I think we need some posters to volunteer to monitor any unfairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst, they would have no power I think it might wake up some of the powers that be to a lot of things that go unseen and unnoticed.

Such a group would be able to shine some light into some dark corners of unfairness on here.

That would be a plus for the board right? How could anyone be against that?

Message boards, like life, are patently unfair.

Yes they are.. But not this mod staff.. The rules are too simple. We have less power than most any other message board to mess with your content..

In view of the fact that the USMB mods do not have lethal weapons, stun guns, pepper spray, batons, and are not allowed to use choke holds, they ain't doing a bad job. No body cameras either.

I'll wear a body cam if it makes Persuader feel better.. :auiqs.jpg: I think all this is about a thread that got moved to Health from Breaking News because it was the 3rd one on his topic... Pretty low bar for a meltdown... :rolleyes:

We’re called moderators
Who monitors the monitors?

The "power check" is really in the UNIQUE rules and the way we moderate.. Have VERY LITTLE control over content.. 80% of what we do is enforcing "topic control" -- not "content control".. We read threads for specific topical content in each post.. Here's what we do..

Post HAS "specific topical content" -- stop reading.
Post HAS NO "specific topical content" -- mark it for moderation..

THAT'S IT DUDE -- that's the vast majority of USMB mod actions.. No bias on "overthunk" content.. Same deal with Titles/OPosts -- If they promote a "clean start to discussion" -- leave them the hell alone..

In view of the fact that the USMB mods do not have lethal weapons, stun guns, pepper spray, batons, and are not allowed to use choke holds, they ain't doing a bad job. No body cameras either.

I'll wear a body cam if it makes Persuader feel better.. :auiqs.jpg: I think all this is about a thread that got moved to Health from Breaking News because it was the 3rd one on his topic... Pretty low bar for a meltdown... :rolleyes:

"I'll wear a body cam"

ONLY allowed if you are sans clothing. I have literally this second made a NEW rule :smoke:

To make into simple happening:

Body Cam wearing clothing = Not allowed, if discovered wearing clothing IMMEDIATE airdrop into Gitmo :smoke:

Whilst, they would have no power I think it might wake up some of the powers that be to a lot of things that go unseen and unnoticed.

Such a group would be able to shine some light into some dark corners of unfairness on here.

Message boards, like life, are patently unfair.

Yes they are.. But not this mod staff.. The rules are too simple. We have less power than most any other message board to mess with your content..

Why on Earth would anyone want to mess with another man's content?

"I'll wear a body cam"

ONLY allowed if you are sans clothing. I have literally this second made a NEW rule :smoke:

Body Cam wearing clothing = Not allowed, if discovered wearing clothing IMMEDIATE airdrop into Gitmo :smoke:

Posters need to keep an eye on Lucy. She's getting mean as a Timber Rattlesnake.
Don't cross her or it's Gitmo.

Sorry dude, it's a private forum. Their word is law. There is no "give" there, trust me. We've butted heads enough.

"I'll wear a body cam"

Posters need to keep an eye on Lucy. She's getting mean as a Timber Rattlesnake.
Don't cross her or it's Gitmo.

OMG! Yes :wine:

Even the police have other police monitor them...usually called internal affairs.

And this board has an administrator and other mods, if you think something is improper, PM them.

Sorry dude, it's a private forum. Their word is law. There is no "give" there, trust me. We've butted heads enough.
If by "butted heads" you mean your face to my palm, then yeah.

View attachment 375069
Hallucinating again?

You need your meds adjusted again.

"Hallucinating again?

You need your meds adjusted again."

The response to your above comment is this:

View attachment 375076
Yes, I realize you can see how fucked up he is too.

Thread could be getting nasty and so to De-Escalate we need something calming and gorgeous to De-Escalate and so everyone look at the below video of this adorable kitten :)

View attachment 375069
Hallucinating again?

"Hallucinating again?

View attachment 375076

Thread could be getting nasty and so to De-Escalate we need something calming and gorgeous to De-Escalate and so everyone look at the below video of this adorable kitten :)

Don't tell me, tell Make Marion.

" Please Provide A Link To A Fore Example "

* Learn To Articulate Sentiments Levied As Insults More Cleverly *

One of my most favorite political forums was hardcorepolitics.com , however it no longer exists ; there were not any rules for language and if a threat against your personal safety was valid then notify the police .

View attachment 375069
Hallucinating again?

"Hallucinating again?

View attachment 375076

Don't tell me, tell Make Marion.

Dude, is English a secondary language for you?

Don't you just love it when the new people come in and think they know how to fix all that they perceive as wrong with the board?

Here's a clue, if you don't like it, go somewhere else. It's easier and you will endure far less ridicule. Besides, no one is forcing you to be here.

Last edited:

Go to liberal circle jerk DU

We’re called moderators

The "power check" is really in the UNIQUE rules and the way we moderate.. Have VERY LITTLE control over content.. 80% of what we do is enforcing "topic control" -- not "content control".. We read threads for specific topical content in each post.. Here's what we do..

THAT'S IT DUDE -- that's the vast majority of USMB mod actions.. No bias on "overthunk" content.. Same deal with Titles/OPosts -- If they promote a "clean start to discussion" -- leave them the hell alone..
There are other ways for mods to put their thumb on the scales

one example is the pictures they assign to topics on the right side of the screen

such as displaying a picture of a white Christian minister that has been doctored with pig ears and a nose when the thread is about a black race hustler named al sharpton

and then leaving it up for many days after anyone posted a comment there

We’re called moderators

There are other ways for mods to put their thumb on the scales

one example is the pictures they assign to topics on the right side of the screen

such as displaying a picture of a white Christian minister that has been doctored with pig ears and a nose when the thread is about a black race hustler named al sharpton

and then leaving it up for many days after anyone posted a comment there

What right side of the screen are you talking about?? Moderation has no control over any "right side boxes".. That's all automatically generated content based on "popular threads" and stuff... And the program is sometimes stone stupid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back