I think we need some posters to volunteer to monitor any unfairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In view of the fact that the USMB mods do not have lethal weapons, stun guns, pepper spray, batons, and are not allowed to use choke holds, they ain't doing a bad job. No body cameras either.

I'll wear a body cam if it makes Persuader feel better.. :auiqs.jpg: I think all this is about a thread that got moved to Health from Breaking News because it was the 3rd one on his topic... Pretty low bar for a meltdown... :rolleyes:

"I'll wear a body cam"

ONLY allowed if you are sans clothing. I have literally this second made a NEW rule :smoke:

To make into simple happening:

Body Cam wearing clothing = Not allowed, if discovered wearing clothing IMMEDIATE airdrop into Gitmo :smoke:

Can't afford the 360 view cameras, so you're only gonna see a bunch of turkeys grazing outside my window.. More like a "wildlife" cam.. But you keep thinking that... LOL...

What right side of the screen are you talking about?? Moderation has no control over any "right side boxes".. That's all automatically generated content based on "popular threads" and stuff... And the program is sometimes stone stupid..
I dont know how it happened but it did

I even complained a out it but no one in management even bothered to reply

Whilst, they would have no power I think it might wake up some of the powers that be to a lot of things that go unseen and unnoticed.

Such a group would be able to shine some light into some dark corners of unfairness on here.

That would be a plus for the board right? How could anyone be against that?

Actually about 2 years ago, there was a proposal to bring on an "ombudsman" for visibility. Would have mod access, but no powers other than SUMMARIZING the number and type of actions taken by mod staff that week.. Because we do suffer from not SHOWING how hard the staff works. Probably, (closest guess) 750 post deletions, 84 warnings, 150 thread bans, 250 thread moves/merges/closes, and at LEAST a total of 30 or 40 hours in PMs with members every week.. Something like that. But I think staff thought that to be boring after a couple weeks..

Have bugged the IT wizards to display the "summarized entry" for a deleted post to members. They can't do that without including the "mod controls" that come with that "ghost post"..

What right side of the screen are you talking about?? Moderation has no control over any "right side boxes".. That's all automatically generated content based on "popular threads" and stuff... And the program is sometimes stone stupid..

Was it part of the ad stream? Because there's this stupid feature that let's USMB advertise OWN THREADS,.. And it's stupid because NO ONE has control over which threads the algorithm picks to advertise.. Shoot me a pic of which right side panel you saw this in.. Was the complaint in PM to Mod Staff or Admin? Admin just takes a pass on editorial and daily moderation business..

As someone that gets infracted more 95% of those here, I feel like I may can speak with some authority in saying the moderation here is pretty fair!

This forum has the best mods, even **--* * * - * ----*********** --* -****************** -- IS a GREAT mod!

Hey WHICH mod is it?

*--* * * - * ----*********** --* -****************** --

flacaltenn POSSIBLY will be able to guess because he is VERY intelligent, but obviously he's NOT an intellectual like me :smoke:

We gonna have that wrestling match again about Liberal Arts vs STEM graduates again? Turns out you can LEARN Liberal arts on your own dime.. STEM curriculums require labs and labcoats.. LOL....

Hallucinating again?

You need your meds adjusted again.

Thank you for providing EXACTLY the sort of content free posting as Flac outlined above. Good job.

Now, as to whether this place needs monitors for the mods, I'm claiming dibs on Flac. We already have a very close working relationship.

Hallucinating again?

You need your meds adjusted again.

Thank you for providing EXACTLY the sort of content free posting as Flac outlinerd above. Good job.

Now, as to whether this place needs monitors for the mods, I'm claiming dibs on Flac. We already have a very close working relationship.

Post you're responding to here was deleted.. I'm afraid to delete THIS post of yours -- lest I get a 3 page PM from you about it.. :hyper:

Was it part of the ad stream?
No. It went directly to a thread about al sharpton

but the picture was of a white Christian minister that someone in management evidently did not like like

The stupid "USMB ad" placement app just pulls content from somewhere in the entire thread. I'm sure if we went back and cruised the thread -- that pic was in there as "user content".. It's terminally stupid.. And if Mod Staff had a better relationship with Owner/Wizards -- I go argue that point with them...

I've seen worse from this "algorithm".. Seems it favors the more lurid and depraved content to "advertise" to USMB members... Not a fan either.. But that's what living and working in social media land is like these days.. :eek-52:

but the picture was of a white Christian minister that someone in management evidently did not like like

The stupid "USMB ad" placement app just pulls content from somewhere in the entire thread. I'm sure if we went back and cruised the thread -- that pic was in there as "user content".. It's terminally stupid.. And if Mod Staff had a better relationship with Owner/Wizards -- I go argue that point with them...

I've seen worse from this "algorithm".. Seems it favors the more lurid and depraved content to "advertise" to USMB members... Not a fan either.. But that's what living and working in social media land is like these days.. :eek-52:

Thanks for question Mac-7.. It's something I needed to get off my chest.. Gonna go look at the examples that are there right now.. Hold my anxiety meds... LOL...

Hey Mac-7.. You mean like THESE???

USMB annoying ads.png

Check out the bottom 2 ads. Last one is an intro thread and the PIC is that purposely annoying pulsing blob that Hossfly uses on all new members.. LOL.. The one above is also a "randomly selected" USMB thread that uses a pic from the thread... Doesn't even HAVE to be in the OPost..

Glad you asked... Members shouldn't let stuff like this fester and create tension with USMB.. Just ask a moderator to find out what's going on...

Last edited:

Oh yes.

I'm not going to say what I've seen pop up.

Oh yes.

Evil stuff we SHOULD have deleted??? That algorithm needs its cache washed out with soap...

:hyper:

Oh yes.

Evil stuff we SHOULD have deleted??? That algorithm needs its cached washed out with soap...

:hyper:

Like I said...I'm taking the fifth. I don't want some early algorithm experiration.

I even complained about it but no one in management even bothered to reply

Was it part of the ad stream? Because there's this stupid feature that let's USMB advertise OWN THREADS,.. And it's stupid because NO ONE has control over which threads the algorithm picks to advertise.. Shoot me a pic of which right side panel you saw this in.. Was the complaint in PM to Mod Staff or Admin? Admin just takes a pass on editorial and daily moderation business..

I dont know about ad streams

but I complained through the report button and it appears I tried to start a conversation on 24 june

but no one was interested in my complaints then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back