the light changed.

My son had been putting his breakfast sandwiches (made lovingly by moi before school) on the top of our car. He didn't want them, but didn't want me to know. The crows figured it out, and they had started following me around.

Stupid crows lolol.

They like us. But they attacked my boss once, which I think is absolutely HILARIOUS. They attacked her as she was strolling along with her friends and family.

I totally get it.

Looks like the condor imprinted on the man. Same with depotoo 's ducks. The first time I read of imprinting was in the Konrad Lorenz book, King Solomon's Ring.

I do believe that animals are much smarter and more emotional than we know or understand. This is one of favorite videos showing the love animals can have for humans.

Among humans we call that bonding. "Imprinting" sounds like computers being programmed. Animals are more than robots or computers. The condor and the ducks bonded with the humans who showed them kindness and love.

The term "imprinting" was used to describe animals bonding with their parents or parent substitutes before there were computers lol. They stole the term from animals.

The term "imprinting" was used to describe animals bonding with their parents or parent substitutes before there were computers lol. They stole the term from animals.
I still use the term "bonding." They are really no different than humans. A baby "bonds" with its mother in the same way.

Forum List

Back