I thought Romney would have made a good president years ago

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Despite thinking he was petty during the election it does not override the fact that if he was good enough to be President then, he's good enough to be secretary of state now.

Of all the rumors I've heard about potential Trump cabinet members, he's probably the most sane choice.
How predictable of you. In years past he was considered the antichrist for teasing a fag & kenneling a dog.
Reminds me of McCains treatment pre nomination & post.

I was a member of this board throughout Romney's campaign - you're welcome to try to find a single post of mine where I "considered him the anti-christ".

I thought he was a mediocre politician, and I still do. But I'm sure he's a nice man and a good father, and I'm sure he means well. For lack of a better word, he'd be a status-quo SoS, and probably wouldn't completely destroy our reputation with the rest of the world or alienate us from every other country in the world - in other words, do his job correctly.

The same cannot be said for many people in the rumors I've heard.

• Banned
Of all the rumors I've heard about potential Trump cabinet members, he's probably the most sane choice.
How predictable of you. In years past he was considered the antichrist for teasing a fag & kenneling a dog.

I was a member of this board throughout Romney's campaign - you're welcome to try to find a single post of mine where I "considered him the anti-christ".

I thought he was a mediocre politician, and I still do. But I'm sure he's a nice man and a good father, and I'm sure he means well.

I'll take your word for it. Unlike other losers on this board is couldn't give two shits what someone thought years ago. That's the business trolls are in not i.

I thought he was a mediocre politician, and I still do. But I'm sure he's a nice man and a good father, and I'm sure he means well.

I'll take your word for it. Unlike other losers on this board is couldn't give two shits what someone thought years ago. That's the business trolls are in not i.

Yet there are you are commenting on criticisms at least 4 years old. Strange.

Despite thinking he was petty during the election it does not override the fact that if he was good enough to be President then, he's good enough to be secretary of state now.

Gramps we had an opportunity to see Romney's true character during this election, he's a back stabber. You have to be very careful around these politicians, they are slick and practiced in deception. How many times have they fooled us, only later we learn what a real dick they are.

I will be disappointed, because of all he said and did, but I imagine he would do a good job IF he gets it.

Romney is not a good choice for any position in the Trump cabinet. He cannot be trusted and appointing him would prove to be a mistake.

Romney is not a good choice for any position in the Trump cabinet. He cannot be trusted and appointing him would prove to be a mistake.

I feel the same way, but IF he is chosen we have to live with it, and should try and make the best of it. All eyes will be on him, so maybe he would do good.
I would feel a bit better if he came forward and apologized to Trump.

I have other preferences though....but not up to me.

Last edited:

I feel the same way, but IF he is chosen we have to live with it, and should try and make the best of it. All eyes will be on him, so maybe he would do good.
I would feel a bit better if he came forward and apologized to trump.

I have other preferences though....but not up to me.
The way I see it is that Trump has already done what he needed to do, just by winning the election and keeping the psycho lesbian out of the WH. Anything else is a bonus.

If Romney takes the job he's admitting to the world that his "strong convictions" as a conservative are completely meaningless. S.J is right, he can't be trusted. No Republican can.

If Romney takes the job he's admitting to the world that his "strong convictions" as a conservative are completely meaningless. S.J is right, he can't be trusted. No Republican can.
No establishment Republican.

Romney has some stiff competition: Giuliani and er...hurummphhh!...David Petraeus.

Forum List

Back